1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Running a prize draw on website

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Warrior Hunters, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Hi everyone
    Ive not been on here for a while due to work commitments.
    I Just want some advice and mainly an opinion on one of my website pages.

I hope I will be allowed to show my link as im not advertising in any way.
    What I mean by this is I have just decided i want to run a competition for my customers on my website.
    I am offering the winner over £250 worth of goods for a one off entry fee of £2

I am going to advertise using my email subscriber list and hope it goes well.

I just want a few opinions as this part is very new to me and have set up my competition page without any advise or anything like that. I hope doing this will give it a raw feel and trial and error avoided.

https://warriorhunters.co.uk/product/win-this-hunting-hamper-worth-over-100/

That is the actual link to my page and i have also added a re direct to a thank you for entering page once subscribers pay the £2.

I know many may see this as a scam but I have personally taken the picture of the prize and will hand it out once the competition is over.

My plan would be to run a different competition maybe once a month or so and hopefully attract new and excisting customers to buy my normal products.

Do you think this can help with extra traffic and does anyone know were else i could promote these comps and please dont say FB :) I want different avenues rather than FB with possibly FREE solutions.

Thank you in advance
  2. ukclearance

ukclearance

I would ensure what you are offering in your prize draw is on the right side of the UK law by checking this info from the gambling commissions website
    http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.u...ns/Commercial-schemes/Prize-competitions.aspx

I would recommend you do a free giveaway rather than charging £2 entry as there are lot of other business that give away prizes of that value without any entry fee and if it is not for a charity you probably wont get many takers. I have done free giveaways before where to enter the customer had to sign up to my newsletter, tweet about the website or share our store on facebook and it does create some traffic from social media. There are website that you can post your competitions on to get extra promotions for it but they usually only accept prize draws that are free to enter. You can also use 3rd party tools such as Rafflecopter who will manage the prize draw entries for you making sure the customer does the task before their entry is accepted and tracking IP addresses, email etc for multiple entries from the same person.