1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Postage Costs for T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by fashion uk, Jun 12, 2012.

1. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

They are compatible with Paypal postage also, but I prefer RM SmartStamp. You could pop them into the post box, however should they get lost you have no proof whatsoever that you actually posted them, and therefore couldn't claim back from Royal Mail.
  2. sport8866

sport8866

I just print off and pop in a documents enclosed sticky pouch they are very cheap to buy but as said above I believe dymos labels are just the job so maybe worth buying one of those. Cuts out a trip to post office and if any problems later occur you have proof in your PayPal account that you have sent it
  3. sport8866

sport8866

At least proof you payed ! Shouldn't have any probs sending in this country it's abroad where I get problems
  4. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

I don't think proof you paid would be enough for a Royal Mail claim though.
  5. sport8866

sport8866

I would imagine your right, luckily in 2 years not had to find out yet :)
  6. Gary

Gary

On small / low value items I often print a label and stick it in the postbox, not had any issues as yet but as Pete mentioned, you'd be screwed in a claim (hence only doing it with lower value items).
  7. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

I've thought about it too, but most days I have a mixture of large letters and packets, so unless I can "alter" the post box, I have to go to the post office :D
  8. fashion uk

fashion uk

Thanks alot chaps, some great advice ;)

For outside of UK i'd probably would still go over the road to the Post Office but for within UK I will seriously consider the printed label option and if one parcel gets lost I would simply send a new item anyway as I print t-shirts so they dont cost much tbh.

I will check out these dymo label printers, I have windows vista so need to make sure it works with that.
  9. fashion uk

fashion uk

I print on paper for my own book keeping and invoices and stuff, I suppose I could do pay for paypal postage and just print on paper etc, Is there no barcode that royal mail scan at the sorting office or does it still work through the document pouch?
  10. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

I can confirm they are compatible with Windows Vista. If you do go for one give me a shout as I have Dymo Compatible labels in stock. They're great quality, much cheaper than Dymo's own labels, and I use them myself on a daily basis so I can easily recommend them. I can sell you as many rolls as you require, but usually in packs of 5, 10, 20, 50 etc. I have plenty of 99014 labels in stock, but running low on 99012 which will be restocked in a few weeks.

If you need help sourcing a Dymo LabelWriter at a good price let me know. :)
  11. fashion uk

fashion uk

On ebay I have seen one for £70, Is this the going rate do you know?
    How does the Ink work with these things?
  12. sport8866

sport8866

yes there is a barcode above address but its still in view in document, I think I use the 5x7 inch ones. They fold up quite nicely into them.
    Good luck !
  13. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

There is no ink included. It uses thermal printing technology to print the labels. So all you ever need to do is buy more labels when you run out. I couldn't match £70 if that's including delivery. That's a very good price, and I'd urge you to go ahead and get one bought before they are sold out. Is that the listing with 8 remaining?
  14. fashion uk

fashion uk

It is indeed yeah and postage is Free, I doubt the 2yr Warranty comes with it but I'll take a chance I think. if it saves me time by not going in the posting office and also enables me to guarentee they go as a large letter then it will almost pay for itself within the first week anyway,
  15. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

It will be 2 years included with Dymo, and an extra year if you register it with Dymo online.
  16. fashion uk

fashion uk

Does anyone have a Dymo and use it for UK eBay/Paypal Postage and with Internet Explorer. I was doing some reseach before jumping in and buying and I have read there is an issue with Paypal UK and the Dymo.

Even on this forum a while back there was posts regarding it, Just wondered if there is now a fix for it?
  17. fashion uk

fashion uk

I'll take a chance and if Paypal UK/eBay doesn't work with it I'll just use smartstamp.
  18. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Does anyone use one of them vacuum packers? Any good?
  19. fashion uk

fashion uk

I had a mate that use to sell gaming controllers, he used a grip seal bag, place the controller in and then suck the air out with an ordinary vacum/hoover.

It use to work for him, might be worth giving that a try with something non valuable first.

Wether or not it stayed tight during transit is another matter but at the time it made him feel better lol.
  20. JermaineR8

JermaineR8