1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Never use Parcel Monkey!

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by martin78w, Dec 17, 2014.

1. martin78w

martin78w

This is the poorest customer service I have ever had to deal with. My parcel was collected with 2 day delay and was delivered to the collection address after 13 days. It was supposed to be delivered between 5-6 days. The customer service never replied to my requests and there is no phone number to call them. The parcel track information indicated that it was carded, however it wasn't!. They made a mistake regarding the delivery address. What's more, finally they called the person who was supposed to collect the parcel and asked her if she wanted to come to their office to collect it. The parcel was finally delivered on the 16th December, however in the log, there is still information that it is our for delivery. Ridiculous! Avoid this company!

Here is the record:
    3rd December 2014 @ 00:27Shipment Confirmed - International at 2014-11-30 22:22:24
    3rd December 2014 @ 20:57Shipment Accepted at 2014-12-03 18:47:00
    7th December 2014 @ 18:57Shipment En Route at 2014-12-07 17:14:kiss:7 - Departed Operations facility In Transit
    8th December 2014 @ 13:28Shipment En Route at 2014-12-08 13:50:00 - Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release
    9th December 2014 @ 11:06Shipment En Route at 2014-12-09 09:42:00 - Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release
    9th December 2014 @ 11:06Shipment En Route at 2014-12-09 11:kiss:6:00 - Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release
    10th December 2014 @ 11:40Shipment En Route at 2014-12-10 08:45:00 - Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release
    10th December 2014 @ 20:55Shipment En Route at 2014-12-10 20:kiss:0:00 - Received at Operations Facility
    11th December 2014 @ 12:15Shipment Carded at 2014-12-11 14:03:00
    14th December 2014 @ 13:55Shipment En Route at 2014-12-14 14:55:kiss:0 - Delivery Address Corrected
    14th December 2014 @ 13:55Shipment En Route at 2014-12-14 14:55:kiss:1 - Delivery Scheduled
    14th December 2014 @ 13:55Shipment En Route at 2014-12-14 14:54:54 - Delivery Scheduled
    14th December 2014 @ 13:55Shipment En Route at 2014-12-14 14:54:53 - Delivery Address Corrected
    15th December 2014 @ 08:08Shipment En Route at 2014-12-15 07:50:00 - Out for Delivery
    15th December 2014 @ 08:08Shipment En Route at 2014-12-15 07:50:00 - Out for Delivery
    15th December 2014 @ 17:29Shipment Carded at 2014-12-15 17:kiss:8:00
    15th December 2014 @ 20:kiss:4Shipment Carded at 2014-12-15 19:kiss:0:00
    16th December 2014 @ 08:45Shipment En Route at 2014-12-16 07:42:00 - Out for Delivery
    16th December 2014 @ 08:45Shipment En Route at 2014-12-16 08:21:00 - Out for Delivery
  2. SimonN

SimonN

What courier service was used?
  3. martin78w

martin78w

ASENDIA by la poste & swiss post
  4. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Parcel monkey is a comparison site. So it's the courier that is the one to avoid, not the comparison site.

That's like me saying 'AVOID GO COMPARE!' or 'NEVER USE EXPEDIA'.
  5. Golden Boy

Golden Boy

agreed UKbuyer1, Only issue i would say was them not replying to you. Apart form that the fault is simply with the courier. During the xmas period they double up on business so we have to give them a pass.
  6. SimonN

SimonN

Perhaps it ParcelMonkey's fault for taking on unreliable couriers?
    martin78w likes this.
  7. Golden Boy

Golden Boy

One bad experience can't leave a fair judgement of any courier or business. Maybe you should send with them and if it happends to you then it must be bad hehe
  8. Saab95Aero

Saab95Aero

Don't think they have ANY customer service over the phone, they are either stingy or operate with razor-thin profit margins so can't justify decent customer service. To be fair, take Adobe for instance. I use the Adobe design suite and their CS is awful.
  9. beacon hill

beacon hill

Its the lack of phone number / contact details, which was the reason for me never using parcel monkey.

This is the main reason I use despatchbay / parcelforce
    Not the cheapest. But when you ask a question with regards tracking and the odd
    delayed parcel, you get a quick reply
  10. Henry Page

Henry Page

Parcel Monkey collected from me on 19 October. The parcel was destined for South Africa and it cost me almost £50 to send it as a courier service.

After five days the recipient asked me where the parcel had got to. She was then phoned on the seventh day and asked for her ID number.

The next day PM contacted me to say that the parcel had been lost but that they would m,deal with the claim. Later that day they said the parcel wasn't lost and it could now be tracked on DHL's tracking system. I asked them what the delay was and they said it was because the ID was not included, but their website didn't ask for an ID number when the parcel was booked. PM then told me that the requirement for an ID number was recent but I found evidence that the requirement was actually established three years ago.

It is now ten days since I gave the monkey my parcel. DHL received it on 26 October, so for one whole week the parcel was with another service, which wasn't what I paid for. The parcel still hasn't been delivered and PM refuse to compensate me for late arrival of the item.

Don't use Parcel Monkey, they are untruthful and do use sub-contractors other than the service you think you are getting, and I have the receipt and tracking details to prove it.
  11. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

Companies such as Parcel Monkey and Parcel2Go are excellent for businesses sending parcels in small volumes, or on an ad-hoc basis.

However, if your are sending regular higher volumes and want a single customer service backup for multiple carriers we may be able to help.

Thanks,

Simon
  12. Ali Bungy

Ali Bungy

Never use parcel monkey
    Since 20 December 2017 I have booked a collection and till 2nd Jan 2018 every day they have booked for collection and nobody collect my parcel.
    After this period they told me they have booked 5 times and still nobody come to collect therefore you must booked a new request again.
    you can see all my communication with them as follow:

Hi
    I am not happy with your service.
    Please refund my money as soon as possible and also tell the business owner I will add negative comment about ParcelMonkey
    as even after several booking they waste my time and my clients and still nobody collect the parcel.
    email me the refund now.
    and do not play with people if you can not do a proper business!!!!!!!

YouFriday 29th December 2017 @ 10:02
    This is not enough.
    I have paid for this parcel to be done nearly several days. Now you come back to me and ask to rebook again.
    This is a serious matter and it is safe fore you to pass to your manager to deal with this before it is too late.
    maria from Parcel MonkeyFriday 29th December 2017 @ 09:53
    Hello,

We are truly sorry to hear that your parcel has not been collected by the carrier.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to rebook this anymore since it has been five (5) business days that it has not been collected. We will now have to cancel the shipment so you can book a new order.

Kindly confirm how you wish to proceed with this matter.

Kind regards,
    Maria C.
    YouFriday 29th December 2017 @ 09:46

I have informed you for the last several days always and nothing happen!!!!!
    it is better for your business to find out the problem and do something about it before it is too late.
    Ellen from Parcel MonkeyFriday 29th December 2017 @ 09:kiss:7

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear this.

In the event the courier didn't show up, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Ellen.J
    YouFriday 29th December 2017 @ 09:28
    yesterday again nobody come to collect the parcel.
    this is several times you arranged collection and wasting our time and nobody come to collect the parcel.
    imagine if I put all communication I had so far to social media and complain about your service how badly affect your business. It is better to talk to your manager or someone in high authorities to find the problem and fix it before it is too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maria from Parcel MonkeyWednesday 27th December 2017 @ 14:17
    Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that your parcel was not collected by the couriers.

I have now re-booked a new collection date for the 28th of December and please let us know if you will not receive your label within 30 minutes.

Apologies for any inconvenience the courier's error may have caused you.

Kind regards,
    Maria M

YouWednesday 27th December 2017 @ 13:10
    Hi
    Even today after several days promising to collect my parcel, nobody come to collect this.
    Could you please talk to your manager and find out what is this shitti service you have and chase what happen!!!!!!!!

chelsie from Parcel MonkeyFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 16:08
    Hello,

I can only apologise on their behalf, the one thing I will say is that although this does happen from time to time (with all couriers) all of the courier services that we recommend usually have between a 98%-99% success rate across the board.

To try and rectify this as quickly as possible I have contacted the couriers directly and requested an immediate investigation into the shipment, as soon as I have more information on this I will contact you immediately.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsie.E
    YouFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 16:03

This is not good enough.
    you must explain why this happen and whose fault was that.
    refund or apologize is not solving this keias and mess

chelsie from Parcel MonkeyFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 15:58
    Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If this parcel won't get collected, please get back to us so we can either rebook on 27th December or cancel so we can process a refund for you.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsie.E
    YouFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 15:kiss:8

Can you do something about this ****!!!!!
    otherwise I will report on social media your mismanagement and showing all correspondent I had so far about it.
    I am sure your company does not like this to happen.
    call or email me and solve this problem ASAP.
    either find another company to collect the parcel or ask the Trackpak or Yodel to do their job soon.

chelsie from Parcel MonkeyFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 14:43
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we only offer email/chat services at the moment as we do not have a call centre yet.

And also we cannot give you the contact details of the courier if you contact them directly, they may just re-direct you over to us because the order was placed via our quote engine.

Again our apology,

Kind Regards,
    Chelsie.E

YouFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 14:08
    Hi
    I am sorry to hear this.
    This is not acceptable at all that since three days ago although I have booked this and paid for now you talking about refund rather than find out who does not the job properly to punish them and compensate accordingly.
    we have lost already three days and now you are talking about 27th December it means more and more delay.
    please either call me on 07760160278 or give a direct telephone number for the company they supposed to collect the parcel.

chelsie from Parcel MonkeyFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 13:52
    Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that your parcel was not collected by the couriers. We take the booking and hand the details to the carrier who then instruct the driver to come and collect the parcel(s)

Kindly confirm if you still want this to reschedule on 27th December, or we can cancel it and process a refund for you.

We'll await your response.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsie.E
    YouFriday 22nd December 2017 @ 13:10

Hi
    After three days
    still nobody colloect the parcel.
    could you please call them and find out what happen!!!!!!!
    chelsie from Parcel MonkeyThursday 21st December 2017 @ 14:02
    Hello,

I hereby acknowledge the receipt of your message and forward your concern to the involved courier.

We'll check and revert to you as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
    Chelsie.E
    Ellen from Parcel MonkeyThursday 21st December 2017 @ 14:02
    Hello,

We are still waiting for an update from the courier.
    As soon as we have a response from them, we will let you know right away.

Should you have any concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Ellen.J
    YouThursday 21st December 2017 @ 13:16
    Hi
    Have you investigate why they did not pick up yesterday?
    maria from Parcel MonkeyThursday 21st December 2017 @ 12:40
    Hello,

Apologies but we can no longer reschedule this parcel for collection today as it did not rich the cut off time.

Kind regards,
    Maria S.
    YouThursday 21st December 2017 @ 11:41
    Why is for tomorrow!!!
    I have booked this two days ago and we are already lost the time as it supposed to pick it up yesterday.
    please make sure you do your best to collect it today.

maria from Parcel MonkeyThursday 21st December 2017 @ 10:57
    Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I now have re-scheduled the collection tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Maria S.
    YouThursday 21st December 2017 @ 10:00
    Hi
    This would waste my time if they promise to collect the parcel and they do not do that.
    Please chase this urgently as parcel need to be clients ASAP.
    This time I am not happy with service and you need to do something about it.

Carla from Parcel MonkeyThursday 21st December 2017 @ 06:25
    Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that your parcel was not collected by the courier you chose via our quote engine.

I will now contact the courier to investigate and schedule another collection for as soon as possible, once I have this information I will update you directly via this messaging tool, so please keep an eye on your account for further details.

Apologies for any inconvenience the couriers error may have caused you.

Kind regards,
    Carla.I
    YouWednesday 20th December 2017 @ 21:24
    Please update me why nobody picked up my booking parcel
    Parcel Monkey System from Parcel MonkeyWednesday 20th December 2017 @ 21:21

Hello,

The Parcel Monkey Customer Support Department is currently closed.
    Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, between 8am and 9pm (GMT)

Your message has been logged and will be answered as soon as the department is open again.

Kind regards
    Parcel Monkey

Helpful Information:
    Parcel Monkey is essentially a price comparison site with direct connections to courier companies getting you cheaper prices than if you went to the couriers directly!
    (We usually have the best prices in the UK!)

Deliveries...
    We would like to point out that Parcel Monkey is not a courier company, and we are not in control of the couriers actions, only the placing of orders. That said please note that if there is ever an issue we are here to support you all the way.

Phone Lines...
    We are an online business and to enable us to offer some of the cheapest prices in the UK we do not have any telephone numbers.

Also if a courier company (DHL, DX, Parcelforce etc) should make a mistake, then we will initiate and run an investigation with the couriers administrators; this can take time and we have found from experience that communication via phone is impractical, therefore all support is run via email through this Support Ticket CRM system.

Mistakes can happen but...
    Our core role is to get the best prices possible and offer only courier services that we know, trust, and have the highest successful completion rates - it’s worth noting we have changed courier services because of this in the past - we currently have an overarching 98% success rate which is something we are very proud of.
    YouWednesday 20th December 2017 @ 21:21
    Hi
    I have booked the following pickup
    PM5995193
    But nobody collect the parcel.
    Please check and update me the problems.

Kind regards

Ali Bungy