1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Product & brand development, sourcing and marketing

Discussion in 'Sourcing & Freight Services' started by consultant, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consultant

consultant

As per my introduction, my background is in product and brand development, sourcing and marketing.

Having bought over 3 million TV's, 1 million audio systems, several million portable audio units, from Asia and Europe, designed and developed dozens of products, done the main brand a product marketingand dealt with the biggest names in retail and supply; I can safely say I know a little about trading!

About 5 years ago I broke the corporate shackles and set up an innovative marketing company, which has just been sold to a larger entity, and 3 years ago, got back into electronics/electrical by launching a major global brand in the UK. More recently, I have been involved in developing and launching several products and brands. This has giving me great experience in small business management.

I have come to the conclusion that I am as much a commodity then what I have been working with.

To this end, I am starting to work with smaller companies and startups, to help develop, source and market their own items. Like the Dragons Den, I bring a wealth of experience to the party, unlike DD, I do not bring money. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as a lot of projects you see on DD do not need lots of money, they need knowledge, experience, guidance and contacts!

Maybe I am a 'Director On Demand'!

The price? Well, a lot cheaper than 40% of YOUR company or what the top 4 charge!!! I am happy to briefly discuss any projects, dilemmas, plans, in the open or under NDA. Once this has happened, I would suggest a meeting (face to face OR via MSN, Skype, etc), which discusses thing in more details - this could be a couple hours to a day, which will cost £100. After that, a more detailed plan can be developed and my participation can be discussed. The costs then move to either between £400-1000 per day or based on project deliverables.

The other thing I can contribute is resources/contacts - in the UK, Europe and Asia; sourcing, production even, possibly fundraising.

Anyway, that's enough of the advert!

I hope I can help some of you personally! In the first instance, PM me!
  2. Cholera

Cholera

The facetious amongst us would say "Your house must be very big to have that many TV's" [ahem, not me!]...but I must say that this is a very impressive resume.

People like you are like Gold dust, as you seem to have walked the walk even better than you talk the talk...most marketing peeps are good at marketing themselves, I have found :OP Not their clients though.

I look forward, I must say, to hearing of some of your past experiences and reaping all your wisdom and saving meself £1k a day...errr, I mean, reading of your interesting anecdotes ;p

I actually believe your words [an achievement in itself], there are some clues in there which make me realise you are not full of BS.

Mike
  3. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Certainly a great intro and I'm sure you can offer concise advice to this forum. Welcome!
  4. consultant

consultant

I hope some of the comments I have made have already been useful and/or enlightening!

As for the £1k, that is for very specific projects and tasks. If you want to suck all my knowledge dry in a day or two, it has to be that much. If it is a project over a few days or weeks, it is no where near that! In reality, it is closer to the lower end, on average. Anybody who has dealt with a big consultancy will know that you wont get change out of £1500-£2000 a day for partner level input and, in reality, most of them only turn up for lunch or to collect a cheque!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.