1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Recommended sourcing agent in China?

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by mk2_dee, Oct 19, 2014.

1. mk2_dee

mk2_dee

hi

i am looking to import from china for the 1st time properly. i have used sites like aliexpress etc before for small orders, but i am looking for a specific line of products for my ebay shop, and i want the make sure i can get the best price and also good quality and i am looking for any forum members recommendations of sourcing agents that they have used.

does sourcing agents also manage logistics etc ?

thanks mk2_dee
  2. roseyrebel

roseyrebel

hi, if you have purchased from a reliable source on Aliexpress/Alibaba, why not contact them direct and speak to them. I have found them very helpful and now can send them designs that they make up for me. It's really all about talking to suppliers yourself and making personal contact. The more they know about you and your "vision" the more they are likely to help you x
    raymond xu likes this.
  3. IMEX Sourcing Services

IMEX Sourcing Services

Hi,

You may want to consider us. We have a lot of clients on the forums here who have been using our services and as UK is our main market we can manage the entire process, right from supplier shortlisting to getting the goods to your door, including contracts, inspections, advisory, etc. I would be happy to send over more details, if you could drop me an email via the website with some more details about your sourcing requirements.

Thanks
    Ash
  4. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA

We offer a free sourcing service for TWF members.

We also offer an A to Z service from the factory, delivered to your door, including UK customs clearance.

For more information feel free to contact me directly at: [email protected]
  5. Red Valley

Red Valley

Hi there

Please check out our website and send over an email, we would be more than happy to help you =)
  6. Leo at Deliveringchina

Leo at Deliveringchina

I would recommend speaking to your current Chinese contacts and see what they can do, sellers from Aliexpress is usually pretty flexible and can give you similar prices that you would get quoted on Alibaba. When you got the sales rolling you could come over here to China and source the items yourself once in a while, that is what I did before moving over here permanently.
  7. TECHLUX

TECHLUX

@Leo at Deliveringchina Hi Leo so what made you move out there permanently?
  8. Leo at Deliveringchina

Leo at Deliveringchina

@TECHLUX Quite a few reasons :) The main reason is probably that when I started reselling I never kept any of my own stock and payed the supplier first when I got an order (dropshipping). This led to long waiting times and high purchasing costs for me because the supplier bought my items from another supplier first after I made an order. By moving here I were able to keep my own stock and cut out the middle-man. And the weather is better here than Sweden as well!
  9. Charles Liao

Charles Liao

Well, actually you can talk with the seller on Aliexpress or DHgate(Similar to Aliexpress) and directly. Usually they could speak English.
    And send them some designs to see if they can meet you need.
    Most importantly, make sure whether they have good customer service, cause the price is very similar to each suppliers. The good customer service makes them different.
    I am a sorcing agent from Aliexpress and DHgate. Hope it would help. Nice day.
    raymond xu likes this.
  10. raymond xu

raymond xu

Exactly what I try to point out as well. Talk to suppliers directly. Not all suppliers are honest, Not all sourcing agents are reliable either.

11. China Sourcing 2

China Sourcing 2

Pls google this article as I cannot put a link, written by Global Sources:
    Types of sourcing and QC inspection agencies in China;
    list of 11 verified companies
  12. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA

Questions you should ask a sourcing agent, before using them:

1. With what products do they have sourcing experience.?

2. How long have they been a sourcing agent?

3. What specific products have they sourced related to your product requirements?

4. What is the process of finding the best factory suited to your product?

5. How many factories will they contact before ascertain the best factory?

6. What is the process of finding suitable factories?

7. How many samples will they request from factories to ascertain the best price and best quality?

8. What will be their responsibilities with regards to confirming the sample, quality control, certification, order processing, export documentation, shipping, UK forwarding & delivery to your door?

9. Who will be your contact throughout the processes of point 8?

10. What bank account will payments be made to?

11. Request a contract to detail the processes and all costs that are likely to be incurred from A to Z.

12. Will they provide an after sales service?

13. Is English their first language?

14. Are they licenced?

15. What are their fees & are there any other related costs?

16. Who specifically will be doing the sourcing, identifying the best factory, requesting, amending & approving the sample, performing the quality control inspections & will you be able to contact the person when required for updates?

17. What is the timeline from receiving your instructions to getting a sample as well as the production run?

18. Will they arrange all the packaging, labeling, branding and any required certification?

19. Do they have testimonials or references you can request?

20. Do they have physical offices in China, with a landline, mobile or other means of instant communication?

After you receive all their answers, ask yourself how confident you are to give them your product to handle.

(I could have included many more questions to ask, but what I have included should be the bare minimum).

My advice is to contact 3 different agents and choose who all of your boxes.
  13. Wobbs

Wobbs

Hi everyone,
    I always use a sourcing agent when importing, even when its from a manufacturer I've used before. I believe you can not take the risk of poor quality, its too late when the shipment arrives to discover poor quality goods. Maybe I am being a little too cautious, but, with the poor exchange rate which will probably last for some time I need to make some cutbacks. The sourcing agent I use is a little pricey so I'm looking for another hence the request for recommendations . I want someone to take care of the negotiations, quality control inspections and shipping. Any tips and advice would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
  14. rodney beech

rodney beech

maybe you could help me leo and i can help you..im in the uk looking to import from guangdong ,contact me please