1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

ronaldthompson on ioffer

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by givusadeal, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givusadeal

givusadeal

This guy conned me outta US$390 for some A&F shirts on ioffer (should have funking known)

Anyway, he goes by this username and his details were given to me as:

User ID of Seller: ronaldthompson
    Seller's Email Address: psicorporation609@yahoo.com
    Seller's Name: Ronald Thompson
    Seller's Address: 2445 W Bancroft apt # 8, Toledo, OH 43607

I paid through paypal, who I now think are a bunch of spineless c***ts. They "can't do anything" as theres no money in his paypal account - and here I was thinking that paypal was fairly safe.

I've laid a complaint with the IFCC and i'm not sure what more I can do. I'd love to mess up his chevy chase.

Anyone know any good free sites for tracking down email addresses from header information? Then I could contact the local authorities.
  2. Anthony

Anthony

Sorry to hear about your loss,

Have you informed your bank as well... perhaps they can do things that paypal can't... :\

Anthony
  3. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

One of the reasons I am not keen on ioffer, the site is great and the concept is great but unfortunately they are starting to fall foul of the scammers. Its great if the seller is in your country as you can go pick up the goods etc but when dealing with other countries etc it is wide open to abuse.

The site and the owners are 100% legit, just some idiots are taking advantage now..
  4. givusadeal

givusadeal

Yea, i'm onto my bank aswell and they're investigating. Fingers crossed and all that...

ioffer is a good concept, but like you say - there are a lot of dodgy deals on there, a lot of fakes and the owners are poor at moderating.
  5. Anthony

Anthony

Well best of luck with it all...

Let us know how you get on... :)

Anthony
  6. guru4us

guru4us

ioffer is turning into a bit of a joke now. too many dodgy dealers on there. hope you get your money back!
  7. givusadeal

givusadeal

Just thought i'd say thank christ for Visa, my bank refunded this cash.... wicked.
  8. Oddjob

Oddjob

why not try somewhere like janesdeals they accept escrow so you will get your goods before the money is handed over to the seller
  9. Anthony

Anthony

Good Stuff... see people.. its always best to follow things up! Only then do you stand a chance of getting your money back.

Well Done.. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.