1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Purchasing End Of Line Stock/surplus Stock

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by amar, May 30, 2006.

1. amar

amar

Hi ALL

Im looking to buy in pallets of end of line stock or returned stock from high street chains such as argos, dixons etc

Does anyone know whats the best way to do this? any suppliers out there?

e.g I have tried to contact argos directly over the phone about it but not got far.

Any advice/tips would be appreciated people.

Thanks
  2. AALG_Andy

AALG_Andy

Amar,

There is definitely a few companies selling by the pallet listed in Richards new website simplywholesale.co.uk give them a try.

Andy
  3. Richard

Richard

All of the main chains have agreements with specific wholesalers who buy all of their returns. You won't be able to phone places like Argos and expect them to sell to you unless you can agree to take everything they want to give you regardless of quantity/condition etc. In other words, unless you have extremely deep pockets, several lorries and a huge warehouse [​IMG]

As Andy says above, there are several catalogue/chain store wholesalers listed in the wholesale directory in the members area of SimplyWholesale (banners at the top and bottom of this page) and also some specific pallet deals in the 'Wholesale Offers' section.

Be aware that unless you buy graded stock, you will be buying the unknown and will get some stock that is damaged/broken/has parts missing. If it is graded/checked, then the products should all be working and complete (this stock is sometimes referred to as reconditioned and has been checked by the original manufacturer).

Hope that helps!
  4. muny4us2

muny4us2

I buy pallets weekly that come from Walmart K-mart Coles Sears.They do usually make decent money.I use E-bay and a retail store also.In my case I will usually throw or give away 25% of it.Returns is just what the name implies.
  5. jayjrc

jayjrc

stockauctions or stock shifters
  6. JustCraig

JustCraig

Gem are probably the bigest suppliers of Argos returns. They also have a sister company which supplies containers too.

There are a few ocompanys who supply pallets on http://www.thetrader.co.uk/

Also worth looking in the marketplace on the forum, or even post something in the wanted section.
  7. Hodson

Hodson

This thread is from 2006 so I doubt the original poster is still around.

I do have access to end of line pallets however if people are interested.
  8. JustCraig

JustCraig

lol....you have a point there.
  9. Hodson

Hodson

I'm just about to go out but thought I would give a quick response to this first.

All the pallets are different, ranging from toys through to furniture. This also means that the prices are different but they are going to be quite high (so will need some capital) but they will be highly discounted from the RRP.

Once I get back in later this afternoon I will get some more details and post them up in here.