1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

My first criticism of Stock Shifters

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by TheDevil, May 30, 2013.

1. TheDevil

TheDevil

Basically, my account is owned by my work but I run it - We get paid into works bank account.
    I have stuff I could do with selling, but we cannot accept payment into our works bank account for audit purposes.
    Emailed them and asked if they can make payment to a different bank for specific lots if they sell, in a one word answer I was told "no" you must have your own seller acount to sell my own stuff and not works.

So to sum this up, previously on TWF I could sell anything I wanted and take any payment method and now I am told I can't?

What the hell?
  2. Nick-D

Nick-D

It's not ideal but if i were selling Play.com or Amazon i would need a separate account.
  3. TheDevil

TheDevil

Yes I agree, but that doesn't cost me £X to set-up my account, I can just pay a one-off fee.
  4. eAuction

eAuction

ZZZZZzzzz, another boring SS thread. I don't see what making this public will really achieve, they aren't going to change a system which works perfectly well for 99% of people to cater for one person that wants to do something out of the ordinary. It probably requires a fair bit of technical work on their side to make such a change.
    Dean likes this.
  5. TheDevil

TheDevil

Really can't see how it could ever be long process to change a payment to somebody else.
    And these small things matter, as I said this is my first complait and it's actually quite a big one to me and quite frankly its a downside from me now not being able to sell anything but souvenir stuff whereas I could of on TWF before.
    Pretty different from you as you are offering a service it seems.

Alan
  6. eAuction

eAuction

There's a flipside though, SS transactions are much more secure than TWF's etc, you may have lost a few things but you've gained a lot.
  7. Anthony

Anthony

This isn't really a very fair criticism to make, Alan......

Your contract with Stockshifters is through the company you work for as an agent/employee, it isn't with Stockshifters as an individual. Your company prevents you from selling items through their books (why would it be any other way?) and Stockshifters can't allow you to sell personal items through the account for contractual reasons. Stockshifters provides a service to your company, with whom they have a contract with, not to you personally.

As a matter of fact you were never supposed to be selling personal items through a TWF sellers account. This is the reason we asked businesses to register their information, to enable us to identify who they were and what they would be selling/promoting on the platform. Anyone selling personal items or representing another business from the one they registered with were doing so outside of our rules, as it required a second account. It was a loophole, if you will.

A bit of tough honesty, but I think you are frustrated that you can't piggy back on what is clearly a corporate account, but in the real world, that's generally how services and their accompanying contracts are usage limited. Essentially you are wanting your company to pay your own personal expenses, and whilst this might be appropriate when you are acting solely on behalf of, and representing the interests of your company, I would be surprised if they agreed to pick up the tab when they themselves had nothing to gain.
  8. TheDevil

TheDevil

Yes and no - previously from before I could sell however I wanted too and I could take payment by numerous of different of methods, heck I have had a few people come and pay cash for stuff I have sold.

Personal items I meant as in I have hundreds of samples that need to be sold somewhere - You may remember my account was for mobile phones and then changed over to souvenirs, but as well as other things.

Totally don't agree, my work are happy with this, I asked them before I even made the email over to SS, I feel in a small business like this - These things are essential to keep people happy - When I joined over to Eurostick, I gave them my personal eBay account as well as my TWF account.

Yes maybe I am being a bit nit picky (and I did say this was my first crticism) but I was before able to sell on TWF these without a problem and now being told I need to pay to sell it personally.
    Waiting on a figure back on how much it will actually cost but the fact of the matter is I will only be selling 1/2 lots a year in total.

Sorry for the moan or whatever you want to class this as but if you look at it from my side it is frustrating.

And I totally agree with this as said rpeviously it is my first time I have ever said anything I dislike about the merger - Maybe I am just in a grumpy mood today as I had no sleep last night :(