1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Postage Costs for T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by fashion uk, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

I would imagine hes getting a commission for introducing us to the new provider.

To the point above, that sounds like a good idea.
  2. Neil@Postal Options

Neil@Postal Options

Good point regarding trust between members.

We charge the mail providers a flat admin fee for setting up the contract between you and them. We don't receive any ongoing commissions so all of the savings are passed directly to you. We also have an Account Manager appointed by the provider to look after you and take care of implementation.

Some companies have tried to get a better deal by going direct but so far we've not been beaten. I negotiated a really good tariff for 'low volume' customers who typically would be paying full tariff if they applied direct to the mail providers. We also speed up the process (possible to get contracts signed same day in some cases).
  3. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

I'm not trading yet but hope to soon, if I could post 50 a day I would be very happy.

Two questions..

What would happen if you agree to 50 parcels a day but one day you can only post 49? Technically it is under 50, so would it be ok or breach the contract?

And two, sales can be sporadic, one day you may post 70, then the next maybe 40. What would happen here, if the contract says 50 a day?
  4. Neil@Postal Options

Neil@Postal Options

Royal Mail is rigid when it comes to volumes and their terms and conditions but the other providers are more flexible and have a more customer-centric approach to how they apply agreements. You'll not be penalized for the odd day where you don't reach 50. Account Managers would tend to review their customer's volumes on a monthly basis and assuming you average more than 50/day you should be fine. If you were regularly below 50/day then the provider could come back to you and terminate services if it was not commercially viable for them. Typically, there would be a notice period so you could manage a move back to Royal Mail safely and maintain service to your customers.