1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Gary

Gary

It is yes, however some companies still try it on by buying old debts seriously cheap, because if they then acknowledge the debt the amount is agin payable and the time starts again.

Sorry something to ponder, I do not know the answer to your question, I only used that website the once regarding an old (over 6 year old) debt that wasn't mine to begin with and the template from the linked site worked as explained above.
  2. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

I only know that as i have a debt going back 10 years and i still very occasionally get the odd letter, Just never responded or acknowledged anything at all.
  3. andrew page

andrew page

hmm no debt ocver 6 year old can be acknowledged as to be paid

you simply state the debt is statute barred and therefore unenforceable in a court of law

my standard practise is to then tell the firms that from herewith my time is chargeable and by contacting you they have agreed to your terms and conditions oh i forgot to mention my charge per minute is £100 it does the trick:) naturally make sure the phone call is recorded
  4. Dean

Dean

I think the 6 year thing is irrelevant in this instance seeing as the poster states...

So their debt can't be over 6 years old.
  5. Gary

Gary

I thought the same but it's strange how they cannot find records of it, unless they have somehow linked the new account to an old debt, at least that's the most likely explanation I can think of (obviously from the little information provided and not knowing the full situation)
  6. Dean

Dean

My money on them not being able to find the records is that they are probably lying! Debt recovery agencies aren't known for their fair play or simply being able to tell the truth!
  7. Gary

Gary

Quite possibly, that's why I editied in the bit in brackets afterwards as we can only comment on what we know of the situation and that is what we have been told (which isn't much).
  8. Dean

Dean

Very true. I know its none of my business but I would like to know the story behind the poster being in debt with Paypal and why they think they shouldn't have to pay it back now. With most of these cases it is real debt and the individual is just trying to wriggle out of it! But as you say its hard to tell with not much info.
  9. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

I think what he meant from reading the posts was paypal cant find a record of the debt and its paypal who are insinuating its because the debt is more than 6 years old (and they dont keep paper trails beyond 6 years) wheras the OP is saying his account is only 1 year old, so cant understand why paypal cant find it.
  10. andrew page

andrew page

did it ever exist!
  11. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

never acknowledged the debt whatsoever , never confirmed my identity, never made any payments anything. do you know that is funny your right i never thought of that, what do you think my response should be: ?
  12. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

dont think so.........
  13. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Hi everyone and thanks for taking intrest in my little problem here, What other details would you like that may be of help to you?

No the account i had with both paypal and ebay was only open for a year tops, and i had no previous accounts.
    i think that once i sent the cca request and they knew they didn't have one, They just basically threw up a smokescreen , i dont think that the 6 years standard retention period has anything to do with my case bar prove my point further? because if my account has only been open for a year and their STANDARD period of holding documents is 6 years then if there was such a document it would still be there.

The reason of the debt is actually one where they are at fault.
    I had an account with paypal and ebay for several months and started my own business, dont get me wrong i wasn't making mega money but it was a substantial amount, I had a good trading history and all cases opened were settled amicably with most the buyer admitting fault or ebay finding in my favour. (i actually never lost one case bar once where i had to issue a prtial refund ) i kept all proof of postage and posted on time via special delivery in the uk and recorded no matter where worldwide.
    one day a case was opened against me and the buyer wanted a refund , They said that the items didn't work. I told the buyer to send them back and they didn't. about 3 days later i had emails from the buyer asking why he hadn't been refunded i told him if he looked at ebay's terms and conditions he would see that a buyer has to send the item back first before receiving a refund.
    anyway he didn't and tried to escalate the case, Now for some reason when he did ebay put a limit on my account. i was told in order to fix it i had to sent proof of identity address etc to them (although my account had been confirmed and hundreds of things shipped to and from there. I phoned them and told them i had no scanner so how could i send them a copy of my passport and these items ? (because the same telephone operator told me they no longer accept mail if it's to do with proof of things or something, believe me i couldn't believe what i was hearing at the time either.) anyway it took me 3 or 4 days to finally get it all sorted in which time i could not respond to the case, the buyer had escalated it and ebay found in his favour.(at this point i couldn't input to the case at all because of limitations or respond to any messages ) (ebay policy states not to contact the buyer outside of ebay. ) Just as i had everything sorted with ebay because it had taken 4 days paypal puts a hold on my funds and account for suspicious activity, (my ebay account being suspended 4 days) so i phone them and tell them the situation and guess what they want? thats right the same proof of id etc ebay wanted. now i told ebay that i had already told the buyer to return the items many times and he wasn't doing it but they still refunded on my behalf and expect the money from me.
    I am certainly not going to pay them when they have no intention of listening to you, During this whole process i sent dozens of emails and made dozens of phonecalls, trips to the post office etc, i was mostly ignored and sent automated messages , told by paypal that me that their decision was final and non reversible , which meant that i could not use my ebay >
    hope this was of some help . sorry for the book
  14. dg78

dg78

Hi, I have the same problem I have a negative balance of £425. How did everything turn out for you with sending the said letters etc? Did it all work? Thanks.
  15. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Hi mate, well not too bad, upon sending a few of specially strong worded letters i got a letter from the manager saying they would drop it as they had no cca request. nothing durther. then i got another letter from the solicitor blah blah. and i am going to post a letter to tell them that iqor had no intention of further doing dealings with me.
  16. Jack Coffey

Jack Coffey

Hi all

Wondering what I should do,

I have received an iQor letter for a debt of around £50 , however i used a fake name on the eBay account and a variation of my address so the letter is not addressed to me technically . What should I reply to them with or should I ignore it all together ?

Thanks
  17. Dean

Dean

Pay it!
  18. SomethingToPonder

SomethingToPonder

Hi ,
    to be honest mate your probably in the wrong place for that, a lot of admins on here wouldn't like that your using fake names etc.
    however in pure speculation, if the name on the account wasn't yours then, You technically were never in any debt, but you have commited fraud.
    now's the tricky bit you see, because if you deny ever having the ebay account and ask for signed documents from yourself to prove the debt, which i can almost guarantee they will not have, Then they could check which bank account was linked to the ebay and paypal account, take the money straight out your bank, unless you cancel all direct debits from your account, just going to the bank and ask them to do this.
    But if it's your name on the bank account then you used the ebay with a fake name , or at least that's what they will say, i dont think they would take you to court for £50.
    and your ip address is where stuff was ordered from il bet as well.Once my account was blocked, he signed into his account from my ip address, the next day they put holds on his account and said it was because they believed he was me! with no other explanation i believe it must have been my ip address. so they can basically say, your bank is linked to our accounts, your name was similar to the "variation" you gave, And we have orders from your ip address.

Depends on how much trouble they'l go to.
  19. Computer-Components-2-U

Computer-Components-2-U

Sent you a PM
  20. Paulbjm1976

Paulbjm1976

Hope someone out there can still help re iQor. I sent the letter as described on page 1 and got a reply stating : I can find their User Agreement on their website. Their Client do not hold a signed credit agreement for this account but they advise I was advised of their terms and conditions during the set up process and it is not possible for me to open an account with Paypal without my agreement to their terms and conditions. They returned my £1.00 fee. They advise there is no deed of assignment and the debt remains with Paypal and iQor act on an agent basis.
    What can I do now?