1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal - Iqor Recovery Services - What to do?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Sonny, Dec 20, 2009.

1. webanomaly

webanomaly

As far as I know, they don't have to provide an agreement since one wasn't signed in the first place?
  2. bobby8787

bobby8787

So yeah. I sold a numberplate for over £4,000 and got done over by the buyer saying his card was stolen (BS).

Now PayPal have forwarded me to some Debt Collection Agency (Not Iqor).

So what do I do? Do I just ignore them or do I ask for a CCA?

Anyone know the answer to this question?
  3. Gary

Gary

By using paypal you are deemed to agree to their terms, they do state this quitre clearly, and again each time they update them they basically say if you do not agree then stop using them, so basically in using them you are agreeing to their terms (which basically takes place of the signature).

I would have started off by starting proceedings against the buyer outlining the evidence they are lying to try to recover your debt (proof of delivery to the card / account holder name & address for example if you have it), then your could have used this to clear PayPal,I'm not sure what to suggect in this instance to be honest other than to seek legal advice (many solicitors will give a free initial consultation), as basically the debt to PayPal is yours, however the reason by the sounds of things is your buyer, so it's a bit more complicated than standard.

If it's not too late to start proceedings against the buyer a solicitor may be able to hold one case (the one recovering from you), pending the outcome of the small claims case against your buyer due to the original debt to you (and the cause of your debt to PayPal), being in dispute, if not, then you may have to pay your debt to PayPal or make arrangements to pay via installments,then persue your case against the buyer separately.

Would you have registered the new number plate in your buyers name if so there must be transfer papers / documents, or DVLA must have a record of it being registered to your buyer, a solicitor may be able to help to access this information too (as this should disprove them saying they didn't buy it).
  4. bobby8787

bobby8787

I have all of the buyer's information. Even photos. I searched him up on Facebook and in one of his statuses said he feels bad about scamming someone to pay for his mum's funeral. I'm probably an idiot for saying this, but at that point I just thought, no way am I going after this guy. Even if he has scammed me. I just can't do it. He's sold the plate on now anyways. I won't be going after him.

I will probably pay PayPal if I have to. But would prefer it being written off, the amount is nothing to them. I was under the impression that the debt can not be enforced unless there's a copy of the original CCA agreement with a signature, which I think may not be right. Do you think they'd take me to court? It is a decent amount of money.
  5. Dean

Dean

It sounds like you have more than enough evidence to take the buyer to small claims court. If you choose not to, then that is very noble of you, but its not right that Paypal should pay for your decision to not chase the buyer. You should pay Paypal in full.

Personally I would go after the buyer. Even paying for a relatives funeral is no excuse to commit a crime.
  6. Gary

Gary

Agree with @Dean, the buyer has still committed fraud which has left you seriously out of pocket (and the decision to not chase is yours), PayPal should still get their money as they cannot stop chargebacks if a customer says their card was stolen, all they can do is refund and get the money from the seller, anything else is sadly the sellers responsibility.