1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

N T M Trading

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by R.Mankelow, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siass

Siass

Most of us had done some basic research to checkout the legitimacy of this company but because this advert was placed in the name of an officially recognised company which is registered with company's house, many of us got duped!
    Your comments arent particularly helpful and people already feel stupid enough...so unless you have something useful to say, i suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself
  2. choudharyr

choudharyr

NTM Trading

I agree the magazine should have some responsibilty of the ads placed , or specify a disclaimer stating that they take no responsibility of the Ads placed or advertisers atleast.

I am waiting for some more legal information/help will advice of the outcome on this forum soon.

rohit
  3. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Forum members kevin1234 and lee1234 have the same IP address.He has been banned for misleading forum members!

Scott

Edit - Admin Note: Their posts have also been removed from public view.
  4. greedyboy

greedyboy

Really? Now that is a surprise :)
  5. amguncrazy

amguncrazy

damn and i thought 1234 at the end of both names was a cunning plan
  6. Buster

Buster

I have been caught in the wonderful world of the scam master Mr Michael McDavies, how convincing can one pathetic individual be. He spoke to my partner several times very nicely and business like. I have contacted the fraud department at the Haifax but not heard anything as yet. The police did not want to know they told me the Bank would contact them. Stay away from this scam you will lose money, you will never receive your goods as there are no goods. My next step is Trading Standards. I just want this weed caught and stopped from scamming other inocent people
  7. MARTINUK

MARTINUK Banned Member

NTM Trading

I have never had dealings with this company so cannot comment on my own experince. I want to look at this from an unbiased perspective. There are no more than 5 people posting momments on here about unfulfilled orders from this company. If they are really as bad as some folks are suggesting, surely this number should be in the hundreds. Afterall they have ads running in nearly all uk publications which must have cost them a fortune, indicating the size of their operation. I wonder whether some of these comments are genuinely written in the interest of customer awareness/safety, or in the interest of protecting competitors profits, as NTM must be disrupting major retailers with their freetrade, untaxed prices. I may be wrong about them, but five complaints is not proof for wrong doing of this huge company who can afford to advertise in more press than most older well established retailers.
  8. greedyboy

greedyboy

You are wrong i am afraid. just a quick look through this thread and you can see the comments are genuine. They even supplied an invalid VAT number!

As for untaxed products, this demonstrates you have no clue about it. There is no such thing as an untaxed product (unless it is ilegal tax avoidance!). All products are taxed at the point of entry and the point of sale.

As for upsetting major retailers, what planet are you from?
  9. nocturnal

nocturnal

Go back to the advertising mediums - the magazines - and ask them if payment cleared for the full paid ads listed.

I actually read the ad in the independent and it had warning signs,

unrealistic prices
    questionable email address and how they described their access to the goods was probably breaking distribution agreements i.e. importing branded electronics from outwith the EEC

If you are in business you know these thngs - if its the first time you have come across them its possibly understandable how you were taken in - welcome to the world of the modern day scammer.

As for taking the guy down you will need to find him first, the account will have been emptied and the cash transferred without trace probably.
  10. terrylondon

terrylondon Banned Member

NTM Trading

I have been following this forum over the past few days wondering wether to buy from NTM. This company appears to have spend thousands of pounds on advertising. They have appeared in Harpers, Independant, Grocer, Auto Express, Food Industry, Runners World, Hotel Trade, Business, BBC Top Gear, among many other publications. This gives confirms they have liquid capital.

Will scammers give real traceable address, landline telephone number, UK verifiable bank account details? They may have given a false VAT number so as not to be traced by Customs for undeclared import/tax duty, reflected in their prices. They may be slightly dodgey with paperwork but their is not enough evidence here confirming they are not in possession of inventory advertised. When you are operating on this scale, you are bound to get the odd disatisfied customer, you cannot please everyone. It could be that I am mistaken but if so please tell me how, i am taking an unprejudice approach towards NTM, I have my own business importing car tyres and I know running your own business is not easy.
  11. greedyboy

greedyboy

It's funny how you know all the publications they have advertised in? Most of the ones you have mentioned are not even discussed in this thread!

If they are having a few problems that is fine, but why not inform you customers?

As the end of the day it is a blatant scam and you and your other friends posting constant false information/appraisals just makes it look even more obvious.

Thanks for a good laugh :)
  12. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

It shows nothing of the sort, they could easily have been given a account terms and never pay their bills to the magazines.

So after all this advertising they do not believe the CUSTOMS AND Excise can trace them simply because they give an incorrect VAT number??

This thread gets more amusing by the day, and an awful lot of newbies posting in defense of this company.

If they are operating on a scale as suggested, where are the numerous testimonials from happy clients? I would have expected several hundred messages of support, not a couple of doubtful posters with no real info.
  13. nick_robinson

nick_robinson Banned Member

Hi all!
    I have also seen their ad in independant magazine, i am really not sure to buy from them or not but i have big retailer business about 10 stalls, i will give them a try, i am planning to buy a small item,
  14. D M

D M

15. greedyboy

greedyboy

The asylum must have let all their patients out on day release today?
  16. greedyboy

greedyboy

17. nigelbristol

nigelbristol Banned Member

NTM Trading

something is wrong here.....accusations are too strong, it don't stick, not enough evidence
  18. nigelbristol

nigelbristol Banned Member

NTM Trading

I wanted to make a purchase from this company but was put off when I came across this forum. I still don't know if I was fortunate to come by this forum or not. The English legal system is based on evidence, there is not a shread of evidence to support some of the wild claims in this forum. I wouldn't be surprised if NTN sued some of the members in this forum for Defamation of character. Such comments could have adverse effects on the long term growth of this company. I have seen it all before, typical of English folks assuming the worst case scenario. If it was my company, I would sue the lot of them. I think there is a lot of jealousy, prejudice in this forum. If NTM are master scammers as some of the people in this forum have made them out to be, then they must have an endless list if victims. I have seen only 5 in this forum who are saying they have unfulfilled orders. So where are they??? Please come forward victims to influence my buying decision??? I have got my eyes on several of this company's items which I could easily shift for a dity profit in my shop. If no more victims come forward by next week, i will test this company with a small order to start with. I can see the potential here, i don't have time to mess around.
  19. greedyboy

greedyboy

Jeez don't you guys ever give up? You have been busted fair and square.

The funny thing is you may not realise your IP ADDRESS is recorded here (and other forums) and no doubt the Police will require this information.

Can you post their LTD Company name, trading address, registered address and contact numbers? I will call them myself and tell them they are a scam and provide my full name and address for legal reasons.

So unless you can prove it is not a scam with concrete evidence you are guilty until you are found guilty in a court of law.

20. greedyboy

greedyboy

You are a fool as well as deluded :)

Keep taking the tablets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.