1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Need help and advice please.

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Hussein Adil, Jan 3, 2017.

  1. Hussein Adil

    Hussein Adil

    Jan 2, 2017
    My name is Hussein, I'm from Iraq, i have made an introduction but it needed admin approval and i didn't see my post in the forum since yesterday.
    I really need your help and advice, I'm a motorcycle mechanic, and I'm about to start my own business to provide motorcycle parts for my local market, my first attempt is tires, and i have contacted the manufacturer and they responded to me and they said the minimum shipping volume is 20ft container and after i confirm the P/I i have to pay 30% T/T and before 7 days of shipping i must pay the rest 70% T/T.
    Can someone explain this to me please? and how can i make sure that this transfer is secure? i mean this will be my first time ever to purchase goods overseas and without seeing the person I'm buying the goods from him and to shake his hand. I just don't feel comfortable. And how about the shipping process? who will arrange this?
    I'm a "definite newbie" to this world of trading, so i really need your help please.
    Any input is really appreciated, and thank you in advance.
  2. Cody


    Feb 17, 2016


    Apr 8, 2014
    Your could revise: 30% T/T in advise, and 70% see BL on board date within 7 working day . and use your own forwarder. or Your could revise :kiss:0% T/T in advise, and 40% see BL on board date, 30% after receive cargo.remenber:use your own forwarder.
  4. ZHiEN


    Nov 21, 2016
    As competition is tough in the tires industry in the last few years, the-20ft-container-shipping-volume is really not a large one.

    And the payment term (after i confirm the P/I i have to pay 30% T/T and before 7 days of shipping i must pay the rest 70% T/T) is becoming very very common.
  5. ylliu6688


    Dec 26, 2011
    1) before money change hands
    • visit your supplier to verify them to secure they really existing and doing tire business (if you can not visit in person, agent can help you do this, 180$ per man day, everything including, and you will get a factory assessment report showing your supplier basic info, building, owner's name, business history....etc.)
    2) How to secure your deal
    • use escrow payment---such as Alibaba trade assurance
    • 30% deposit, 70% against B/L
    • hire Quality control agent to check your shipment and ensure get PASS result
    • container loading witness, take loading process picture, take video of container locking
    • use forwarder which hired by yourself
    • define the foreseeable risk, and define the solution in the purchase contract. this is very important. for example, the goods should be deliver on DDMM2017, if delay caused by supplier, 0.5% punish of total shipment amount will be charged daily at supplier account.
    what do you feel now? more comfortable, right?

    in case you need more detail information, feel free to PM me...

Back to top

Share This Page