1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

My Primesell experience

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by SimonN, Jul 25, 2012.

1. SimonN

SimonN

I originality posted this on the Primesell thread where Ollie offers an eBay shop template, listing template and eCommerce website template. I thought I would create a new thread as most of you probably don't look at that thread.

cpc likes this.
  2. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Never used his services, so can't comment on them but I have seen a few comments like this now.

However, charging so little (£150) for what would appear to be so much (eBay shop template, listing template and eCommerce website template) was bound to be a quantity over quality issue.
  3. wylie1

wylie1

Well I have used him and I have no complaints
  4. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

my 10 pence worth, yes it's cheap, and you get what you pay for, his designs are similar and easily recognisable, yes he's too busy (I'd say has a full time job/college/university etc) is slow to reply but not poor, says he'll do something by Thursday, but its a week Thursday when its done, yes, excuses are usually 'very busy', - I'd say 2-3 weeks from start to final product, and then another 2-3 weeks to sort out the tweaks. I like my website, *****************, that he did with matching ebay store, ******************************** , BUT still waiting after 2 months to correct small mistakes. When I look into my site template I find its very difficult to alter the overall look as the coding isn't set up to do so - BUT for £150 I'm satisfied, as I wasn't in a rush and the small bits get done in the end. In comparison the PrestonDesigns who did my last project within a day , communicating via skype in 'real' time for £50, then he's got a long way to go. I wouldn't say not to use Primesell if you're on a budget and have the time, but I would say that he needs to up his game in the communication and design time areas.
  5. Ross

Ross

Simon, you have just described the exact same experience I had with him.

I ended up giving up completely with him as i wasn't getting emails for over 2 weeks at a time.

He isn't a web designer at all, he knows how to add images and do basic coding which is why when you ask him to change something he can't.

I believe that somebody else coded the main template for him that he uses and he just changes it to suit the next person. If you notice everybody that uses him has the exact same layout.

Very poor service.
  6. shopafrolix

yes, its not a 'custom' design service he offer's, its just a custom template - but for the money . . . . !

I've used Rocket Templates (now ebazoo ) and for £350 you get what you pay for
  7. SimonN

SimonN

Too true. Lesson learnt.
    It took about a month for my website. He managed to tweak a few things, which I had to keep pestering him about, others he was just simply unable to do and kept avoiding the issue,
    Ross, did you pay in full? Or did it not get that far?
    I second that.
    My site's been down for a month or so now, he hasn't even bothered helping me upload the template to an alternative host..
  8. Kingamer

Kingamer

You guys should have posted this about a month ago as I have used him and it is the same said 10 to 15 days but took over a month and a half the template is ok but having had a look at Zen cart I am not liking it as it is too complex to use.

What he is is that he can desgin so he has a master template and then just swaps the images over

Would there be any chance I can get a refund as I am getting some one else to make me a open cart template. I asked primesell to do it but I got a find me a template that looks similar to the Zen cart template made and I will do it
  9. Ross

Ross

I paid the full amount up front, it took him months to do an ebay template so i told him to not bother with making the website and refund me. He told me that the payment was for an ebay template and the zencart template was free so couldn't refund me anything.
  10. shopafrolix

??????????

no mention that the zencart template was free

on the plus side, there are also a very lot of very happy customers - each saying good communications and service etc
  11. Alex Le

Alex Le

I've ordered his service a month ago and paid 25%.
    At the beginning he gives you the info about the offer.
    He never gave me an estimated completion time. He didn't tell me about problems he might have with the design. I gave him precise instructions what I am looking for.
    After that I've waited for a week and contacted him. Received a reply couple days after that most of the stuff is ready.
    Another couple days and no updates. After that he said it should be ready in a day.
    But I sent couple pms days apart. A week passed and no reply received.
    Couple days ago he said that almost everything is ready (and he show me a preview). I just asked for a few small changes and had to chase him again. 2 days ago he said it will be ready. No reply, had to chase him again.
    Yesterday I sent a pm and asked for a refund for my deposit as he didn't deliver anything and it's been a month. I am waiting for my refund now. I hope he does that fast at least.
    You can never know how long will it really take him to finish.
    He never gave me an explanation for the delays. Even though I asked couple times.
    My business is down for a month now.
    If I knew about this customer service and communication in advance I wouldn't take this service for free.
    He really should take less jobs, state a real estimated delivery time, learn some basic customer support and communication. Customer support isn't just giving info about offers!
  12. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Questions were raised about this advertiser many many months ago now
  13. SimonN

SimonN

He must have done 100+ templates for forum users, it's a shame no one else posted about these issues before.
    May I ask who's doing your open cart template?
    That's perhaps where part of the problem lies. I paid a deposit and paid in full when the website was up - this is when all the communication issues started. Perhaps not parting with our money until we were completely happy with the product would have been a better idea.

You would have thought he would have given you a part refund. There's nothing saying in his thread the payment was for the eBay template and the ZC template was free. It's all included in the price.
  14. Kingamer

Kingamer

I just got a reply of him as I asked for a refund last night and he has said no as the website template was free and I paid for the ebay templates, So I simple said if I do not get a refund I will start a paypal dispute and if a few people do that then we should get a refund as paypal will see
  15. Kingamer

Kingamer

I am getting preston designs to do it seeing as Richard likes them and they did a good job on his site
  16. SimonN

SimonN

If you paid by PayPal, open a dispute.
  17. SimonN

SimonN

That's the opposite of what he told Ross. Payment for eBay, website free.
    That's the way to go. Unfortunately it's gone passed 45 days for me.
  18. Gary

Gary

But he never worded it like that in his offer on here so maybe a threat of legal action could help? you should at very least get a partial refund, that's just terrible!
  19. shopafrolix

See my post above where it links to his offer, no mention that the zencart template was free

(click on the little UP arrow next to the name)

Just to clarify, as I must be a lucky one, apart from slow communications, maybe some on my behalf at the time as I was in Tenerife, I'm very pleased with the results. I know there's better out there, but for a 'starter' site its the initial costs that count. If the website ever gets busy enough to warrant a better website, then it will be upgraded then, and eshops look favourite at the moment to do so
    redspell likes this.
  20. Alex Le

Alex Le

I did pay with PayPal and I already told him I'll open a dispute. But he promised to refund it by himself. Lets see, if he doesn't do that today. I'll open a dispute.