1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Own product descriptions or manufactures?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Adamwells, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Adamwells

Adamwells

Hi!

Do you create your own unique descriptions of products or use pre worded descriptions?
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

I know it's a lot of work and can be hard to come up with your own description but if you're just gonna copy the manufactureres description as a zillion other websites, don't expect to pop up on the first page of Google.
    Cody likes this.
  3. Online Seller UK

Online Seller UK

It is always good to take manufacturer reference but create your own. It is much more benefits apart from ranking etc.
  4. plusmarketing

plusmarketing

I use the manufacturers as a starting point and then try to change it slightly to suit my customers.
  5. Adamwells

Adamwells

Hopefully me putting a funny twist on the descriptions, will make them stand out from other websites. Its taken me ages to re-adjust every product description but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
  6. themrgarycole

themrgarycole

It depends. I buy some of my items from China and not all of the description are in English or in understandable English. I do use mine if that's the case.
  7. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

I definitely use my own. Besides the product, I focus on the buying persona. Who's my target customers? What's my target market? What's the typical buyer behavior? I answer these questions and more when I create a buying persona. And I relate my own product descriptions to the buying persona that I have created.
  8. lpbusiness

lpbusiness

It's basically like writing an essay at school or university. You should use your source as a starting point and put it into your own words.
  9. netpoint.systems

netpoint.systems

Own descriptions is a must if you think about rank your e-store in Google, otherwise Google will takes your product subpages as a duplicate content, this is very important to write own descriptions on each product and optimize them for targetted keyhprases, this is also important in case of pictures they should have a alt tags filled out with the phrases/keywords you targetting to .
  10. sharon jones

sharon jones

Always create your own product description for each product, but put few major description of the products from the manufacturer's descriptions as well, which is just the technical terms and blend it in such a way that your product description is unique.