1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Sonny

Sonny

Staff Note: Please be reminded that this thread is not to promote avoiding debt you actually owe. The community is strongly against the discussion of illegal activity, so please avoid providing advice on this regard. - Jenilee

So for some reason you have a negative balance with paypal?

And i bet its really uncalled for ... i bet they probably just decided to refund somebody without asking you, leaving you with a negative balance right?

Next step is you have recieved that call from Iqor Recovery Service!! Worried? Don't Be!

Let's have a look at my experience first..

I decided to sell a few things on eBay, sold them .. put the money in my bank .. done and dusted.. untill i recieved an email asking me to resolve a negative balance!! paypal had decided to just refund somebody without telling me, well, they've made their bed ... they can sleep in it.

Few weeks later i recieve the contact from iqor recovery service and in a few minuites work its all blown over! thats if you "owe" paypal £10 or £100,000!!! so what did i do?

1. As soon as you get the phone call don't give them any info, don't "confirm your adress" don't "confirm you date of birth"... they called you .. they know who they are speaking to, you have no legal obligation to provide this information. They cannot speak to you now so will hang up. Rule number 1: they can only make contact once a week. This doesnt include answerphone messages, emails or letter but as of actually making contact they can only do this once a week, they will ring you back the next day ... once you let them know you know the law they will back off and stop calling!

2. Its not over yet though, now your letter will come! with a free post envolope, now my first thoughts were to fill it to the brim with junk mail or stones or whatever or even just send them an empty envolope back with IMPORTANT written on it, but lets take it a little more serious.

3. Now before you do anything on your reply lets start with writing in massive bold letters "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY" dont do that and you are basically saying you know you owe them money.

Now we would like them to provide a copy of the Signed, Excuted Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request. to prove you owe them money, you can find a template for this letter here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html i would then send this via recorded delivery, just to make sure they don't claim to have not got the letter. You'd think they would get this info to you sharpish right? well untill this matter is settled you don't owe them anything, and if they fail to provide this within a month, THEY are breaking the law. Under the data protection act, if they dont supply you with this info, they are to cease processing any of your data immediately!

4. There is a highly likely chance that they don't actually have the document as paypal don't have any signed documentation to say you owe them any money, there is no written contract between you and paypal, and a simple click here to accept terms and conditions won't stand up in court.

5. They know you know your stuff, they know you know you dont have to pay this money, they know their agression won't work, keep calling or writing to you ... its time to tell trading standards! this is all it takes, no court cases, no worried to answer your phone .. relax ... do these points ... and get on with life :)

Some Points To Consider
    • When Iqor Phones you they will be very rude and agressive and make all sorts of threats, i know some people who iqor have been "filing a court case" for 6 months now, don't give in and pay! they use they're agression to try and get the money out of you
    • When they call dont confirm who you are!!!! if they then continue to talk to you about your "debt" reply with "i don't have a debt with paypal" to any question they ask, and say it calmly, once they have hung up, job done!
    • They are not allowed to make contact during work hours, or after 7pm if they do, tell them this and hang up.
    If anybody has any letters, i would be happy to write them a reply!, pm me and i will sort it out, purely for hate of this company!

Hope this has been helpfull, and hope this at least stops a few more people haveing money taken off them that they don't owe!

Stay Safe Guys. :dance:
    entertainmentuk likes this.
  2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD

Re: Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What To Do!!

That really sounds to me like you've created your own problem there.
  3. Xbox-Codes

Xbox-Codes

Iqor are also a solicitors, They will say they have passed this to them and you will get another letter stating they may take you to court, Notice the may.
    Can't remember the name of the solicitors but the address's are the same.
  4. Sonny

Sonny

I created my own problem by selling some genuine unwanted items on eBay?

Then the customer phoned paypal and paypal refunded them when there was nothing wrong with the product...

How have a created a problem by doing that?
  5. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD

You knew the terms and conditions when you became an eBay trader. You agreed to them when you started selling on eBay. You refused to pay money and thus you got chased by the a debt collection agency. If anything, its a warning to others not to make the same stupid mistake you have and go on some naive crusade.
  6. Sonny

Sonny

LOL, of course i knew terms and conditions, but do you think it was right that paypal refunded one of my customers for NO reason and tryed to make me pay for it?

What should i have done then? payed them? i sell my car on ebay ... sign the paperwork get paid by paypal, i put this money in bank and then paypal refund them £20,000 do i just pay paypal that.... not that i would take paypal for a car lol but just a scenario.

Look if you don't like the advice im giving people hit the back button yeah .. there are hundreds of people who have been and are in the same situation who will find this helpful.
  7. dajackel12

dajackel12

thanks mate, this is great information, i think i may need your help in future if it goes out of hand with my case,

so far I've just received the first letter stating i owe them about £400.00, the letter stated pay in 3 days, that was over a month ago now lol.

no phonecalls yet but I will post updates on this thread if anything happens, thanks again mate.
  8. Jerry

Jerry

What to do to avoid paying Paypal? I'm surprised you have spent so much time learning to avoid resolving this situation - which is clearly your fault. You obviously have too much time on your hands. Thanks for telling yet more crooks how to avoid paying debts. Back button? I wouldn't dream of it.
  9. dajackel12

dajackel12

Crooks avoid paying debts? This is a great first post by you hey?

It's not just crooks that are in debts with paypal, normal law abiding people can find themselves easily in the debt of paypal. You could sell an item on eBay, receive the payment for the item and then with no evidence at all, the buyer can raise a dispute just to try his luck and get his money back, and you know what? most of the time paypal will give the buyer his money back and he gets to keep the item, then the seller can get a letter from iqor, so you tell me who's the crook here?

you don't know the circumstances for each individual getting a letter from iqor so please don't categorise them all as crooks.

The thread starter did not do anything wrong if he fully described the products which he did, PayPal were the ones that refunded the buyers without asking for the products back, so its right for the seller to be out of pocket?

This post is worse then the spammers on here.
  10. Sonny

Sonny

hehe :) thanks mate that guy seems to only have made on price - what a looser.
  11. Mr Lilley

Mr Lilley

I have been in a similar situation with PayPal before, I an old mobile on eBay, I sent the mobile to the confirmed PayPal address by recorded delivery, Buyer changed address on PayPal and stated a dispute stating item not recieved i uploaded POD and explained that he had changed his address on PayPal and it was now an unconfirmed address, In the end we refunded the buyer and PayPal still took it upon themselfs to refund the buyer again out of our account putting it into a negative balance.

This was about 2 years ago we still get letters every few months but we have flat out refused to pay it.
  12. Rich211986

Rich211986

paypal create their own problems in the beginning by not verifying the users of the accounts and if the actual owner of the cc or db card is making a purchase, i could purchase something using someone elses account change the address and email address in someone elses account then the true owner could just claim unauthorised use which may or may not be truthful.
  13. dajackel12

dajackel12

hey mate

Sonny i may need some advise on this situation, i've just received a letter from iqors so called solicitors, i think its the same address as iqor's as mentioned before,

what's the next step to do? i havn't yet confirmed anything with iqor and they have not contacted me via telephone, they've just sent me 1 letter for the debt.

Any advise? should i ignore the solicitors letter or send iqor a letter stating i don't acknowledge the debt?
  14. HaRdy SiNgH

HaRdy SiNgH

Ask them for proof of the debt and watch them run a mile - just simply don't respond back or return it as goneaway. They will not take you to court for a small fee its just a scare tactic. Next time just post the letter up and lets what they have written.
  15. Gary

Gary

Hi mate, click here for the templates, scroll down as you need letter "N", copy and paste it into a text document and edit yours and their details, the content of the letter does NOT have to be changed, just names, addresses and account numbers, etc.

also, TYPE your name at the end, do NOT sign it, I don't know about iqor but SOME companies have been known to forge a persons signature on an agreement / acknowledgement which they have then taken to court and won!

Make sure to send the letter by recorded delivery, that way they cannot clain to have not recieved it and don't forget the £1 postal order, costs a few quid with postage and postal order but worth it if it gets them off your back, which it should do if there is no written agreement.

Good luck!

PS, I have not used that particular template or for paypal but I have used a different template from there, which was for a different supposed 'debt' that apprently someone had run up in my name from a previous address (was the first I had heard about it), but I found out it was over 6 years old and the letter template not only got them to stop chasing me for the debt but they took it off my credit record and gave me a written apology, so the legal letters from there DO work (or at least that one did).
  16. dajackel12

dajackel12

thanks for the advise mate,

I'm going to get that done first thing tomorrow,

also are iqor allowed to write on my credit record? I thought they didn't have the power to do this?
  17. Gary

Gary

I don't know if iqor do or not, mine was a different company but principal is the same, if you have a registered debt chances are it will show up on your record, though not straight away and (in your case) if they can't prove it exists, then legally they can't register it, but by just ignoring it and hoping it goes away like some advise then yes, it will more than likely show up at some stage. Which is why you need to ask for the proof or to leave you alone, which without proof they will have to leave you alone but only the right letter can achieve this.
  18. studio1one

studio1one

Sorry I fail to see what the stupid mistake here is, can you spell it out clearly for me so I can get it.
  19. Xbox-Codes

Xbox-Codes

They have to take you to court to have a CCJ recorded against you and then you have 30 days to pay before its recorded.
  20. Sonny

Sonny

Hello mayte,

Sorry i wasn't on last night to help you, Acetch seems to have done it though :)

Use the template and send them a letter - remember to write what i said in big letters at the top.

And as for your credit rating, you have no agreement with them so no they cannot.

However if they take you to court you will have a ccj and will have to pay the money within 30 days to get that removed.

I have spoke to hundreds of people regarding this matter and i can't tell you of one example where this has gone to court.

Good Luck