1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. nyxx876

nyxx876

There isn't a age limit for making an paypal account, only if you want to add a credit card you have to be 18 or over, I think. Also I have sold alot of virtual things on paypal before with no chargeback I only had 1 chargeback before but the person that made it, cancelled it, back then when the dispute was on, I was sending them emails etc saying it was a virtual item and they never said anything about virtual items being unprotected by paypal.
  2. Dean

Dean

3. nyxx876

nyxx876

Okay your right, I've been using Paypal for over a year now, Sold many things etc, now I got this iQor problem is there anything I could do? and what can they do to me as Im only 17?

Could I chat with you on msn or something It will be much more quicker and more comfortable? If thats possible.
  4. Dean

Dean

My advice would be to pay it back and learn from the experience. When you pay it back you will be back in the same financial position you were before the transaction and only have lost a virtual game character which is hardly the end of the world (wait until you are older and have to worry about mortgages and bills)!! If you've already spent it then save up and pay it back.
  5. nyxx876

nyxx876

Mate I got a letter from iQor that I got 3 days to pay back or I'll go to a court case, the game character costs 770 euro, I sold it few months ago If I still had the option to pay back when I had the money I would but now I already spent that money and can't pay back, I got other characters to sell but now I'm scared of selling them if the same thing happens again and I will be scammed twice. Anyway why should I payback if I haven't done anything wrong? I sold it to him he received the item he bought I received the money and the transaction is over. Its kinda stupid how buyers can scam you and you can't do nothing about it.

Is there anything I could do? I know you showed me the Terms and Conditions that its a Virtual character and its unprotected by paypal but there must be something I could do ?

I would love to payback and get this over and done with, as I haven't got time to deal with police and courts , so I need a 2nd option that would help me get out of this problem, I have seen people saying that I should send them a letter asking for a CCA or something like that, should I do that would that help me?
  6. Dean

Dean

You signed up to Paypal fraudulently and then sold an item that is not covered by seller protection so you're not as innocent as you have convinced yourself you are. If you don't pay it back, why should Paypal cover the loss when they did in fact do nothing wrong?

If you had read all the T&Cs in the first place you wouldn't be in this position. Yes its wrong what the buyer did to you but with a little bit of research before hand you could have avoided it all completely.

Life is a bitch sometimes and its all about learning from your mistakes so you don't repeat them.
  7. nyxx876

nyxx876

Yes I know mate, thats why I don't want to sell another character to make money for Paypal to pay them back and get scammed again, so I need to find another solution. Well thanks for your time and help.
  8. nyxx876

nyxx876

I also got a last question, If I'm 17 and I won't pay back, because I haven't got money what can they do to me?
  9. super_touring

super_touring

Remove all the items from your parents house as payment. I hope you have told them so they are ready for the knock on the door.
  10. AnthonyCaleb

AnthonyCaleb

Hi folks, very interesting thread. I just want to clarify that if you have an eBay/PayPal debt that it cannot affect your credit rating? Thank you
  11. Dean

Dean

It could if the debt recovery agency follow the correct procedures and you still fail to pay.
  12. redspell

redspell Banned Member

I would say definately yes it would.

The debt collection agencies would register it as a delinquent debt with the credit reference agencies, meaning it will be displayed on any credit check done on you and effect your credit score.
  13. AnthonyCaleb

AnthonyCaleb

Thanks for the replies. I read on another site that it could only be applied onto your credit rating should iqor take you to court and win. Is this what you mean by your comment lovinit? Thanks again
  14. Daryl_84

Daryl_84

Hi, been reading through the forum and have found it to be very interesting. I'm after some advice really. I recently advertised some power tools on ebay but i sold them outside of ebay to avoid the fees as the buyer wanted a buy it now price. The items were paid for via paypal as goods with a description in the notes section. They have been shipped to his address but he has just phoned to say he no longer wants the items and wants a refund. He hasn't received the items yet. I know because of the tracking numbers on the parcels. He is threatened to claim the money back through paypal even though the items have been sent. In a panic i closed the paypal account and have been informed the payement has been reversed and i now have a negative balance. I would just like some advice on where i stand on this matter as i don't want iqor chasing me.
    Many thanks
  15. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Thanks mate great thread. This is actually very useful advice, i am in a similar situation at the moment where paypal decided to freeze my account so i couldn't use it,(because it looked funny to their automated system,what a joke) then refund customers when i could not properly respond to the cases. I now receive these letters from a so called debt recovery agency, which by the way is a compliment to this very unprofessional company these guys lean closer to wannabe gangsters.

I dont know why some people here are giving the guy a hard time for telling people how to not get ripped off, because thats what this is, if you owned a shop and completed a sale with someone, and then your bank refunded them without your permission would you be complaining?
    you have no written agreement so dont listen to these sharks.
    Thanks for the great helpfull post many thanks

<mod edit: changed to default font style>
  16. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Hey mate, in a similar situation , had a dispute with someone on ebay , my paypal account had been frozen for "selling high risk items" so ebay had followed as well and as a result my account access was limited. At the same time a buyer opened a return case for an item and i coult not upload the proof of postage details etc, ebay refunded on the buyers behalf and no matter how many emails i wrote to ebay with the documents included i never received a reply, More to the point i never received my item back , and in ebays returns policy it states that the seller must receive the item first before issuing a refund (if a refund was agreed).Anyway i figured it was their problem seeing as i had tried contacting them so many times and been ignored. Then i received this.
    Dear mr
    paypal- premiere have passed debt to iqor recovery services ltd with instructions to recover your outstanding balance of £51.33 (i have another one for 113.99) in full.
    if you do not take action to resolve this matter immediately we may commence legal action in the county court / sheriff court. this may well be a judgement or decree recorded against you.
    Then it tells me a judgement or decree would affect my credit rating they want me to take action immediately blah blah.
    We may also sinstruct a doorstep collector to visit your home to discuss your financial circumstances and agree terms of repayments /scheldule regarding your debt.
    If you dont think you can pay the debt call us.

Now i live in glasgow in scotland, Can english doorstep collectors legally come to my door?
    im not so worried about court as i dont think they would bother for such a small amount.
    would a request for a signed executed credit agreement via a cca request do the job here? I got a phonecall from them as well , (a very good few have been in breach of what and when they are allowed to call) and said i was not myself of course asked to take a message and was told iqor wanted me to call etc i told the man on the phone that i had a message to pass on and now could tell him as i knew who and where he was calling from , told him that mr H had sent the CCa request via a recorded delivery with a £1 postal order (used the template availaible from on here ) .
    anyways just need some advice guys cheers
  17. luke1993

luke1993

Hi same problem but for some reason i got 2 letters each a debt for a company but both i assume are ebay related. My question is can i do 1 letter with both reference numbers on and pay 1 pound postel order or do i have 2 do 2 seperate letters or 1 letter both account references but pay 2 pounds for the postel order?
  18. andrew page

andrew page

dont worry about doorstep collectors/ bailiffs under no circumstances allow them into the property this is called walking possesion
    they cannot take any property from your house unless they have a seizure warrant if they dont have a seizure warrant you can basically tell them to leave and if they attempt to enter property you are well within your rights to exercise reasonable force
  19. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Hi mate, Have written back and forth with iqor, have sent cca requests and letters stating for them to drop the debt etc, They have responded with a letter saying Something along the lines of that they cannot find a cca because ebay has informed them that they have a standard retention period of only 6 years so they have unfortunately lost it, However i have only had an account for maybe a year tops ? so i think i have them on the ropes, Is there a template for a response to a cca request of somesort i could use, or could you maybe offer some advice on what to say, Cheers
  20. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

Which is interesting as isnt 6 years the ammount of time a debt technically stays on your credit record ect.... After 6 years the debt should be written off, taken of credit records ect..... As long as you never admitted to having the debt in the 1st place, vi a phone call, or letter with debt company.