1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

PGBargains - Peter Blythe - Scam

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by deagle, Aug 15, 2016.

1. deagle

deagle

Hi,

Was contacted by the above individual and pointed to the PGbargains profile on here - offered me refurb ps4 games at a good price - not too good to be true but competitive.

Paid and communication has stopped - read forum rules with moderator and realise i shouldn't have bought off a non-advertiser due to the risks - just making sure nobody else buys off them, only a small amount less than £100 lesson learnt i guess
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

Lesson learnt I guess
    Did you pay by PP or C/card ?..If so you may be able to get your money back

Others have done the same and spent £1000,s

Yes only buy from forum advertisers. But on top of this use your own Due-diligence
    and research on any seller
  3. Erik

Erik

quite sad when I see this thread.

As what beacon said above, it is true that we prohibit members from transacting from non-advertisers. This is for a fact that everyone is free to register in TWF without any checks whatsoever, suffice to say that we get a lot of new registrations every week, and not everyone has good intentions (mind that the suspect joined just this July). Advertisers on the other hand, provide us with necessary information such as IDs and addresses to prove they are real people living or working in real places, making it a bit easier to pursue them in case of problems. This does not guarantee safety though, and as such, we still recommend members to perform due diligence of their own regardless of who they are transacting with. Should be common practice for everyone in this industry.

I am sad to say we would be of little help on this. We have no records of him whatsoever that would be of substantial help to you, him being a free member. But yes, as what beacon said above, you could get your money back if you paid in such payment options.

I hope this works out well for you
    Erik

PS: the user's account is already banned for scamming.
  4. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I'm not sure what the singing up page is like but maybe the forum should have a very visible banner or page that when a new member joins and gets the confirmation that they see an alert or main page that they should only buy from thoese with an advertising banner...rather thanmake it small print which doesn't always get read needs somethign very visible and in your face. Every member that gets scammed like this is potentionally not going to bother being interested in buying again via the forums. Might actually be more benefiical to the forums in my opinion to keep scammers away to.
  5. Erik

Erik

Good idea, Dave, we'll see what we can do about it. Sit tight for updates about this. :)
  6. Cody

Cody

Hi all,

We have added two new alerts that will now show on the user registration page (see image attached). Also, we're still working on an alert / message that will be seen by new users immediately.

Stay tuned for these updates.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

beacon hill likes this.