1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

N T M Trading

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by R.Mankelow, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

Good idea. Make sure they are aware as the *may* take action and pull any future ads.
  2. Wanch

Wanch

NTM Trading Scam

The NTM Trading is post definetley a scam. I unfortunetley have been a victim of this. I also saw the advertisment in the 'Grocer' Magazine for these great electrical products. I made contact via email and recieved a quick reply. I asked what methods of payment were available, and they said that if I went into a Halifax branch I could may cash and my goods would be despatched next day rather than waiting 5 days for a cheque to clear (amounting to £775.00).
    I checked and the bank account was registered to a NT Malick which should was fine as the company were called NTM Trading. It has now been nearly 3 weeks since I paid (after being promised my next day delivery), I have spoken to the bloke behind the whole scam a 'Micheal McDavies' a few times, and he always says that a cheque is in the post for a refund on the goods (which evidentally never arrives).
    What the company did to get the advertisment in the Grocer was use another companies details to pass the credit check and said they were a division of this company. I have actually spoken to the owner of that company, and he has nothing to do with NTM Trading, and requested that I report this to the police.
    I have reported the company, and awaiting feedback. My advice is to not order anything off NTM Trading as you will be seriously out of pocket like me.
  3. Wanch

Wanch

I've reported this company to the Grocer as well
  4. Dman

Dman

Wanch, what other action are you taking. I have also reported this but I would like to have the owner of the bank account held accountable. Are you talking to the police?
  5. Faisal07

Faisal07

I bought i ps3 of them on sunday transfered money into the account and then i googled the company and found this! Still waiting for the ps3 by reading this i think i have become a victim of it! when i asked for tracking details they kept making up an excuse.

I have their acount acount adress, an address which i could also send a cheque to and email and fone numbers, any ideas what i should do, going to try and fone up and get my money back tomoz, but thats highly unlikely if its a scam.
  6. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

Was the adress that he gave you -
    7, Willow Cottages, Station Approach, London, N16 6YB?
    If so, i might just phone the police to make them aware of this, maybe you should do the same.

Ryan
  7. Faisal07

Faisal07

Yeh thats the address mate!

am going to fone them tomoz, But i know it wont do any good, but a bit of a life threat cant hurt, if they dont transfer my money back into my account. Also as from today am going to make sure i do everything in my power to take that company and folk like that down. Really pisses me off when folk do stuff like that to annoy one!
  8. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

Yep there's only one word for people like that - scum.
    Let me know how you get on.

Ryan
  9. Cook1

Cook1

If it's too good to be true it probably isn't true!

Thank you guys, I was minutes away from attempting to buy some tv's to sell on ebay. This Malick person placed a full page colour add in the Scottish Independant Saturday magazine offering lots of popular electrical goods for knock of prices. They where even offering bulk discounts with free next day delivery!? WTF - 5% off between 5 - 9 items and 10% off for 10 items or more.

I wonder and feel sorry for all the people who may have ordered from this scam, you only need to be a little gullible and or not have access to google.
  10. Dman

Dman

Action

Do you know what formal action can be taken?

Cook- at the time I ordered no one had even heard of them and there was nothing on Google. Gullible maybe, but I want these guys held accountable.
  11. Wanch

Wanch

I am reporting to Trading Standards, going to the police tomorrow as I could not get out of work today. Having the bank details is a major bonus to present to the police. I will also point them in the direction of entries on forums, magazines that have listed the scam etc. I will leave a post once I have done this tomorrow.
  12. lushie

lushie

i work for The Business magazine, we did the usual credit checks against the holding company Shadow Robot, however it has become apparent that they aren't a subsiduary.

this is all a scam, the chap doesn't take credit card bookings, only cheque. so those of you who have posted a cheque, i would get your bank to follow it up, and find out where it was cashed, or into which account it was placed and then get the Police involved.
  13. Wanch

Wanch

I have two account numbers for these people, as they provided my friend with a quote, and payment was into a different account to that of what they gave me. I have reported to the police and Trading Standards, and I suggest that you all do the same. They have a cheek advertising in such well respected magazines and papers, but thats all part of the scam to lead you to think that they are genuine. What I fond strange is that all the companies who have posted advertisments credit checked against 'Shadow Robot', but did not think to check all of their details, look them up on google etc?????????????????????????????
  14. Cook1

Cook1

to dman

If you're talking less than a grand you can try the small claims court, also speak to your local citizens advice bureau, you could consider contacting a private debt collector in the area of Michael Mcdavies or Mr Malick whatever - the address I have for him is - 7 willow cottages, station approach, london, n16 6yb and bank details Halifax 11 00 01 02764803.

Good luck folks
  15. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

I feel for anyone here who has lost money. You need to gather your experiences together and go to the police.

What I will say though is that this was a very basic scam. People who did fall for it really need to think 'am I cut out to run my own business' because it is glaringly obvious to anyone with a bit of sense that this was a scam.

Remember the golden rule - If it's too good to be true then it probably is!

If in doubt do your research. If you really wanted to be sure you could have arranged to meet him and expect the stock.

I hope newbies read this thread because it's a very basic scam that most business people will come across in one form or another during their professional life.
  16. SteveF

SteveF

It always amazes me how people can be so gulible and send significant amounts of cash to people they dont know without doing even the smallest checks.
    Surely a chap with a residential address only wouldnt have heaps of Electrical items for sale without having some sort of storage facility , staff backup , proper Merchant banking facilities and a physical address you can go to to check them out and collect the goods?
    Even if you are miles away you could even pay a local cab firm to drive there and check it out . I have done this before and its a good option!!
    There are lots of things I would do before I spend my hard earned....

SteveF
  17. choudharyr

choudharyr

NTM Trading

I really wish i had seen this before, i was a victim of the same scam , picked up the details from the Business magazine , its annoying especially as you would have thought magazines of such repute would check their advertisers, i seem to get no joy on the £140 i have paid to Micheal Mc davies.Spoken to the magazine yesterday and waiting to hear from them.

looking to speak to the police and trading standards ,waiting for a reply from the Business as there should be held responsible as well for putting ads from scammers, checking with my legal department and will update the post once i know more, might be worth going to watchdog media etc where ever possible if i have not had my money back

have listed the legal standings aginst the advert below still need to check further details

All advertising in the UK must comply with regulatory Codes for the industry. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) is an independent body set up by the advertising industry to ensure that all advertising – wherever it appears – complies with the rules laid down in these Codes and that advertising is legal, decent, honest and truthful.
    You can complain to the ASA if:
    • you think there is something wrong with an advertisement you have seen or heard
    • you have difficultly getting goods or a refund for items bought by mail order or through television shopping channels
    • you want to stop direct mail sent by post, fax, text message or email
    have spoken to the Business magazine yesterday waiting to hear from them will post it once i know

rohit
  18. Faisal07

Faisal07

Found this whilest trying to track down the guy....

Might be no help, but we can see he uses ebay aswell:@

Still waiting to hear from a reply from this Mcdavies guy, after i threatened to take him down. Best action now is am going to cotact the magazine to get more info, then halifax and quote his bank details and see what happens from there.

Will keep you guys informed...

Faisal Sattar
  19. Faisal07

Faisal07

mike.beown111

That's his ebay user account.
  20. greedyboy

greedyboy

All those who are blaming the magazine for carrying the advert need to look a little closer to home!

The magazines publish the adverts in good faith. The same way google publish websites in good faith.

Looking to blame the magazines is ridiculous, when you should really be blaming yourself for not doing your research as the £££££ signs clouded your judgement.

There is no such thing as a bargain (especially many tens of pounds under RRP) when it comes to branded electronics, especially ones that are in such high demand. Jeez, I bang on about this day in, day out on here.

You can not rely on anyone but yourself, it is that simple!

Sorry to be so harsh, but these stories are almost a daily occurrence here and I really have lost sympathy with people finding totally unrealistic deals from a blatantly obvious illegitimate sources.

Your money has long gone. McDonalds are recruiting......

(It is really about time branded electronics were banned from polluting this forum. I for one have noticed the topics going down in quality to the point I am not bothering to post)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.