1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bengybaby

bengybaby

Ok thanks for that, for the time being I will just plead ignorant (as they cannot rely on just the odd mobile phone call to get in touch with me) - and see what happens in two weeks. Hopefully things will sort themselves out but, if not (which i suspect will be the case), I will let you know. Thanks Tango.
  2. bengybaby

bengybaby

Hi guys,

Just an update for you.

The good news is that Paypal have closed the dispute in my favour, and the £1400 has been refunded to my account.

The only issue I have now is resolving my limited paypal account, in order for me to withdraw it.
  3. planner

planner

Excellent result.;)
  4. nyxx876

nyxx876

Anyone got some spare time to help me with iQor and paypal in general?, I sold a virtual character in-game and the person opened a dispute against me and he won it, and now iqor got in touch that I owe them money etc and that I got 3 days to pay back or there will be a court case, anyone can help?
  5. planner

planner

Read the thread from the first page nyxx876. All the information is there. Best of luck.
  6. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

As said above read all the information and it will help - mail me if you need any further help.
  7. mickeyblueeyes

mickeyblueeyes

Just noticed this thread.

Just to let guys know, having worked in the industry in the past, you can be very easily traced, and IMO it's best to sort things out, because if you do not most companies who use such agencies keep applying charges for non payment, it might be several years but the amounts rack up and eventually quite a few of these cases do eventually go to court.

Not all do, each case is judged on it's merit, but as other posters have also pointed out in the thread your credit file will be affected in the meantime. The debt agencies are perfectly entitled to contact you for payment, since they are acting on behalf of the client, such as the UK Gov, if this was illegal do you think the UK courts would not have stopped it by now. It's no different than yourselves asking a solicitor to act on your behalf as your agent. Debt agencies collect debts, not for themselves, for their clients.

Everyone is entitled to do what they feel, personally I am old school and expect people to pay their debts, so posters saying things like it is their suppliers fault, not theirs have little sympathy from myself. This is business, if you are not up to it then don't try to be business people in the first place.

I wish I was suprised at the general attitude of trying to get out of debts, but you get used to it very quickly, simply talk, and sort them out if you owe the money, all agencies will come to an affordable agreement, better than years of hassle IMO. If you don't owe the money then dispute, but seriously, a lot of people seem to struggle in understanding what they are responsible for.
  8. tarik

tarik

The problem I guess with people and PayPal In this instance is that a lot of people have been scammed by buyers and don't feel they should owe the money. I know this cos I have been in the same situation! Sold a ps3 a number of years ago, sent tracked etc, then buyer claimed it was unauthorised transaction but cos I was away on holiday for a month I couldn't provide details on delivery. So I lost the case and had to pay back £300. Now i know for the fact that it was a valid transaction so why should I have to pay that back.
  9. mickeyblueeyes

mickeyblueeyes

Why should you pay it back? Simply because it was your debt, but there is nothing to stop yourself suing your customer.
  10. Dean

Dean

Why should Paypal be liable for the money? I do agree that these people should go after the customers through the courts but most can't be bothered!
  11. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

But at the sametime Paypal (and eBay) are a law onto themselves - yes we all use them, but they can and do often get it wrong, when that happends why should we the customer (as that is what we are to PayPal) have to foot the bill? I agree if as a debt is yours (read mine) I should pay it back, but when it isnt, then why should I?
  12. tarik

tarik

well it's a bit late now as it was 5 years ago but I still shouldn't have been liable for it. Once the case was closed I had no comeback.
  13. Dean

Dean

I see what you're saying but why should Paypal cover it because it's not their debt either.

So why should Paypal be liable for it?

Did you go after the other person through the courts? The case being closed shouldn't have stopped that happening.
  14. nyxx876

nyxx876

Similar thing happend with me too, Sold a virtual character well its impossible to track the delivery as its a game character, sold it gave the password and login etc then the guy opened the dispute to get the money back and still have the character I wasn't at home to reply to the dispute and he won it then after when I was sending paypal emails they were replying with some nonsense.
  15. mickeyblueeyes

mickeyblueeyes

Incorrect, it's not too late, most B2C debts have a six year limit, but their are exceptions where it can be a lot longer for legal action, this is why I mentioned it is better to sort things out rather than them suddenly reappear many years later.

There is NO limit on a debt agency contacting you to ask for payment, only a limit on legal action being taken.

Paypal closing the case has no influence on the debt, that is their rules, their way of working to which you have agreed to when opening an account, therefore it becomes your debt. No matter what Paypal or ebay state there is nothing stopping you taking action against your client, that is their debt to yourself.

Just because you might not wish to take any action doesn't stop others rightly chasing yourself.
  16. mickeyblueeyes

mickeyblueeyes

Your client would have won the case no matter what since virtual items are exempt from paypal seller protection, only physical goods qualify.
  17. nyxx876

nyxx876

So does that mean that I have to pay back, when I haven't done anything wrong? Sold a virtual item sent him the login and password, job done. Then 1 day after or 2 he opened a dispute and won it because its a virtual item so basically he scammed me and I can't do anything about it?
  18. Dean

Dean

Well firstly you should have checked Paypals T&Cs to see if you were covered by seller protection and then you could have made the decision to not accept the payment via Paypal in the first place. And secondly there is nothing to stop you going after the buyer through the courts. At the end of the day, Paypal didn't do anything wrong so why should they shoulder the loss?
  19. nyxx876

nyxx876

So the only option is to get the person through courts, but he is from Sweden and I haven't got time to go through courts and get the police involved I still go college I'm only 17, tried to sell a game character and got scammed by the buyer, life couldn't get better. Isn't there anything else I could do?
  20. Dean

Dean

So at 17 you fraudulently signed up for a Paypal account anyway (assuming it was your own account)!!