1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Sample Cost from China

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Joby, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Joby

Joby

Hi I have sourced a product and requested a sample price which they have given me $8 + $18 delivery x 1.053 = $27.5 I can't understand the reason for the uplift and as I am new to this don't want to ask them and look like a newbie, any help would be greatly appreciated ☺
  2. YIDA.XIA

YIDA.XIA

I think you should directly ask them .
    accroding to china tax rule,delivery fee(Express shipping) the VAT is 11%,not 5.3%,so I think the uplife is not VAT. Maybe the uplift is their handling charge.
    Below is rule:
    《财政部、国家税务总局关于将铁路运输和邮政业纳入营业税改征增值税试点的通知》(财税〔2013〕106号)并没有出现快递业的概念。从业务形式看,快递企业的业务主要包括收派服务及交通运输业服务。快递中的收件、分拣、派送服务,按照“收派服务”适用6%的税率,交通运输服务适用11%的税率。一般纳税人的收派服务可选择适用简易计税办法,按照3%的征收率缴纳增值税。
  3. Joby

Joby

Thank you....I will ask them
  4. ylliu6688

ylliu6688

direct check with supplier is the fast way to get things clear...
  5. bargainrocks

bargainrocks

It maybe the transaction fee if you use paypal.