1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Newbies Guide - Where to sell

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by Alan, Dec 4, 2009.

1. DOLCE VITA

DOLCE VITA

I am a 'newby', so excited to be here. a one-stop shop full of information. thank you, all this is invaluable.
  2. jamesmichael

jamesmichael

nice post good read..thanks
  3. baglady

baglady

Thanks Alan, nice to see pros and cons listed on here. Now some of the brain waves i have been having are making more sense . Cheers!
  4. stone81

stone81

again this is great reading for someone starting out thanks Alan
  5. andrewsmartha

andrewsmartha

Thank you for the post! it is really helpful for anyone, not only for a beginner.
  6. Sorrell

Sorrell

Thankyou, yes it is big thumbs up from me!!! that was great advice and it definitely did help :)
  7. razorwakzre

razorwakzre

hi alan
    I want to sell the gadget but I do not understand how to make tret because there is the inscription:

razorwakzre, you do not have permission to access this page. Could this be due to one of installments Reasons:

Your user account May not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you Trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or Some other privileged system?
    If you are Trying to post, the administrator of May have disabled your account, or it May be Awaiting activation.
    Log Out ​​Home
  8. m0dsale

m0dsale

good post, thanks.
  9. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi razorwkzre,

In order to offer your products and services, you need to have advertising membership:
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/advertise/

Thank you,

Lace
  10. edriso

edriso

nice post
    thanks mate
  11. mindlesswizard

mindlesswizard

Hummmm .... interesting post :)
  12. Asianaaaa

Asianaaaa

13. kratos135

kratos135

Informative post. Thanks Alan :)
  14. Allan_UK

Allan_UK

As you have pointed out Ebay, is also saturated with new sellers and has charges that may be prohibitive for the seller of low cost items. So perhaps not the ideal for many start ups.

Yes TWF is an excellent choice if you are offering goods or services of any kind to wholesalers or can offer wholesale items or one off job lots yourself. For start ups it offers first class advice (like yours) and the site in general can give the new business a wealth of information that could match any business college theory for those who use the site for that purpose. So there is invaluable assistance to beginners and more a generally reliable buying source for non wholesalers than a direct selling forum for those who intend to sell retail rather than wholesale. .

There is plenty of advice and services here to help the new business create their own website and also tips on how to drive traffic onto it such as freed ads and search engine optimisation. So this would be my first choice for the new online business rather than ebay although it may be useful to list an item there primarily to get a link back to your website.

I also think that a market stall may have more felixibility than the car booting where people are expecting rocket bottom prices with very little margins for the turnover of stock.

Finally the one area most commonly overlooked is door-to-door selling which can offer almost instant sales and the only start up costs could be your stock and shoe leather.

From the travelling pedlars of ancient lore to the Avon Lady of today, the "Knock" market is old as the hills and open to all. It is often a good foundation in dealing with customers directly and the quickest in terms of turnover of stock even for the novice.
  15. M4RKYBOB

M4RKYBOB

thanks pal me and my friend have just started and i think we'll be selling on ebay at the moment we're thinking ipod touch cases
    anyway great post thanks alot
  16. bainzy

bainzy

A great observation Justcraig and with the rise of social networking social shopping can not be ruled out.

As a new type of selling platform similar to Amazon & Ebay but a lot more social and innovative we are actively seeking new and small businesses to grow with us.

For a new business our platform is perfect, obviously you will want to create as much business from as many places as possible as quickly as possible so unlike more established businesses do not be afraid to try out new technologies, styles or concepts.

We have a fantastic consumer base but lack variety of products, feed your products into us and let them be devoured by our consumers...

If you are new, and ready to walk into the future with us we will guide you every step of the way, offering you as pioneers unrivalled start-up opportunities, saving you money on listings and selling fees so that you can use it for more important things like purchasing and growing your business.

Our door is open....Walk through it !

Regards

Bainzy
  17. Debaser

Debaser

Nice post there, thank you very much.
  18. Loon

Loon

Thankyou
  19. Azz-kiker

Azz-kiker

Good ideas. boot sales are also a good way to get some more stock. ones persons cast offs are another treasure.
  20. frank butcher

frank butcher