1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Paypal

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by TOF_Victor, Jan 25, 2004.

1. TOF_Victor

TOF_Victor

Hi everyone,

I've been selling for about four months on ebay and I offer Paypal as a means of payment. I do not ask customers to pay excess. However, I do find Paypal quite expensive, especially for smaller priced items.

Recently with great fanfare Paypal announced they were moving their service to Europe, that I was do nothing, and I would get a better service. Does anyone know if they will be reducing their charges when they actually operate on this side of the pond?

Victor [​IMG]
  2. BlackBox

BlackBox

Hi,

They are not moving their operations, but due to the expansion of users within eBay.co.uk etc an increase of growth of 168% last year, quite rightly they will now have a Paypal (Europe) operation going live in late February 2004.

This will cater for all Eurpean Customers as to charges they all ready reduced the cost of withdrawls to FREE and also other costs reduced.

They will also be covered by FSA which I feel can only benefit the User.

I would also expect the withdrawing of funds to be quicker than the current 7 days.

You may not be aware also that if you are earning about £1000 a month via Paypal you can apply for merchant rates to reduce costs.

Also I am not sure what your rating is on eBay but you may wish to look at wether you qualify for Powerseller status, if successful you automatically qualify for Merchant Rates for Paypal.