1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

PayPal Advice

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by more4less, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Eeezy Tek

Eeezy Tek

Hi UsaMan

Yes I have heard of them both, but this particular supplier does not accept them, only Bank transfer and PayPal
  2. Adam1

Adam1

Thanks for the help
  3. EthicStar Ltd

EthicStar Ltd

My experience with paypal has always been bad.....but what can you do there are no alternative to paypal either
  4. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

Just so people know, paypal froze my account nearly 2 months ago over an issue that had simply nothing to do with us besides the fact of a transaction that the buyer did and paypal allowed.

they took back all £585 becuase the buyers bank (nearly 2 weeks after the transaction happened and after the buyer collected the motorbike and left positive feedback) requested paypal to reverse the charge and apparntly by law paypal had to do it, and now paypal state we can not use our account unless we fork out the money to make our account £0.

so we have already set in place a complaint to the financial obundsman (spelling) and set off a complaint to watchdog.

funny thing was that the women on the phone of paypal stated that we should never have used paypal if the item gets pciked up or hand delivered becuase it would not have been using a tracker id and therefore the seller would not be covered by the eller protection.... which is really nice to know since its ebay that have forced sellers to accept paypal for a good 2 years now so we had no choice as the buyer paid straight away.
  5. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

Please review your post for grammar and spelling before posting so it's easier to understand for all of us.

The PayPal representative is correct; you should never accept PayPal payments for tangible goods when allowing pickup or dropping off. You should always ship items with tracking proof. PayPal Seller Protection requires online tracking proof of delivery to the confirmed address; signature proof is required for payments $250+ / £150+.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_spp-outside#spp-policy
  6. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

first off bh. I take offense to the grammer etc as im dyslixc and try my damndest to do it correctly.

now the policy may be correct but , how can the seller use any other payment when ebay which is part of the same company as paypal force the sellers accept paypal as payment.

ive had several items taken down becuase i didnt accept paypal.

and how could i not accept the payment when payment had already been done and cleared when the buyer bought the item as ive previously asked and even sent back the payment and asked to be paid via bank transfer etc and gained a warnign from ebay due to soemthign about going aroudn fees.

7. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

You take the risk of losing the goods and payment when you don't follow the PayPal SPP completely. It's that simple. Claiming ignorance of the policy won't get you off the hook.

You're not forced to list the item on eBay - sell it somewhere else where you can take payment in cash. I'd much rather refund a payment and email the buyer that only cash is accepted and risk the negative feedback versus losing £585.

By the way, motorbikes/motorcycles are exempt from the PayPal payment requirement. Per http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html, "eBay requires all sellers listing on eBay.co.uk to accept PayPal in their listings with the exception of listings in the categories of cars, motorcycles, aircraft, boats, caravans, trailers, trucks (commercials), services and property categories. Did you list the item in one of these exempted categories (motorcycles)?

For USA Sellers: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html
  8. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

how can you do a tracking when its either picked up or personally delivered. espcially when its only a few miels away.

no but your forced to accept paypal as payment.

BHS look if you are going to pi$$ me off with all this spelling grammer and now ignorance rubbish id rather you not even answer my posts thanks.

oh and just so you know there were several times when i tried to unselect paypal as an option, but it was a no go as it always stated that it was needed.

so although in their policy like you have stated says its not needed, you dont have an option.
  9. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

"how can you do a tracking when its either picked up or personally delivered. espcially when its only a few miels away."

It's really very simple. You don't take Paypal in those circumstances. When buyers nearby want to arrange pickup, if I allow it they must pay in cash. If they want to pay via PayPal, I only ship the item. If you receive a PayPal payment for an item you can't ship, you issue a refund and direct the buyer to the link I provided regarding eBay's policy (and offer a discount for cash). Did you ever contact eBay regarding this listing of a motorcycle and not allowing PayPal as a payment option? You should have listed it just as http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110416144223 - pickup only with no payment options as a classified ad. If you look through all of eBay's motorcycle listings, the sellers accepting Paypal are shipping the items. For pickup only, they're classified ads. Why didn't you list the item as a classified ad with pickup only? You see this because the sellers know they will lose funds if they allow PayPal payments without online tracking and signature proof. You're making it impossible to follow PayPal's SPP by not shipping the product and you will lose the dispute every time.

My second response never mentioned spelling or grammar, so why are you bringing it up again? Many people on this board claim "ignorance" or "I didn't know" to PayPal's policies or don't like them and you're no different. If you knew PayPal's SPP, I'm hoping you would know better than to allow pickup of the item. If you knew PayPal's SPP and still allowed pickup, I call that something else. If you didn't know their policy, hopefully you've learned a lesson and won't repeat it again.
  10. Ultravox

Ultravox

*Dyslexic :p
  11. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

look i have big issues with being able to remmber stuff all the time and the amount of times paypal and ebay change the damned pilicies i sadly am unable to remmber everything. and i was so used to being told by ebay to demand paypal as payment and during this stressed time in my life i wasnt in the frame of mind to be going...oh wait let me just look at their policy for this item to just check that they wont screw me over.

i didnt even know about the paypal policy about trackign untill well after they froze our accoutn and it was the women stated it to us.

by the way your very clever to state us all this whilst i bet only today reading and stating it to us today as i et you didnt know any of these before today ;)
    and did you miss me sayign that the option to unselect paypal wouldnt unselect as we kept getting the message sayign paypal was needed, so not much i coudl do when payment is done and ive had many times when i have refudned people and over a week later they just give up on the item.
    and i may be biting back due to my meds, but at this time i just dont care.

and Ultravox always has to be one lol

oh and as proven to what im saying about not remmbering all the details and needing to check the policy everytime i list soemthing, the new policy was placed late 2008...and we are not a business on there and we are not a person that sells a lot of times on there ie we dont spend a lot of time selling.
  12. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

It has been PayPal's policy for as long as I've taken their payments, so there's nothing new they're changing on you. And I've known about such policies before I started taking payments and agreed to their terms of service. In business, you should always know the details and liabilities of a transaction, especially when accepting credit card payments where there is rampant fraud and frivolous chargebacks. The proof that I've known the PayPal SPP well before today and have posted about it (2006, actually) is below:

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...on/52913-paypal-help-please-2.html#post362419
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...-usa-ebay-powerseller-invites.html#post174680
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...9163-ebayers-what-would-you-do.html#post71009
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...help-needed-ebay-transaction-2.html#post58315
  13. SK2009

SK2009

paypal are crap!!!! i would suggest everyone read their "user agreement" very VERY carefully and once read read it again monthly because they change it and then when theres an issue they will just tell you that you agreed to their T&Cs!
    ive called ebay before and its gone to paypal! it wouldnt suprise me if ebay and paypal call centres in the in same room!!
  14. SK2009

SK2009

EXACTLY!!! i told them this on the phone and then they got funny with me about it!!! rude and total ignorant! and they dont care ebay and paypal because they know you will give in as ebay is a simple way for most people now!
  15. x_Emily_x

x_Emily_x Banned Member

i am so annoyed i have had my abay account and paypal account for no more than a week and its already been BLOCKED i have bought 2 things off there and paid with debit card (£8.00 altogether) and have sold ONE thing a sky box.. received payment through paypal £55 and posted everything off, been left good feedback by the buyer too.

Im trying to build up my feedback as i have never used it before.

I have sent various emails expressing my dissatisfaction.

Spoke to eddie and natasha today who could not understand why my account had been blocked, however it is with the 'trusted and safety' department now, whatever that may be??!!

I had a 'reinstate' form emailed to me in which i have filled out with a covering email, again stating how ridiculous this is. To add insult to injury they cancelled my purchases (although one arrived today) and dint inform me of what was going on. i have forwarded all emails to natasha who has logged them, from the buyer of my sky box to the people i have purchased things from!

I also pasted the chat that i had with eddie today and forwaded that on to them. I am not aware that i have brached any rules or policies. I thought i might owe them money and although it said i didnt i still paid £5.00 to them to see whether that would rectify the problem.

Another thing that annoys me greatly is that i had to call a premium rate number at £1.50pm! Ridiculous! I am fuming right now. I dont like being treated as if ive done something wrong when as far as im concerned i clearly havent. I will see what the outcome is but for the mean time my account remains blocked and my measly £50.00 in paypal is on hold!
  16. Ultravox

Ultravox

Do the following:
  17. x_Emily_x

x_Emily_x Banned Member

That is what i am going to do if they do not respond any time soon lol thank you so much!
  18. x_Emily_x

x_Emily_x Banned Member

***UPDATE

I made several complaints yesterday and got a reply today, they say i listed an item where i need to proove its mine or i have an agreement with a supplier! For a start i never liseted this item and secondly what the hell would i do if i was intending to use a dropshipper? Which i was for other items!!

Also they require photo id, i recently lost my passport on a night out and dont have a provisional or driving liscence.. i can however provide utility bills, birth certificate etc.

I think this is a complete farce!
  19. Ultravox

Ultravox

For the second point, using a dropshipper, this is why people suggest getting at least one item of physical stock in your possession.
  20. x_Emily_x

x_Emily_x Banned Member

i wasnt using one anyway i was trying to build my feedback up by selling a few small items i had at home but i will have too see what happens, and thanks x