1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

N T M Trading

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by R.Mankelow, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has heard or dealt with NTM Trading? I contacted the company via email when I saw there advertisment in 'The Grocer' and they sent me a price list. I then emailed the person/company back asking for their company's trading name but have received no reply as yet. Do you think the Grocer would do checks on a company before letting them advertise in their magazine?
    Thanks,
    Ryan
  2. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Do they have a website?

Scott
  3. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

No they don't. I really don't know what to do, the price list seems v.reasonable and they've given me their bank account info, and their with the same bank that i'm with so payment could be v.quick. Do you think I should make a small purchase and see how it goes or just leave it?
    Thanks for your help
  4. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

What type of products is it?

If it's anything that isn't associated with food or services then I'd question why the'd advertise in a food industry magazine. The Grocer do not check their advertisers.
  5. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

They sell electricals, like games consoles & cameras etc. The ad was in the classifieds section though.
    I think thats a little bit irresponsible of 'the grocer' if NTM Trading are schemers, because it could have the possibility of losing their valued readers a lot of money!!!
  6. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

If you check the advertising area The Grocer clearly say that they take no responsibility for the advertisers.

No supplier that stocks games and consoles would advertise in the biggest Food Industry magazine in the country. Walk away :)
  7. D M

D M

Is it a company bank account?
  8. canada

canada Retired Moderator

9. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

The account name is NT Mallick Trading so I don't really know, would I be able to get that sort of info from the bank?

To be honest though they emailed me back within minutes when i enquired about the price list, but when I asked for the company's detailes they haven't replied since.
    Although in the ad they did provide two telephone numbers so maybe I should ring them??
    One other thing that made me suspicious is the business address - 7 Willow Cottages - doesn't sound like a business address.
    Maybe I should walk away.......
  10. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

11. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

Ask them for their company name, address, registration number and VAT number. If they give this to you them it will allow you to research them.

But like I said, who would advertise games in The Grocer magazine. It's like advertising mobile phones in a Hotel Trade magazine.
  12. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

Lol, ok will do.
    Thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated.
    Ryan
  13. canada

canada Retired Moderator

14. canada

canada Retired Moderator

15. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

16. canada

canada Retired Moderator

No not close to Vancouver island,I`m in Saskatchewan.

Scott
  17. Dman

Dman

This is a scam- I found out first hand

I saw the same advert in a magazing called The Business. Apparently these people have been placing adverts in higher profile magazines such as The Grocer, The Business and Top Gear magazine to name but a few.

I contacted the email address in the advert and they responded within a matter of minutes. I received a full price list, details of the item I was enquiring about and bank details.

The prices were unbelievably cheap and apparently (unlike their advert) they didn’t accept credit cards, could not sell via paypal and were reliant on payment by cheque or direct deposit to their account.

I was suspicious from the start and I contact The Business to see if they vet these people before allowing them to advertise. I was told by The Business that they credit checked the company (against what I don’t know as the company registered as ntm trading is a different company in a different place) and that they were encouraged by the fact that the company had advertised previously with Top Gear magazine. They also said that they could take no responsibility for advertisers. Not much good there then.

I wrote back to NTM saying I was concerned that it was a scam. They reassured me that they were genuine and that once I deposited the money they would arrange next day delivery of the item and provide me with tracking details.
    Aware that I was taking a risk, I deposited the relatively small amount of money with the people and awaited confirmation that my item was dispatched together with the tracking details.

This did not arrive.
    I got an email the next day telling me the item was delayed, but that it would be received the next day. When I asked for the tracking details I was sent a message that simply said “your item has been dispatched”. I grew more concerned and telephoned their number which is diverted through to someones mobile. The guy didn’t seem sure what day it was nevermind whether my item was safely dispatched. I was told I would receive an email.
    Surprise, surprise the item never arrived. When I complained I was told “The item has been dispatched”. Nothing arrived.

When I threatened police action the phone was slammed down and eventually I received an email offering a refund. They wanted my address again to send the refund (strange seeing as they supposedly had taken it for delivery).The refund was guaranteed by next day post, which didn’t arrive.

This is a scam pure and simple. They have taken the chance of advertising in large magazines thinking that the readers simply wouldn’t believe that an advertiser in THAT magazine would dare to be a scam.

I am in the process of contacting several authorities over the matter, including the police.
    Buyer beware, this is a scam.

Need anymore info. Contact me.
    Kind regards,
    Dman
  18. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Moving thread to "Bad Supplier Experiences" .

Scott
  19. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

LOL they replied to my email regarding their company's registration details with -
    Registration Number: 3561650
    VAT Number: GB 838 790479

this registration number is for a company called AA engineering design Ltd in Birmingham!
    They must think I'm stupid!

Going to ring up the grocer today to warn them about letting them advertise again!

Ryan
  20. xabi33

xabi33

NTM Trading

Just seen an advert for NTM Trading in the Independent it says it is a member of the UK trust but it looks a bit dodgy and the prices seem to be exclusive of VAT i mean a new PS3 for £198.54!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.