1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I cant wait for them to phone me, after they have signed for the letter telling them they cant on Monday..... as my letter telling them off will cost them £15.00 + 8% interest in the small claims court, and they will be reported! :) - I do so enjoy playing these type of people at there own game!
  2. alphabetagaga

alphabetagaga

Hi guys, need some help!

Iqor have sent a letter to my billing address - which is actually my old address, where my Mum now lives, demanding 46.99 from me on behalf of Ebay.

I actually know what this is about - I sold some stuff a few months back. I suffer from Bipolar disorder and didn't actually post the stuff because I was too unwell to leave the house. Which, on the surface, seems completely wrong - I mean, the people have paid - but by the time I was well enough to do anything about it Ebay had given them refunds.

I don't have the money to pay. Any advice? I won't be using Ebay when I'm unwell again....!
  3. AlwaysPresent

AlwaysPresent

I was in a simular sitation with a new motorcycle I bought (on finance). Basically, afterpaying 6k, after 4 days the chassis snapped so it went to an expert garage and they gave me written info confirming it was a manufacturers fault, and they arranged to ship it straight back to the company I bought it from. I never paid a single payment on it, because of the problem. They wouldn't replace the bike, and they still wanted me to pay.

I sent them the letter asking for the signed credit agreement, which they lost, therefore all the debt had to be written off... Even thought there technically was no debt, since they sold me a dodgy product!

Just don't back down to these companies, they are pains in the asses, they have no clue about why you owe money, they just buy debt from companies, in the hope you will pay the amount, plus interest!
  4. DazedNConfused

DazedNConfused

Hi all, just wanted to pick some brains.

I've got a dispute with e-bay as they refunded a buyer who claimed a pc I sold them didn't work when it did. (Long story short it was sent back to me, I checked it, sent it back to the buyer and he complained so got a refund even though e-bay didn't contact me or ensure the pc was returned to me).

So I've e-mailed e-bay about a dozen times and not got a reply from them except saying I need to pay £170 as my account was in arrears. I said until they contact me to explain why the refunded, etc, I wasn't going to repay them.

So now iQor are chasing me for the debt and I've kept telling them I'm disputing the refund but they don't listen and / or care.

They are phoning a couple of times a day and writing once a week which isn't going down well with my girlfriend who has to take the call.

Any suggestions as to how I can make e-bay explain what they did, or get iQor to back off?

Thanks loads
  5. tvrboy

tvrboy

To get iqor to back off you can tell them all future dealings are to be in writing only. If they ignore that, which they probably will, then the next time and all future times they call do not answer their security questions, if they can't verify who you are they can't discuss the alleged debt with you (data protection act). Simples.

These people will try and railroad you into agreeing to payments you are either not obliged to make or can't afford, they hate doing everything in writing as there is a paper trail that way. They would mauch rather you you make an agreement over the phone when you are likely to agree to anything to get rid of them.
  6. Rav692000

Rav692000

Hey guys, great forum... looking forward to sticking it to iQor!

Just a quick question from the very 1st post, am I sending letter "N" to iQor or Paypal?
  7. MattFormosa

MattFormosa

Sonny: Thanks for starting this thread!
    ForTradersOnly: Thanks for the template list!
    Tango34uk: Thanks for your sample letter!
    Kezwar: Thanks for the inside info.!

Wish I'd had the information supplied here long ago when a certain 'agency' was hounding me for 'debt'..:@

This knowledege is great to have should I have any PayPal (or others) 'debt collector' harrassing me in the future!

Thanks again! :welldone:
  8. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I always send all letters to the "Debt Collector" now we both know that they are part of PayPal, but they pretend not to be, so send them the letter, After my last letter I havnt had another phone call or letter for 6 weeks :) but belive me if they do call, or write (and dont supply the information I requested) then I will be reporting them, and charging them an admin fee for having to contact them again, and yes I am more then happy to take them to the small claims court to fget my admin fee back ( +8% interest) if they dont pay up :)
  9. cheesy93

cheesy93

i dont know if any of you guys have got any results yet but i was wondering if someone could help me? basically i made a paypal and ebay account when i was 15, i am currently 17 and i got a phone call from iqor and a letter also, i panicked on the phone so confirmed my name address and fake date of birth, he told me to pay by the 28th, i will not have the money by then. it is for the amount of £186 and they added another £3 for some reason. shall i send them a letter requesting proof of debt? please help im worried they are going to be knocking on my door and harrasing me and my mum. thanks
  10. uhafmail

uhafmail

Tell them you are not 18 and as such you legally cannot be in debt. Tell them to take you to court, they can't do so because you are not 18.
  11. cheesy93

cheesy93

will it not go on my credit record in the future or come back to haunt me? i want to be absolutely sure. thanks
  12. J666

J666

I am having problems with Iqor Recovery Service.
  13. planner

planner

Take time out to read this thread. It has helped a few people. best of luck.:thumbup:
  14. staningrimsby

staningrimsby

Hi everyone,

This has been a very informative and interesting read,
    At the start of the month i to received a letter from Iqor stating i had a debt with paypal of £15.22, i phoned them to ask what the debt was as i had only used paypal 2 days before and have no issues with them.

They could not tell me what the debt was for only that the account was used on the 20th May 2011 (def not me), although it was an old paypal account of mine which i opened in 2004 and have not used for 5 years (i thought it had been closed).

They claim the debt was on the 20th May and handed to them from paypal on 31st May (a bit quick i though), i was told that if i thought this was fraud to report it to the police and get a log number which i did and then i rang them with it.

They have not tried to ring me at all and i have been the one chasing this to see what is happening as i am law abiding and hate the thought of a debt being over me even though i know 100% it wasn't me, should i still write to them ???
  15. LShields

LShields

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What To Do! NEED HELP!!!

hi everyone.

i need help!
    in june i sold an item on ebay and the winner of the auction used paypal to transfer the money. he did so, we received it and i transferred it to my bank account and sent the item special delivery.
    the same day i posted it, the buyer reversed the payment through paypal and it has left me with -£230 in my paypal account. we brought this issue to paypals attention and provided them with the tracking number of the package and also with an email we received from ebay saying the buyer of my item was a known fraudster to them.
    paypal dismissed everything we said and demanded WE pay them the £230.
    after 2 months i obv havent paid them and they have passed our case onto a debt collector (IQor). now IQor have referred us to Geoffery Parker Bourne solicitors and they have sent a letter saying we must pay the money within 7 days along with added legal fees.
    i sent them a strongly worded letter telling them this was not my debt to pay and i would not be paying it. i also sent them copies of the royal mail tracking number as well as the ebay email.
    will this be sufficient? i will not pay this debt but do not have the money to employ a solicitor to fight them! i need any help you can give.

laura
  16. Xbox-Codes

Xbox-Codes

Geoffery Parker Bourne are Iqor, They operate from the same office.

You should not have contacted them at all and just ignored everything.
  17. LShields

LShields

well to be fair, im not exactly well versed in the world of debt collection. i am like most ppl who when in this situation panic and try to clear my name.

do you have any advice on what i do now?
  18. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

Guys, having worked for many agencies over the years the vast bulk of people working for these agencies are decent honest people, some debts are bought in, most are not. I have no problems with anyone asking for paperwork, but many people using such tactics are simply trying to delay payment.

All I would mention is these companies are doing a job, which many of the online traders would wish to take advantage of if available to themselves, and people who owe a debt should repay it if possible. Personally I get no grief from people, but I'm a nice decent guy, one reason I have to work hard, being too honest.

Several people on this thread have admitted the debt exists, paypal refunds might not be popular but this exists with credit card merchants etc, it is part of the business which should be taken into account when selling. So ask yourself, if these people owed you money would you be so happy to see them avoid paying?
  19. LShields

LShields

thanks for the advice lighthousedirec but i owe them NOTHING so they will get NOTHING from me.
  20. planner

planner

Hi, L shields, have you read this thread as it gives you all the advice you need. All the best.