1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

My Primesell experience

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by SimonN, Jul 25, 2012.

1. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

my graphics are hosted with him, at primesellability, but not the actual site, thats what he wanted me to do though !

anyone know if theres a way to copy all the graphics and self host ?
  2. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Yes most of the shops are hosted with us. But the images for ebay shops and listing templates are on primesellability and you need to make sure you have a local save of all your images before primesellability goes down, or you will lose everything.
  3. SimonN

SimonN

How would you go about making a local save of eBay template images?
  4. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

either right click and save them all individually or use a website ripper software
  5. redspell

redspell Banned Member

.... or look at the html file you have and use for your template and look at the css parts of it (the styling) there will be links to the images used that you could put in your browser and then right click and save.
  6. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Yes this is very important and not mentioned before, if you cannot contact him at all, best to make sure you have a backup of any work he did for you, as more than likely all images will be stored on primesellability.com
  7. shopafrolix

Stevoal, you say most of his ebay shop work are hosted with you, via primesellability, and you've mentioned 'before primesellability goes down' and 'make sure you backup your work' . . . . . do you know more than you're saying ?
  8. ebafy

ebafy

If someone could post a link to their eBay store and template I will show you the exact steps to take.
  9. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Here you go Dacs, here is our listing template, so u can show other users, thanks for your input by the way...

shopafrolix, I dont know anymore than you, I have also been trying to contact Ollie, we had a more direct contact with him as we sell him his VPS, so we know the websites that are hosted on our servers via Ollie.

and just to answer the previous questions, he is not answering on his phoneline either. Now I have dealt with Ollie in the past he has done our ebay shop and listing template and web store, and we found him great. Its only recently we have had trouble contacting him. I am hoping to try and help the guy or Tracy Warren if need be as his services were very good for the cost involved.
  10. shopafrolix

11. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

yes keep the names the same so you can find in your html coding and replace the www. bit with wherever you would host them from
  12. ebafy

ebafy

eBay Store:

It's not as simple as right clicking on an image, you need to map everything together correctly by means of html and css. The images are worthless without the html and css sync. Both files are present but the nature of the coding is a table mash up! There are no true css eBay rules or guidelines, just sliced images embedded into separate tables and cells which makes the job a real head banger due to eBay intermittent coding nature. I have absolutely no idea on what has been done here, only Prime will know the answer as when embedding over in eBay, set sytax has to be formualted into the correct store wrappers.

Sorry guys!
  13. ebafy

ebafy

eBay Template:

As OP, open the css file and swipe each image which resides in your custom design. Make a local copy of your html template and merge everything together. Simply go back into your css file, and replace www.prime...... with your own host e.g. www.my_new_host..... Upload everything to your new host and revise all current items so the changes reflect your new image location.
  14. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

If you want to grab your css and images from an Ebay Shop that Ollie has designed go to manage store then

Display Settings > Store header display click change and copy all the html there and save to notepad

Then go to Custom Pages and edit them and grab the html coding for them and save them to notepad.

you should have everything then.
    shopafrolix likes this.
  15. ebafy

ebafy

As Steve said, I suggest you do this sooner rather than later before this ship sinks and takes down your entire eBay design.

If things don't get resolved and you are left in a complete mess, then send me an email or PM.

Best of luck guys, I'm sure Anthony will find a resolution soon.
  16. Pete

Pete

Something that has not been mentioned and never occurred to me until reading Steve's post about renting the VPS, Ollie may be missing.

I did my first hosting reselling using a guy who ended up being hit by a buss while on his motorcycle and in a cast for months. No attempt to cheat anyone, he simply could not run his business. Eventually the folks at the server farm were not getting paid and shut things down. Just threw the switch, so to speak. I spent a day chasing down the main man at the server place and talked him into two days time so myself and others could get things moved.

I've run into this on other forums, and the old-timers here may remember this sort of thing happening with Anthony. The forum was down for a couple of days and had to be moved.

I'm not suggesting anyone start searching hospitals, but it could be more than simply walking out on people.

And the advice above, move it sooner rather than later sure makes sense. Simply shift gears and think of it as business without Ollie in any form or fashion and do what you need to do.
  17. eAuction

eAuction

He viewed the forum on Friday.
  18. Pete

Pete

Someone using his login viewed the forum Friday.
  19. SimonN

SimonN

It seems Primesell is suspended for the time being..
  20. Zak_K

Zak_K

Richard, I thought I'd save your images and host them with my host as a backup. But having had a look at your eBay template it looks like it has some alignment issues. Do you have the original HTML code Primesell emailed you?

If you're still having problems with yours Simon I can have a look at yours too.