1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Outer Box Packaging, Ideas?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Adamwells, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Adamwells

Adamwells

I am wanting to sell boxes to the public which have products inside however not wanting to just stick a label on the box itself. Is it best to have an outer box around the original box for protection? or just a postage bag will do?
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

I always use an outer box.

Gives the product better protection, as you say with an extra box . Critical for my products
    But guess that depend on what you sell

For lower value small items mailing bags are fine

With all my larger items I use an outer box for the following reason.
    On a few times I have ruined my daughters Christmas (for example) as they could see
    what was inside the box before opening.
  3. Adamwells

Adamwells

Well the items will be valued at around £30-£40, the total contents of the box. If you want to say, which packaging company do you use?
  4. beacon hill

beacon hill

I never pay for cardboard boxes. That`s one advantage of having a retail outlet in the same
    building as a tourism information centre. They always have boxes to give away any time you ask.

Other boxes are recycled from my deliveries. If the box shows the product contents on the outside,
    I turn it inside out and put it back together again
    sukkilee likes this.
  5. Gary

Gary

It depends on what the package is, if it's delicate then an outer box definitely, but if not a mailing bag is fine.

Depending on the quantity eBay can be cheaper for boxes, I've bought a fair few off there. I cannot remember the seller off hand but not bought any for a while (I'm pretty well stocked for boxes and now mainly use bags).