1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Postage Costs for T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by fashion uk, Jun 12, 2012.

1. fashion uk

fashion uk

Yeah that's the DYMO 450, Antil-Hero said it's decent and that is a decent price for it, I noticed at staples it's alot more expensive.

I just spoke to a guy at DYMO and he said it is compatbale with Paypal UK and eBay, he said I would need the 99019 labels to do this,.
  2. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Found these but I wonder why they are so cheap?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sieko-99019...V8NI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339583892&sr=8-3

Compare to these at £99.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYMO-SEIK...l_Supplies_Labels_LE&var=&hash=item1c273c6946
  3. fashion uk

fashion uk

4. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

Just be aware that some of those really cheap labels you see use a really low quality adhesive that doesn't properly stick your labels on and can come off during shipping. The labels I supply are extremely good, as I use them myself and have had no problems with them. If you need labels let me know what size and how many and I will get you a price.

Did you consider Royal Mail Online postage as an alternative? I use two labels (size 99012) each parcel, one with the address and one with the royal mail stamp, and I've found it to be very cost effective.

Quick pick of how it looks.

[​IMG]
  5. fashion uk

fashion uk

Ordered my DYMO 450 this morning.

If it doesn't work with eBay/paypal postage then I will use Smartstamp for sure.

Thanks for all your help and advice, I might need more of it if I can't get it to work LOL
  6. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

Quick update on the Maxi PiP boxes. I tried a Polo shirt in and I think it's too bulky to go through, but Large and XL large T-shirts should be fine provided they aren't of a really thick material. I will check with some other T-shirts just to confirm and test them through a RM template to make sure :)
  7. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Let us know how it goes..
  8. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Luckily I wont be selling Polo shirts, just standard t shirts of a standard to lightweight material.
  9. fashion uk

fashion uk

My DYMO arrived this afternoon, very impressed with it, I've not done the Online Postage bit of it yet as I'm waiting for bigger labels to arrive.

I only got some small thin labels with the product which I have played about with and just printed some addresses off, very quick and easy to use.

So far very impressed, hopefully the eBay/Paypal buying postage online runs as smooth !!!
  10. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

Another update, I tried a slightly thicker than normal large T-shirt and packed it up nicely, and took it to the post office to ask if it was ok as a large letter and she said yes. I'll try to get an XL T-shirt to try soon, so you know what definitely does and doesn't fit. Attached is a quick photo (ignore the brown tape I just packed it super quick :p) of the maxi pip box with T-shirt packed inside.

Attached Files:

craftystylez likes this.
  11. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Thanks

Seems like you go that extra mile, hopefully the XL will fit too

Do the boxes have a self seal already on them?
  12. SimonN

SimonN

Why use a box? Surely there's extra thickness with the cardboard?
  13. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Because the box can keep the item compact, and sometimes packets need to be posted as small packets. The difference in postage costs between large letter and small packet are huge.
  14. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

They have two little bits that push down into two slits which will hold it in place, but obviously you need to tape it up well too. I'd actually recommend using a tape gun to tape them with some decent clear packing tape, to make sure it's as tight as possible to prevent it bulging over the 2.5cm. Will let you know asap about the XL.

The cardboard box helps to maintain the shape and keep it below 2.5cm.
  15. Phari

Phari

I have sold t-shirts on line for over 8 years now and you should get even an 2XL as a large letter. i always pack in a plastic bag and then inside a mailing bag. With polo shirts you can get a XL as a large letter but anything bigger becomes a packet.
  16. fashion uk

fashion uk

My labels arrived for the dymo 450 I purchased the 99019 ones 190mmx59mm

I used my ebay/paypal to purchase the postage, I go through to the print label part and I get the preview with with security printed across it etc... Then when I go to print the Print comes out really really tiny and doesn't fit to the size of the label. Does anyone have any ideas of why it's doing this please.

I went to advanced properties and made usre it was set to the labels I am using, which it is but still when i print out it's very small in the centre of the label and I have huge wasted area both sides which aint a problem but postage address and stuff hardly readable.

The only time it's readable is if I select None on the page scaling bit but then when prints i lose half of the print, if I do scale to fit or shrink it just really really small.
  17. Neil@Postal Options

Neil@Postal Options

Hi all,

If you're sending 50 packets or 250 Letters/Large Letters a day then we have a service where you don't need to print the postage and could save you up to 30% on Royal Mail 2nd Class prices. Feel free to check out our Free Cost Reduction service at www.postal-options.co.uk We've identified more than £1.2m in savings for customers since the Royal Mail price increase was imposed. Maybe you could benefit too?

Cheers,
    Neil.
  18. fashion uk

fashion uk

Problem I have with that is I cannot guarentee 50 packets a day let alone 250.

Especially the way my eBay Sales are going of late, Had one of my poorest days yesterday.
  19. Neil@Postal Options

Neil@Postal Options

Sorry to her that yesterday was so quiet. I'm considering setting up a web-based database of companies that are interested in clubbing together to combine their volumes. I'd be interested to know if you think this would be of interest to smaller sellers that are located near to each other?

We'd ask interested companies to register their details and mail volumes at our website and then we'd get interested parties together to see if a joint deal would work for them. The two companies would need to make sure that their packets were available for collection at one address.

What do you think? Could this work?
  20. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

I think this type of merger of mail at one address should only be done with someone you can trust, not just a random selected because they are near by.

On a side note, just curious. The service is free, so how do you make money?