1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

New York trade shows NY Now and NY Women’s. Which is better?

Discussion in 'Trade Shows, Fairs & Exhibitions' started by Irina Bragin, May 22, 2020.

1. Irina Bragin

Irina Bragin

Does anyone have any information about New York fashion shows?

Because we do bags, both of the shows are suitable for us - gift show New York Now, and fashion show New York Accessories. I really need to choose as this year because of the obvious events, these shows are not at the same time - NYA in September and NY Now in October.

Also is there any info about Travelgoods Show in Vegas next year?

Thank you.
  2. Erik

Erik

Hi!

This poses to be a tricky one. I believe everyone is aware of the crisis that is in New York, and all businesses, including trade shows, are keeping watch.

If you are participating to such trade shows this year, have you considered whether it will be worth it? A good number of prospected visitors for this event will likely be cautious about physical distancing and might not attend at all - even if such trade shows are moved later this year.

Nevertheless, if you still would like to push for participating on a trade show in NY this year, I believe you would have a good chance in Coterie (from NY Women's). Coterie seems to be more leaning in fashion where in NY Now focuses more on variety of products.
    https://www.coteriefashionevents.com/en/home.html

As for shows in Vegas next year, there's the Travel Goods Showcase event happening on the 28th Feb to 2nd of March, 2021:
    https://www.thetravelgoodsshow.org/

All the best!
    Irina Bragin likes this.
  3. Irina Bragin

Irina Bragin

Thank you, Erik! Thank you very much. You actually gave me an idea.

I will obviously exhibit in Vegas in February (have paid already and will move all my flights that were booked for August towards there). I know that the exhibition is not the best, but it is relatively cheap. So, why not use the opportunity?

But New York... I am really confused. Coterie and others are going to go ahead in September, but I am really not sure they will... Anything can happen. They do not know even by themselves. I will take your advice and postpone my participation for now.
    I had an idea to pop up in September for a couple of days just to see how they are doing. What do you think?
  4. Erik

Erik

Does that mean just visiting? I say, it won't hurt. If they do launch September, go ahead and visit. Still would be a good idea and possibly you could still network by then, also a chance to take a look whether people would still attend despite the pandemic.

One way or the other, one of these organisers will definitely make a start on Trade Shows this year, just a matter of who will actually make that jump start. Just expect low attendance this year though, so it could be a bummer for exhibitors. But who knows? Still worth a visit especially if they make all preparations for the Trade Show (like distancing guidelines and all).

A problem with these Trade Shows are that exhibitors are not limited to local ones, and likely there are international brands and suppliers too. Each one of these exhibitors have their own concerns regarding the pandemic, so it's tricky for the organiser to assure everyone that the Trade Show is safe. We of course would not just want you to spend money becoming an exhibitor when there is a high probability that only a few visitors will come. Save your money and cancel exhibiting this year, perhaps next year when there is already a clearer view of the pandemic and organisers have better guidelines. For now, just go around and visit - still be a good chance to hand out business cards ;)
    Irina Bragin likes this.
  5. Irina Bragin

Irina Bragin

Super! Exactly my ideas. :)

Booked flights for 21-25 September to visit all those shows together - PROJECT New York, CHILDREN’S CLUB show, NY WOMEN'S, COTERIE, MODA, and FAME.
    I have exhibited previously in Paris, London, and Tokyo; so, hopefully, I will recognize if the exhibition is good, despite temporary difficulties.

Thank you for your help!
  6. Kanishk

Kanishk

Dear Friends,

Dear Lauren

How are u my friend?I am from Jaipur (india).I am handmade Manufacturer in Jaipur and I also make home and decoration stuff If you are willing to buy in wholesale from me or want to make samples of your choice I am always present in your service I am just a message away from you..

Handblock fabric

Kantha quilt

Vintage gudaris

Pashmina Shawls

If you want photos or anything try to contact me.

My whats app = +91-9660480648

Kanishk