1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

My Primesell experience

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by SimonN, Jul 25, 2012.

1. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Not if he was outsourcing the work to the far east or China for a few $$'s - thats my guess anyway.

glad to see people are getting sorted.

I actually don't think he intended to set out to deceive anyone or rip anyone off.
  2. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

this does happen ! I know of an Indian developer that does this £150 package for £85. Other developers pay him for the work and just pass it on
  3. eAuction

eAuction

Outsourcing happens all the time, and is not always a bad thing. The problem is when one unskilled person, outsources to another unskilled person.

Normally, you would outsource and have another programmer in the UK (or a technically minded project manager) check the work, and if it's not up to scratch you would go back and forth until it is.
  4. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

No it's not a bad thing at all, when done right :)
  5. Ross

Ross

Primesell offered a £50 refund so I took it as its better than nothing.
  6. Pete

Pete

It all has to do with business experience. Managing time, scheduling, not spending everything that comes in the day you receive it, etc.

As with so many others that have come and gone, it's usually not with intention of stealing, it just turns out that way.

He does seem sort of vindictive about the hosting. I know there a few designers / developers here who do their own hosting, and do not mean to put them down, but over the years there has been a plethora of these new guys offering cheap bundled deals who last a year or so and leave people hanging, not just for money and work, but also hosting they have no access to.

I don't mean this as a commercial advertisement, but it's self-preservation to buy your own domain from 123 or godaddy kinds of places (ignoring their other stuff), renting server space from a host and having design work done on a open source cart by an independent designer or by using a template. Everything is yours, you are not locked out of any of your own property and you can move whenever you damned well feel like it.

And do a backup on a regular basis, in case your host does go belly up. You can easily FTP your entire site to a PC the first day you own it and then ftp any changed files, extensions, mods as needed. Do a simple sql backup of your database regularly and you don't end up with empty pockets and no website.
  7. SportSuppliesUK

SportSuppliesUK

Just wanted to add our experience of working with Ollie at Primesell as we really didn't want this to turn into a character assassination.

Ollie has done quite a bit of work for us as a company, including our eBay store which he uses in his portfolio and his adverts for eBay stores. The work he did for us was great quality and we had no complains. We saw the preview, agreed the work and recieved exactly what we had agreed.

We were then prepared to pay for any amendments there after as Ollie had provided everything he was initially paid for, it was only fair we paid him for his time to make amendments that we request after the completion of the eBay store.

In the past few months we have noticed that Ollie's email communication has slowly down significantly as he used to be very quick to reply to our questions. We had made an enquiry to have a full custom web site designed but unfortunately the emails to clarify our requirements just petered out.

As a result we became worried about the hosting and out lack of access to our eBay store and decided to move over to Steve at IT Parts who is now advertising on here. Steve had also previously down some work with Ollie.

Steve is kindly helping us to complete the web site and re-host our eBay store.

Ollie called me yesterday afternoon to explain regarding this thread and also about why our communications and web site have now progressed. We hold no grudges with Ollie and appreciate that sometimes the best laid plans in business don't always come to fruition. I think it's fair of Ollie to issue refunds when requested, any scammer or con-man would have been away with the money without a second thought. Ollie is an honest young man who has taken on too much work which he has now paid for.

Ollie has very kindly offered to complete some upgrades on our eBay store and website when completed by Steve completely free of charge for any past inconvienences caused whilst working together. This is way and beyond what he needed to do.

I'm not saying that everyone will have positive experiences working with Olle and Primesell, however I just wanted to point out that it's not all negative all the time.
    PrestonDesigns likes this.
  8. darran williams

darran williams

thanks for the heads up!! he was supposed to have finished my site a week and half ago now but im not going to bother with him. cant even get hold of him anyway and he wasnt true to his word! No money paid though thank god :)
  9. alesio

alesio

O. M. G. L. (Oh My Good Lord).....

i cannot believe what i am reading....primesellability has had me on a string for a year now.with promises here, there and everywhere.....i honestly thought that it was just me who he was doing this to.......and Oliver.....just so u know who i am, its Cameron.........its been a month since he last responded to me....for me, my shop is actually finished, and to give credit where credit is due, i am actually very happy with the design now, even tho it has taken nearly a year of headaches, not responding for weeks at a time....making all sorts of excuses amongst a whole bunch of other reasons....this guys communication skills are zilch......beleive it or not, all that needs to be done with mine is to correct some mail forwarding, which is stopping me from opening the shop as no one will be able to contact me until its done, and correct a few minor problems......now he has disappeared again...probably the 4th or 5th time now this year....

ive had my fill with him....ive asked him for the last time for a refund and am now in the process of getting all my costs together ie: shop bills/invoice, auctiva invoices, my hosting fees, all for the year..... the full price of what i paid him, the cost of 2 separate trips from manchester to birmingham to get my money back about 6 months ago (proven with a photograph of me standing outside ur door Oliver ,when u refused to open, with a newspaper to confirm the date), and also time spent leaving work to write and reply and beg and chase this guy with over 230 emails in our conversations from 1st to last (so far i put that at 15hrs x £15 per hour as that is around what i earn as a taxi driver).....

this is all the money i am claiming from this guy and once all this info is in place ill be filing a county court judgment to get all my money back...what the court decides will have to wait and see but i am not going to let him get away with what he has done to me for the last 12 months.....

if anyone wants help or advice to do the same please get in touch as i fully understand ur pain and will be more than willing to help u on ur way....btw, to file a CCJ costs less than £40....for what i am looking to get back, it is worth it for me....u have to balance out ur own situation......
  10. Dean

Dean

Just to clarify, a CCJ only gets issued if the person fails to pay any money owed as ordered by the court.
  11. uniqbuy

uniqbuy

Most cheap freelancers over promise and under deliver. This is my general experience and I have used Ollie and others from People Per Hour.

eBay template - yes it is a standard layout (that he uses for everyone) but Ollie did design the logo, header and other graphics which are custom/semi-custom.
    Website design - I didn't want Zencart and didn't want to pay for Magento, so I asked Ollie to just do the graphics for my site for me and I did the rest with Joomla/Virtuemart (I wouldn't recommend this unless you can do basic coding as Virtuemart is nowhere near perfect out of the box. Maybe VM2 is but I haven't had a reason to upgrade yet).

£150 for the graphics (which is mainly what I needed from Ollie) is an acceptable amount to pay I think. However, he did take many, many months to do the work.

I think he just took on too much work, I don't think there was an ulterior less than pure motive.
  12. eAuction

eAuction

This is what happens when people expect professional work for unprofessional prices. £150 wouldn't buy even a day of a good developers time, and you can't build an ecommerce site in a day.
    PG likes this.
  13. alesio

alesio

sorry....maybe i should have worded it better.....i am preparing a case to put forward to the small claims court/county court to hopefully get my money back.....
  14. MSFB

MSFB

The photos... please share
  15. dan matthews

dan matthews

im wondering if any one can help me I also used primesell to design me a listing template a few years back and im still having problems with it but I have 3500 products in turbo lister which I use his template for is there any way I can get someone to swap the template for a new one or someone that can Redesign it and place it on a new server as primesell server often does not work ??