1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

On business relationships

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Volantary, Jun 11, 2013.

1. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

If that argument is used - then it works both ways.

We 'The guests' have had SS shoved all over us - not the way to treat guests. Very rude and impolite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

Let's try and keep this at an adult level and make it hopefully useful or it will be lost in all the other discussions around this subject.......
    Dave and Gary like this.
  3. Dave

Dave

I thought you had left the forum?
  4. toysandgifts

Just face it, nothing is going to change.

TWF's whole aim was to link buyers and suppliers. SS merger has destroyed it.

The only way forward is to restore the market place to how it was before.

Regarding the advertising fees, I disagree with most and think It was about time they were raised. Monthly payments perhaps for those who can't up the cash upfront.
  5. toysandgifts

Didn't you read my most in the now deleted thread?!
  6. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

just typed up a reply and pressed the delete button...can't be bothered typing it all up again lol!
  7. Import Expert

Import Expert

SS merger has not destroyed it - it simply has some issues which we are trying to address here as part of the community.
    It will not be restored to the way it was before - Let's move on and upwards.

If you have anything useful to say then this is an open forum. If you don't then I'd rather personally not hear it.
  8. toysandgifts

If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

The reason why the traffic has dropped is due to the merger. That is where the problem lies. So lets not kid ourselves.

On way forward would be displaying SS vendor names and leaving threads open.

Vendor this, vendor that, who wants to do business with masked faced individuals?
  9. Pete

Pete

Gary, your simile of the friend round the house is at first reading compelling. But this is not a house, it is a place people come to do business and running off these folks, while it may play to the sensibilities of those holding the banning button, lower the value for the members and paid advertisers, who being asked to pay more for a venue with decreasing traffic (and camaraderie).

Not to mention a heightened feeling of walking on tiptoes.

Is the guest a great entertainer and life of the party who draws others but happens to drop his cigar butts in the drinks glasses? Or is he someone who you've known since school days and invite out of habit who has begun kicking your dog or cat?

Maybe rather than the mysterious private warnings there should be public rebukes?
  10. Dan

Dan

Or.. If everyone is that serious. All put in a few quid each and buy a stake in the business if Anthony will let ya. Then you can have a real say on what goes on
    toysandgifts likes this.
  11. toysandgifts

I'd change the forum colours to green.
  12. Pete

Pete

But Darren, it's so easy for someone not paying the fees to think they should be raised. :)

Tax my neighbor, but don't tax me.

It's hard to imagine someone who is not an advertiser and has no stakes in it suggesting higher fees. Well, considering the source, maybe not.
    Dave and Import Expert like this.
  13. Import Expert

Import Expert

Which is exactly what has been said on this thread already and is being discussed.

Refer to my previous post about having an adult discussion....
    Dave likes this.
  14. toysandgifts

It was what? £60? for six months?

For a forum this size, and for the amount of visitors - that was very very low.
  15. Pete

Pete

But as is now becoming more and more apparent, it is also the advertisers / marketplace who lure the others, build the traffic and open the opportunities for SS and everyone else.

For all the Richard / Nigel brouhaha, it is the decline of the advertisers and marketplace that have taken us to where we are now.

BTW, I think VAT in the UK should go to 25%, seeing as I don't have to pay it.
  16. ebafy

ebafy

Agreed, the price for the annual sub was very low, however what incentives are there in place for renewal this term when the marketplace is slowly declining. I throw this out generally...
    toysandgifts likes this.
  17. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I think during the later part of this forum before ths SS merger it was 1 year advertising membership and no less. 6 months and yearly subscriptions were going for a fair few years and if I remember rightly I actually had a 3 month subscription to start as far back as 2009, but was an incentive for people to see if the forum worked for them and I recall many taking this level. You have to remember that some things are much more in demand on here than other items. Someone selling arts and crafts say, might not have the profit margin on items and also customer base as someone selling latest Fashion Clothing or Mobile Phones.Others might not have much stock and are just offloading stokc at a loss or to breakeven. Yes stockshifters might appeal, but if it's low value items someone isn't going to contemplate paying the current membership to sell on stockshifters...ebay wholesale might be the best option!

The forum back when i remember it (and I havn't been on as long as many others) appealed to all because it offered various subscriptions and many did take up the 3 months and 6 month membership. Not everyone wants to actually sell stock but use the PM contacts. I certainly made use of it last year for an upcoming clothing label when I saw some posts for people looking for a certain type of clothing. I had no intention of ever selling my brand or mentioning anything in the actual market place simply because it's not the right place for me, and even more so on stockshifters. The fact that it's called stockshifters is for a reason, and don't think it works for those selling new regular lines of stock or that say, owns a brand and wants to start selling their garments wholesale to a wider customer base, whereas the former way the wholesale forums worked would have benefited others more so.

The way stockshifters works and the way the current forum operated are miles apart for some business which is why some have menioned that stockshifters does not work for them.
    toysandgifts likes this.
  18. Gary

Gary

This is what I have already said too Pete, there's far to many variables to have a black or white answer, just what the owner believes to be best, which may or may not always be, but it's still their decision.

and yes, your correct (obviously) that this is a business and not a house, but the same applies when it comes to the crunch, as also with a business it's the owners / managers discretion in action that may or not be taken, and down to everyone else to respect, or at least accept it.
  19. Pete

Pete

Well, it's not like I'll take my marbles and go home.

As the police say when there is a murder: "Who benefits?"

I don't see anyone truly benefiting by some of the more recent occurrences.
  20. Gary

Gary

I agree to a degree with many things that I have seen mentioned recently, and have made several suggestions privately addressing not only some of the issues raised in this thread but others too, some they listen to, others they don't / won't, but as has been mentioned by others, it's still worth mentioning them as feedback can be very important to any business, even if only to help find a more neutral ground, just sometimes, this feedback / complaints are gone about in the wrong way, but to have a thread outlining opinions and reasons in an adult manner is another thing (as most do), this is obviously why there's a feedback section, which this thread should really be in thinking about it, more so with how it's progressing.

Thread moved to feedback section