1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LShields

LShields

hi yeh i have but every case is different and i guess i just wanted specific advice. i have never been in this situation before and so wasnt sure how to proceed.
    M.Abbas likes this.
  2. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

Once again, if people do not owe anything I have no problem with anyone stating this and acting accordingly, I also wouldn't pay for something I didn't owe.

As a debt collector, strange as it might seem to the debtor, I'm not that bothered with the occassional mistake being chased, and the supposed debtor disputing the debt, I could work 48hrs a day ten days a week so such cases are simply returned as in dispute, and then I concentrate on the rest.

Nothing personal, it's just a job.
    M.Abbas likes this.
  3. gs.davies

gs.davies

Having found this very informative thread, I'm heartened that I'm not the only one to have been done over by eBay. I sold an item of high value on eBay a few months ago, the buyer got it, left positive feedback and then complained it was faulty. Long story short; without any inspection of the item, eBay gave a full refund of over 1000 and have eventually set iQOR onto me. Turns out the item that I'd sent in perfect condition (accurately described and all of that good stuff) arrived battered and bruised back to me, and no, it wasn't the fault of the carrier. Quite simply, the buyer had damaged the item.

I beleive the Buyer Protection Policy is unenforceable in law as it's essentially unfair in that it allows the supplier (i.e. eBay being the supplier of auction services), the final right of decision.

Needless to say, I'd withdrawn the funds from PayPal as soon as I got them and once I realised that this would all get messy, I closed PayPal down and cancelled all the bank cards that had been associated with it.

This is the worst kind of internet rip off ever know in my opinion and I'd advise anyone selling on eBay to be VERY aware of just how dangerous it is out there.
  4. Import Expert

Import Expert

A very helpful initial post.

My past experiances with Ebay were not great - I sold one item and had an email from the buyer saying it was for his kids birthday the following day but he did not get paid until the end of the week - Stupidly (and being fairly naive) I agreed as I checked his feedback and it was 100% positive. Needless to say he didn't pay and in fact emailed me several times essentially laughing at me. Ebay were useless in sorting it out. After checking the feedback he had got, everyone had been scammed the same way, but they could only leave a message stating this if they left positive feedback as you are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback about a buyer - Somewhat bizarre... I raised the point with Ebay and explained that if he had had any negative feedback I would never have agreed to this, but they gave me the 'rules are rules' reply. For whatever reason they had had a lot of complaints about this buyer but had not at the time removed them from Ebay.

Anyway thats history - back to the issue in hand. These kind of companies that essentially collect other peoples debt for a cut of the profit are not highly regarded to put it mildly, mainly becuase as they are essentially not the company the money may be owed to, so do not have to be as customer service orientated as the company they act on behalf of. As a general rule of thumb, if the level of debt is small (i.e. less than it would cost for them to bring it to court), you can simply ignore the letters/calls until they give up as they won't want to risk an expensive court trip when the profit they will make out of the sum due will be so small. Don't get me wrong, they will try initially to up the stakes, increasing the threats and probably money owed but they usually have no intention of going to court so will have to drop the case.

If the amoutn owed is significant, what you would need to do will very much depend on your particular case. i.e. have you not sent something as per an example here, or have ebay just refunded someone without advisng you / asking for evidence, etc. However the best bet is to always take this up with Ebay/Paypal Directly - i.e. sooner rather than later.

Would be interesting to know if any cases have gone to court where Ebay have refunded somone in this way and what their legal arguement is / who won, etc ?
  5. bengybaby

bengybaby

Hi Guys,

I hope you can provide some help for me, and set my mind at rest here. I recently dropshipped several items on ebay, and the seller has only shipped around 25% of my total order. Most of the buyers have now opened a dispute with ebay and have their money back - Ebay are now telling me that I must reimburse them over £1000! I have opened a dispute with paypal to claim my money back, which is currently being reviewed. I was today contacted by Iqor who sent me a text message (not sure where they have accessed my mobile number from). I think this is the only way they can contact me though, as my ebay address is out of date, and i now have no connection with, and the name on the account is slightly different to mine. Should I just ignore this, as I do not think any action can be taken if they have incorrect details? Advice urgent would be appreciated. Thanks
  6. super_touring

super_touring

So you scammed a load of people for over £1000 and expect to get away with it?

This is not going to go well.
  7. bengybaby

bengybaby

Well thanks for the helpful reply. I have obviously also been scammed here - Obviously each buyer is entitled to their money back - I have no intention of ripping anybody off. Paypal should also refund me for the amount I have paid out, which will straighten my account, But knowing Paypal I think I might be up against it. Now don't reply If you have nothing helpful to say, I too am a victim in this. What can Iqor do?
  8. super_touring

super_touring

Where is all the money you took from the people who paid you?
    Use that to pay Paypal back.
  9. redspell

redspell Banned Member

@bengybaby

When I read your post, it does come accross as though you were looking for advice/assurance on how to avoid repaying the £1000 that eBay have refunded your buyers due to non delivery of goods that 'You' have sold them.

Maybe eBay fees would be a lot lower if they weren't covering refunds on sham sales made by sellers with your attitude.
  10. bengybaby

bengybaby

I think people may have understood my problem here. Just to confirm, all the buyers now have their money back. The people out of pocket currently are ebay, in which i do wish to refund them, providing paypal supply me with justice and refund the money I have lost on an order that was never delivered. The only scammer here is the dropshipper. Please can you provide some support, I should not have any debt outstanding and, If i do, that will be because paypal have wrongly closed the case in the dropshippers favour, who has currently supplied some false evidence to paypal for the dispute. Please provide me with some advice guys, I'm a genuine guy!
  11. Dean

Dean

What actions have you taken to reclaim funds owed to you by the dropshipper?
  12. bengybaby

bengybaby

misunderstood*
  13. bengybaby

bengybaby

lovinit - I currently have an ongoing paypal dispute with them, which i have now escalated to a claim. Paypal are reviewing and will respond by the 29th January.
  14. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Report back after the 29th on what happends with PayPal, but at the moment dont deal with the paypal debt recovery people, dont even speak to them. pm if you need help.
  15. DazedNConfused

DazedNConfused

Hi, I had (sorry, still have) an ongoing dispute with PayPal / E-bay / iQor and went back to iQor stating I will pay back the relevant parties once the matter had been settled. At least this way they knew I wasn't ignoring them.
    My situation is that I sold a pc on e-bay, the buyer sent it back to me saying it didn't work, I sent it back to them after finding it did work (I did this on e-bay's recommendation), they complained to e-bay and got a full refund, and didnt have to send me the pc back. I said to iQor once I get either the pc returned to me or the money back I'm not doing a thing and don't recognise the debt. I also do not recognise their intervention as I haven't signed any agreement stating e-bay can sell on my debt.
    This happened about 18 months ago and other then a bi-monthly letter saying I owe them money, they've not done anything else.
  16. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

If I was you I would do two things:-

1. Data Access review, give them the standard amount of time, and enclose the £10.00 (postal order) to give you copies of all communication they have on you.

2. Once you have that data write to them, giving them 40 days to stop writting to you, unless they can prove the debt, remind them within the letter should they not comply with that request, you will charge them £15.00 per letter that you have to send to remind them, and also request that unless they can prove any debt owed in your name, they have a further 40 days to remove any remarks they may have placed on your credit file.
  17. bengybaby

bengybaby

Thanks for the reply Tango. At the most I think Ebay may have my correct name and mobile number, all other details are incorrect/old. Can they assign any debt to me with such little accurate information? Any help would be appreciated?
  18. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

If they can "legally" prove the debt is yours then yes they can, and if they can legally prove it then you should pay it. And thats where I stand on this..... now if eBay cant legally (and thats the important word) prove the debt is yours, then what can they do?
  19. bengybaby

bengybaby

Tango, what steps will they take exactly - because as I see it at the moment, if they are trying to correspond with me they are not doing a very good job, I have had nothing in writing whatsoever - just a couple of missed calls today with no voicemail messages.

The debt itself I will dispute down to the ground should Paypal not refund me. I accept that yes the debt is currently accurate, but should balance itself once paypal refund the amount I am rightly entitled to.

I know that, should Paypal do the right thing reimburse me, there will not be a problem, but that decision will take two weeks - but I just want to cover all angles and put my mind at ease.

Please advise,

Thanks
  20. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

As Paypal and eBay are the same business, I expect they wont find on your side, but who knows and Im not going to make a guess! If in 2 weeks time they find against you, let me know, proberly via private message and ill happily advise you on what action to take.