1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Ordering a low volume quantity from overseas

Discussion in 'General Wholesale' started by sellsimplestuff, Dec 2, 2016.

1. sellsimplestuff

sellsimplestuff

I have a small product that I want to produce low units of in metal (stainless steel) ideally 20-50 units.

The item is small and is made up of 11 assembly parts that I can clench in my hand. I want to sell the item for around £25-£30.

I had a 3d print of two ‘similar models’ of the product done for £58 in nylon.

I can get a stainless steel prototype of one model done for £96 from the USA which is the cheapest I could find.

I have only just started a part time job and I have low funds on a credit card around £700.

I know that producing an amount of say 10 to 20 and selling them to start with is unfeasible, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the lowest MOQ I should expect to order and how much I would need to pay.

Kind Regards

Sell simple stuff
    ZHiEN likes this.
  2. KW452190

KW452190

Which product you are referring to? MOQ can vary anything between 20-40 products but price is the critical factor here. My suggestion would be £40-£50.
  3. jewelry4sell

jewelry4sell

What kinds of parts? If it is jewelry parts, I think some alloy jewelry factory can help you.
    It it easy to do for them.
  4. ZHiEN

ZHiEN

The item is small and is made up of 11 assembly parts, here are the questions really matter:
    - There is MOQ for raw material (stainless steel bar/rod? pipe?) as required by supplier.
    For small quantity, if the manufacturer has stock material, then 10pcs - 20pcs is not a question, only the price matters, it can be accepted as sample order. If no stock, then 200kg - 500kg is the MOQ
    - Fabrication cost, and what's your requirements on the precision?
    - Assembly cost
    - Surface handling cost
    - Packaging cost
    - Courier cost
    - Others

If you can drop the prints of your item, I might help more.
  5. KW452190

KW452190

I totally agree with @ZHiEN. Price is the biggest factor here considering all the costs stated above by ZHiEN.