1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Niche Product HELP

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by M_I_K_E-19, Sep 10, 2017.

1. M_I_K_E-19

M_I_K_E-19

So I have listed a very niche product on eBay, but I am worried people are not finding the item, as I am the only person on eBay selling it, so I don't think people will be typing this item in the search, anyone have any ideas how to attract buyers or get people to see the product. Thanks
  2. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

it depends how niche you mean, but if its a niche marketplace some of your keywords should still pop up. I've sold loads of niche things that were brand new to market and always had problems with people finding them. It's one of those things that might not be picked up quickly and could take months. Alternatively you could do a number of listings for the same product but just change keywords in all of them to cover all bases.
  3. Dean

Dean

Perhaps the reason no one else is selling it is because they tried in the past but it didn't sell !
  4. Cody

Cody

Very difficult one this.

There are many reasons as to why you may not be selling, as Dean states, it could be because it didn't sell in the past, it could be seasonal, it could be down to your keywords used in the listings.

One of the best things to do would to be looking at the seasons, and you can do this by heading over to Google Trends. Once there, type in the product name, over a course of said years, and this'll give you an idea of the best selling season for that product. You can also find out if the product is being searched for much less than previously.

With this data, search where else the product is being sold, what other marketplaces, what keywords are being used, what websites are selling the product, and try to find a way to combine different and highly searched for keywords in your product listings.

What is the product used for? What can it achieve for the consumer? These are things you should also be focusing on. You can also focus on using social media to look for keywords of people searching for your product, or mentioning the product online, therefore directing them to your eBay page.

Do you have a website, or networking forums, or other Facebook eBay selling groups you can promote your product listing page on?
  5. Pembroke

Pembroke

You could find the online presence of the niche users, so Facebook, Websites, Forum's that they might frequent and use common keywords from those sites to form your keyword title on your ebay listing. Remember your listing title doesn't have to make sense you can stuff it with all the keywords you can find and you can't waste words by putting in crap like 'wow' 'look' 'new' 'and' 'the' even commas and full stops etc. If you join any of the forums with a view to advertising the product there then look very carefully at the T&C's before you do to find out what you can and can't do and make any posts informative rather than just a sales pitch.

Does the item go with anything? So that you could make a unique bundle product with your unique product and a more common item? that might work as the buyers of the common item then see the new item and want one too.

Depending on the type of item don't forget Amazon, Etsy and notonthehighstreet as potential sales outlets as well.

If you're the sole importer of the item try wholesaling it as well as selling to end users. That way it might get better known without you having to do all the sales pitches. Just make it worth your buyers while to bulk buy from you.
  6. Smode West

Smode West

If it's that niche will people be out there buying it? If it's got a following of any size and price is right it should sell I would have thought but how quickly will definitely depend on the demand.

I have an interesting example ... there are 23 Renault Fuego cars left driving in the UK across all models (plus some SORN)
    eBay has 28,800 parts for them ... including over 1,700 sets of wheels or wheel trim covers.
    If you are a seller (of many sellers) with the 1,640 sets of brake pads you might have a wait for sale.

Have you tried targeted social media? It's free and you can really target you consumers.