1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

PayPal Advice

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by more4less, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Pete

Pete

Amen. Your quick sale is their possible chargeback. And if you wipe your bank account and close it, they are stuck making YOUR refund. The term is CYA, and they do a fair job of it. Personally, I'd like to have what they refund for others in a year.
  2. goraek

goraek

it looks like it got copied and pasted from another source, hence the different font size... i may be wrong... dont quote me on this..
  3. soldarite

soldarite

nice post
    my paypal account was restricted for 8 weeks, i could take payments but i could not withdraw, spend or close account down, the reason was i recieved a certain amount of payments so they asked me to forward proof of 5 confirmed deliveries , out of all the ones they picked they decided to ask for 3 in the UK and 2 in Australia. 2 of the uk were sent recorded so i thought there was no problem there, but i was so wrong. when we checked the numbers they were showing not trackable until delivered and this was weeks down the line, but the customer had recieved them the follwing day we sent ?.
    the 2 in Australia again it showed that the item was in the hands of the australian post but this was not enough to confirm delivery.after over 20 calls 5 faxes they would not budge.Paypal held me ransom until i refunded 2 of the customers . then i had to wait 48 hours to see if everything was ok. well i hit another problem, a customer complained he did not recieve the goods which was a low value item 1.00 ,and we sent standard first class post, so again paypal refused to do anything until i refunded that one because i could not send any proof of delivery. then another 72 hours and last weekend we got our restriction removed,IMO paypal is a good thing for business but i personally hate it becasue you have no control, not like a bank were you can walk in and confront them, with paypal your on a long line waiting and waiting and waiting.so whatever you have right now in your paypal account ,draw it out dont leave it in there.
    also one other thing to be carefull about , i know it should not hapen but it possible does,if you were to take a payment for an expensive item and let the customer collect it, you now have no proof of delivery and if this customer was to claim there payment back, then paypal would refund it.
  4. coolstuff

coolstuff

Wow what a wicked Thread, its definitely deserves a sticky!:)
  5. Anthony

Anthony

It already is. :cool:
  6. dheeruyadav

dheeruyadav

My account was suspended because of some illegal transaction..i don't know much about it...can anyone help me?
  7. techfundoo1

techfundoo1 Banned Member

Can you expedite a bit, so that I may help you, have been dealing with Paypal diputes for a long time, but luckily all settled(still have some issues) so have a lot of experience in this field, lol,
  8. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Just got my account suspended recently due to some suspicious high value transactions but they removed the suspension just today within 24 hours of me providing them the info they were waiting for.

Its a real pain no doubt but I have to say that I am impressed with their speed once they have got what they need
  9. N-G

N-G

Any good and reliable well known Papal alternatives for UK users?
    breakingthehabit123 likes this.
  10. babypuppy

babypuppy

paypal problems

I have had a problem with Paypal, I purchased a couple of items off ebid, the seller offered insurance for the items, there address was verified, there Paypal account was verified, I had a feeling something was wrong when I got the item tracking number and when I checked in was wrong, I emailed the seller incase she had typed the number incorrectly, the seller answered after two days saying that was the number on the ticket, when the item did not sow up after a week (was suppose to be delivered within 2-5 days, I contacted paypal for advice, they stated that I had to wait longer for the delivery, I contacted the seller who egnored all emails, so after the items did not arrive after two weeks, I opened a dispute with the seller, after a couple of more weeks Paypall ruled in my favour, but then I was told that there was no money in her account to refund me, but paypal would do whatever it could to retreive the funds privately and because another department was dealing with the account they could not communicate with me regarding the matter, it has been 3 years now, Not one message has ever been sent to me regarding this matter, I cant ask paypal as they will not answer or tell me that they cant decuss because of customer privacy laws.
  11. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

you need to give anythign at least 7 working days, unless its next day delivery or 1st class recoded delviery before the weekend.

ask the seller to scan or even do a close clear photo of the supposed ticket

jesues 3 years since this happened.

well its basically in your court , and with this i mean you need to take the seller to small claims, and you could legally get the adress and contact details and any detaisl paypal has of the seller from them via the court .

tell paypal to give you the phone number to the department that is dealign with the issue , and again if paypal are infact being neglegent according to their contract you signed up with when you jouend paypal and the fact they have a policy up for protection, go via the court and even sue paypal for neglect i think its called.
  12. cjorden

cjorden

How do you have a virtual band account and virtual CC? Please explain that process to me. Thanks.
  13. mauropozzi

mauropozzi Banned Member

I like paypal, now when i made payment, i use masspay,it only need not more than 1 usd paypal fee. I can use masspay for only one payment .
  14. pirates

pirates

Thanks for your advice. I have just used my paypal account to receive the fund from an affiliate and pay hosting. Should i change to the business acc or still in personal?
  15. MadeinMancs

MadeinMancs

I remember a while ago, i advertised a phone as a 'pre-order' on EBAY. The release date got shifted and the buyer complained. I was fully verified but PayPal asked for my passport/driving licence, utility bills, and tracking details and blocked my PP and EBAY accounts. :-(

I couldnt provide tracking details until the phone was released and posted so I was stuck. But to my shock PayPal decided to 'end relations with me' and said my account would permanently stay reestricted!! Six months later they suddenly decide to restore account access and with no reason given!

The customer support on the phnoe is terrible!
  16. AnnaJiang

AnnaJiang

so great, :) and another thing is please avoid accepting a large funds if you are a new paypal user..otherwise, the paypal will frozen your account.
  17. Eeezy Tek

Eeezy Tek

Hi

May I ask... is PayPal really safe, I am very close to a deal with a US supplier, I am based in the UK. This deal would mean me Paying £4400 to the US supplier or $7300. The deal is not going through ebay.

Will I be covered if I do not get my goods, will I get my money back.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  18. Ultravox

Ultravox

PayPal favours the buyer in these situations. If the goods were not received, simply start a PayPal claim and provide all the evidence, so make sure you keep records and logs of conversations/contracts etc.
  19. Eeezy Tek

Eeezy Tek

Thank you very much, I have kept all emails etc so have plenty of evidence
  20. UsaMan2010

UsaMan2010

Ezeey Tek- Have you ever looked into alertpay or moneybookers? I just hear too many horror stories about paypal.