1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Recommended Suppliers

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by RayVon, Feb 10, 2007.

1. RayVon

RayVon

I was reading the thread on Trade Key earlier and one thing that struck me is that there is a lot of threads about sites to avoid and scammers but not so many listing companies that are recommended.

Can we have a section that lists recommended suppliers not sites providing lists because this will always have some scammers listed.
    Name actual wholesale sites and sites that you use - the web is a huge place so sharing your supplier with other forum members will not put you out of business will it? and of course the more customers the suppliers have the better the deals.

Can we have a section split into categories ie psp's, ipod etc, crafts, computer equipment, clothes etc etc
    and then have listed tried and tested suppliers that offer good cheap deals that EVERYONE on this site is actually looking for! :niceone:
  2. Anthony

Anthony

The service you are asking for a lot of companies in the wholesale industry actually charge a good deal of money for!

We like to help people out here but it's frustrating when people expect all the work to be done for them. You cannot be expected to have suppliers hand fed to you.

"Can we make a thread where I can get a fully functioning business and make money in seconds please" ? :\
  3. afb.enterprises

afb.enterprises

I can see what you are saying RayVon as it a very hard and frustrating out in the market place, but i would have to agree with Anthony you wont find many people that will hand there suppliers over unless they are leaving the trade altogether even then i expect they would charge you for the information.:niceone:
    Good luck in your hunt.

Regards

Chris
    AFBEnterprises.
  4. RayVon

RayVon

So really you are saying is go out here keep the scammers pockets lined because we are not going to point you in the right direction!:\

I'm not asking for you to set us up a website and drive the traffic to the site that is the hardest part of any online business.

All I was suggesting was a possitive addition to the forum to help save many of us newbies a lot of wasted money.
  5. afb.enterprises

afb.enterprises

I believe Anthony has done that buy having a vetted sales section in this forum.
    Where you can buy with confidence also there is also genuine suppliers out there and there is a section here where you can talk and ask advise from fellow traders who can help you with you research.

Regards

Chris
    AFBEnterprises.
  6. BillyA

BillyA Retired Moderator

Not to be overly harsh RayVon, but...

Why should experienced traders just hand over their hard-sought-out suppliers to newbies? To create competition for themselves?

If I gave you my best suppliers for free, what would you do? Probably buy from them and then compete against me - right?

I ask you: If you found a really great source that was making you money, would you give it up for free?
  7. Oddjob

Oddjob

Maybe someone might give you info who won't be in competition with you , if you find a supplier and you need advice by almeans ask the forum about them.
  8. ollie35

ollie35

Erm Ray-Von

You are really cannot expect anybody to pass on suppliers, this is just a un-thought out request.

Can you imagine someone on here that sells to forum members and ebay, internet etc, to list their suppliers for hundreds of forum members to see. This would be insane and he would be looking for a new supplier himself leaking that info out.

This person had to do, what you should and put in some hard work and find them, this forum advises you and points you in the right direction, the rest is up to you. You talk about scammers as though it is the forums fault, erm is there not a section set out for this to advise on this also.

This forum is as near as I have found for pointing people in the right direction, buying and selling is very, very competitive and when you find a good, reliable supplier who you can make a profit from, then you keep it to yourself. I am sure you would do the same, too many people want it on a plate and don't want to put any work in.
  9. glasshaus

glasshaus

without this forum i would be out of pocket thousands, but thanks to the guys here im not, that in its self is more valuable than a couple of supplier details.
  10. YNWA

YNWA

Come on be realistic, no one is going to give away their suppliers. What is wrong with the for sale section or mine and Mad wholesales affiliate section? you are at very least getting reliable suppliers, with good prices for free.
  11. Tech Load

Tech Load

Hello RayVon,

I can see you probably won't get your wish for a list of recommended suppliers.:mad:

However if its any consolation... Tech Load Ltd is a forum registered seller and supplies PSP, PS3, Nintendo DS & Wii, iPod, Mobile Phones & Accessories, Console Games and Gaming Accessories, Digital Memory and some more products in the consumer electronics and accessories industry.

You can get more info on stock and prices by opening a trade account here - http://www.techload.co.uk/account-application.htm

If you have any further questions please post below or feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Ozy
  12. RayVon

RayVon

Thanks for the contact Ozy .

I think there is a bit of a missunderstanding on the forum as to what I was asking for - I have been search for a number of years for perhaps the ideal opportunity but have wasted alot of money and become very frustrated with the sites that promise the world but were just after your membership fee. I just aired a thought for an idea for the site.

I fully understand what many replies to this subject has said that why would they give their main contacts over - perhaps i'm too nieve in that sense, because the first thing I did when I joined this forum a few weeks ago was give out the names of suppiers I have used in the past with some sucess.

One very big lesson I've learnt is that profit margins are no where near what I have sought and 10%-15% profits is the norm.

I realise I've touched a nerve with some members - sorry guys this is really out of frustration at the time and money I have wasted in the past and also "if you don't ask you'll never know " assumption.

Thanks for the Private messages of support and contacts - most appreciated:niceone:
  13. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Trade magazines is one of your best sources to find suppliers!

Scott
  14. GLS Games

GLS Games

I understand your position RayVon, it can be very hard and frustrating when looking for suppliers, getting ripped off can make it costly as well.

I would just advise to keep putting in work, stick to this forum and read up on the articles and useful information given by experienced and successful traders of which there are many here.

When you find the suppliers you seek its that bit more rewarding and worth it in the end!

It took me the best part of a year to actively find a supplier who would meet my expectations in terms of profit and service, nearly getting ripped off, tearing my hair out, thinking i was on to something then i wasn't, you name it.

Just like buses they all came along at once, I now have about 4 who operate in my field of interest and can turn to for advice, help and to compare prices ;) While searching for all of these i had some valuable time reading on what was the steps to make the deals successful and how to conduct myself and operate my business, so i was still learning in the long run.

It can be done though, i'm now making steady money and enjoying it...

Good Luck!
  15. tom456

tom456

I don't think many forum members would apreciate that section - people spend a lot of time and money looking for there suppliers and checking there legitimacy. Why should they just give all of this information away and at the same time destroy the 'for-sale' section. The forum is full of valuable information if anyone takes some time to read through it they will see this.

However, a simular thing has been done:
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/articles/1383-check-out-wholesale-guide-download.html

If your looking for suppliers then have a look through this.
  16. Pacotx

Pacotx

Dued. I don't think anyone on this forum would give up a real good supplier. They spent way to much time looking for one and if they did everyone would go to that supplier and he wouldn't be able to keep up with the business (like brvsuppliers). I spent half a year looking for a good ipod supplier and when I found one I still got scamed! :(
    Andrew
  17. glasshaus

glasshaus

yes u gave out 123wholesales details but everyone has come across them at one point. so you didnt really give out a good worthwhile contact that people could make loads of money on.

i know most of the suppliers for the sellers on the forsale section but to release that information on a free to view website like this would be terrible for the sellers, they would lose lots of money!

when i first joined i posted a thread like this and got the same response, thats because i was new to business, in time when you find good suppliers then you will know the true value that they represent to you, and you will feel the delight it brings, but believe me, you wont let anyone know who they are!