New Official Licensed Mens & Womens T-Shirts Rock Band/TV Series/Movie Merchandise

Discussion in 'Designer Clothing & Unbranded Apparel' started by truereddevil, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayjrc

jayjrc

Re: New Official Licensed Mens & Womens T-Shirts Rock Band/TV Series/Movie Merchandis

i do want to buy some, lol but you have stated your mix wasnt good, so if i purchase i will try my chances with a diffrent mix lol

car boot sales will shift them and there will be no competition, ebay is rife with competition, if you wanna sell you gotta put in the work, who knows you might enjoy yourself on a nice sunny day!
  2. chris89

chris89 Banned Member

Re: New Official Licensed Mens & Womens T-Shirts Rock Band/TV Series/Movie Merchandis

I have no doubt they will sell at a car boot, the point is I haven't got enough time to be able to sort out stuff like that.
  3. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

Ricky i'd just ignore this comment... The guy wants to make money but never has the time, why he is even on this forum is beyond me?

Chris, why are you subscribing to services if you don't have time to work with them & why are you buying products if you don't have the time to market / sell them with a profitable method?

If your looking to make quick cash then ask greedyboy for a teaboy application form. Not exactly sure what you are looking for on this forum, but you seem to have an issue with everything on here.
  4. chris89

chris89 Banned Member

Nah not really, I just have problems selling your stock and these t-shirts, I can and have sold other stuff, I would appreciate it if you would stop replying after every single one of my posts in every thread putting me down.
  5. truereddevil

truereddevil

Chris i am not trying to put you down i have in fact been trying to help you like other members on this forum has but it's the way you come across to people on the forum that are getting peoples backs up for example if you read through comments on threads you have commented in like gamejelly,inferno house and also this thread it is not the right way to go about things, you have to put in alot of hard work to get things moving, they will not happen straight away like 3 nights ago i put up 1 listing i worked on it for a good 4 hours and made sure it was perfect to the way i market my products and it has paid off 3 days later that 1 listing is really moving for me now and if you want to be successful this is how you gotta look at things
  6. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Send them to me and I'll sell them at bootie for you - cut in the profit of cause ;)
  7. chris89

chris89 Banned Member

How about you buy them off me and you have all the profit?
  8. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

I'm selling other lines at the moment so not interested in buying them off you but happy to help out - serious offer if you want it :)
  9. chris89

chris89 Banned Member

What percentage of the profit would you want? and how much are you looking to sell these at?

Just need to work out if it woud be worth it for the postage :)
  10. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

You would need to tell me what you wanted to sell them at - the starting price and what the lowest you wanted to go!
  11. truereddevil

truereddevil

Thanks for your contribution nicky another member offering to help you out chris, Nicky is the carboot queen by the way theres nothing she can't shift :D
  12. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Cheers Rick :) I can definitely shift it - got rid of a whole shed in a night :eek:

Btw - have just found out they left the DVDs I got from you - at least I will make a nice bit of profit there!
  13. julh

julh

This seems a bit harsh. I don't know what this guy's said in other topics but I have also found the shirts very difficult to sell on eBay. It doesn't seem unreasonable not to want to spend your Sundays driving to the middle of nowhere to try to flog a few shirts... not forgetting the charge you have to pay for a pitch (at least round here anyway). Plus, as Ricky wouldn't give a list of the shirts before purchase it would be impossible to devise a profitable method of marketing/selling them until they're on the doorstep... at that point I - and obviously Chris too - discovered there wasn't one on eBay.

It's not the mix that it is bad, it's the fact the designs (or those that I received at least) are available in droves on eBay at very low prices. If by "put in the work" you're referring to eBay and you mean to sell at a loss until you build up a good rep and your search results are placed higher then I can't see how many people are going to want to do it. On their own the designs are excellent and if you didn't have to deal with the competition (as with a car boot sale) you'd easily make a very healthy profit.

I personally don't regret buying these shirts. I'm new to this whole thing but see it kind of like gambling - take a risk, don't spend what you can't afford and you might make some money. I took a risk and lost money but that's OK. Overall my advice would be to buy as many of these shirts as possible if you can be bothered to sell at a car boot because you'll make a lot of money... if you can't then don't!

Don't know if this is allowed (if not I'll edit my post), but I have 18 shirts to sell (kept two for myself, that's how good quality they are :D) - if anyone wants them I'll sell them for £65 inc. P&P.
  14. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Car boots are great - give it a whirl !!
  15. nightdude

nightdude

I bought off truereddevil & it was fantastic service, fast post & more importantly, the merchandise was excellent
  16. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

Julh i think you need to look at the bigger picture. Chris doesn't want to do carboots - fair play, Chris doesn't want to set up an eBay shop - fair play, Chris doesn't want to look at a plan on how to make money full stop.

Without trying to sound "harsh", money cannot simply be pulled out of a hat unless your given the silver platter from people around you, or you win the lotto. Money has to be earned in most cases, and with all due respect - this is what Chris simply isn't willing to look into properly.

When you see various comments from the same person "i have listed for 48 hours, not 1 sale"... "has anyone had any luck" (5 minutes later), you start to give the helping hand - but before you know it, the guy turns round and says "i don't have time for that". So tell me - what was the point in trying in the first place?

I won't whittle on, but what i will say is i started off on this forum in a similar position - but soon learned that i had to listen to others and be a bit more patient before things started working for me.
  17. truereddevil

truereddevil

Jullh fair comment on some of the stuff you say, i am looking at other ways to improve this service for my customers here on TWF as i do not like unhappy customers, i started with this mix of shirts because it is a cheaper option for newbies to start out and theres that little bit more margin to make profit for yourself,
    Rather than the £7 - £8 shirts that you can still buy from me if you want to and you can pick what you want from me that way and i can send you lists so if that is something you are maybe interested in then pm me with your email and i can send you lists no problem.
    It's not a case of that i wouldn't send you a list when i buy these shirts in myself even i don't get a list, but i buy in the 500s to 1000+ and the more you buy the better mix you will get, i am sure if you went for a 100 mix with me on the tees then you would not be dissapointed in what you would receive.
    If you buy in some of the bigger mixes i get quite a few foreign bands for example german bands,italian bands and other countries and i am giving away one of my secrets here i find out where that band comes from and sell on that country's ebay, i make more on the shirt than i would on uk ebay and also make a little off the postage too.
    It's a big wide world out there just do not concentrate on the uk, i am new in this business only been in it 6 months and when i 1st started selling these i struggled, but i kept at it changed things did things different to other sellers and that way i got my foot in the market, feedback was getting better by the day and now i am happy with the way my business is going, yes theres competition there always will be i am up against at least 15 big powersellers on ebay and i ain't even a powerseller yet but soon will be

(comment underneath made by jullh)

Overall my advice would be to buy as many of these shirts as possible if you can be bothered to sell at a car boot because you'll make a lot of money... if you can't then don't!

The above comment i would have to strongly disagree with as i only do the carboot once a week yes i make good profit but nowhere near as much profit as i make from ebay, if i believed in the above comment i would do markets and carboots daily, there is alot of money to be made on ebay off these shirts it's just knowing how to market them properly and also look at other platforms and think outside the box

Like at the start of this reply i am looking at ways to improve, i am seriously looking into the dropshipping side of this when i open my website but isn't going to be anytime quite soon.
    Would like to hear peoples views on the dropshipping or any other ideas!!! :)
  18. EthicStar Ltd

EthicStar Ltd

do you have proof they are official?
  19. truereddevil

truereddevil

Of course i have proof :)

Do you honestly think i would even risk selling these on ebay and risk being sued for alot of money, I buy these t-shirts from one of the biggest european licencing companies in the world in the t-shirt industry, I buy from the exact same supplier that the likes of HMV & Play.com deal with, If it's proof your wanting i can provide.
  20. EthicStar Ltd

EthicStar Ltd

so which company is that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.