1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Closed Saving you money on shipping and freight forwarding costs

Discussion in 'Sourcing & Freight Services' started by Import Expert, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golf Toon

Golf Toon

My apologies, to be clearer, I mean shipping from China to UK, and from China to Thailand.
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi,

Yes of course. Pleased drop me some details to (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  3. kariem

kariem

Hi Darren,

I am very interested in exporting business and have lots of questions about freight. As I am interested in exporting Ice Cream from UK to West Africa. However, there are lots of processes involved due to Ice Cream being very delicate product to transport by road or sea and also to store.
    It seems that I have lots of questions that will require your expertise. I have sent you an email and looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks in Advance.

Kariem
  4. Import Expert

Import Expert

Dear Kariem,

Many thanks. I will get back to you on email shortly.

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  5. seun

seun

Hi Darren

I joined this forum just so that I could get some advice/help from you. I have just co-founded a company in the UK and we are getting some packaging from China, using CIF ( apologise if this is used out of context, just getting my head about all the terms).

Our import is relativity very small but my supplier said that 'our local charges' in the UK might be even higher than our purchase.

I have looked around the net and found your company, can you please help ( I need to order but want to find out out 'our local charges')

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Seun
  6. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi Seun,

Thanks for getting in touch (and welcome to TWF!).

Correct in that CIF terms can result in some unexpected costs on arrival UK. (And well done to your supplier for warning you of this!).

Drop me over and email with the shipment details and I'll be able to advise your best option. I will need to know:

Your company details
    Suppliers Address
    Delivery Address
    Weight
    Cube

My email address is (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  7. Urbanity Kids

Urbanity Kids

Hi Darren, we are a newly start up company from Singapore and we would like to import some kids' clothing from UK. Would like to find out from you but I couldn't see your email in this thread.
  8. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi,

Please feel free to drop me over an email to (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  9. landsendsolo

landsendsolo

Hi Darren,

Looking to get some goods collected in Beijing, China then delivered to my door in the UK and have a few questions to see if your company can assist, can you please supply email and I will send you the details.

Thanks,
    Les
  10. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi Les,

No problem at all. Please drop me over some details to (Email Hidden for Privacy).

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  11. Import Expert

Import Expert

12. M&RMetal

M&RMetal

Hi Darren,

we are interested in transporting goods from China to Estonia (Muuga Port). Did I understand correctly that Woodland will ship all goods via UK ports?
    We are in the final phase of selecting a reputable seller (backround checks, on-site visits etc) and also registering a company in HK to get closer to mainland China, so it will probably take another month to get things going but when they do, I'd like to be sure we have the finest freight forwarder as well. Regards.
  13. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Some goods will ship via UK Ports, some will ship directly - Really depends on a few factors such as cost/transit time & service reliability. Either way I'm sure we can assist.

Once you have an idea of shipment sizes/frequency, let me know and I can make some enquiries here. (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  14. roadhouse

roadhouse

Hi Darren,

We are a company based in UK and basically selling online on ebay and amazon since last 6-7 months. We normally use to import from express courier and now we are planning to import in a high quantity which obviously is expensive with them so would like to use Air Freight services but I'm totally new to this service. So, could you please let me know if there are any minimum weight for these services and what type of document are needed from our supplier and from here in UK in order to receive our goods in the door. I'm strongly looking to use woodland for all these service but if you could please explain me the normal charges for it and the required document I need to give to woodland and the total time to deliver the item once it arrive in UK then that would be really helpful. Thanks in advance :)
  15. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi,

Many thanks for getting in touch - I'm sure we can assist with this.

There is no minimum weight as such for commercial airfreight, but will be a tipping point where courier service will cost more/less, but we will always advise you of the cheapest option.

If you could kindly drop me over an email with shipment details and your company details I can get you a formal quote arranged and answer any specific questions you may have.

(Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  16. ArthurLT

ArthurLT

Hi Darren

Can you provide more info of how goods can be shipped from China? Talking about quite a small parcel (around 13-15kg), I have few more questions but would like to ask them in private, how can I contact you?
  17. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi ArthurLT,

For that size you would need to use a courier service. Your supplier should be able to provide you with a price through to door.

You can contact me via PM on here or via (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
  18. BoostMe

BoostMe

Hi Darren,

I would like to speak to you about importing an order from China, I am at the point of order and need to sort the shipping forwarder, I have tried to PM you on here but just cannot find the button to do so? Could you forward me your email to get the ball rolling?

Cheers
    Matt
    Import Expert likes this.
  19. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi Matt,

No problem at all. You can drop an email over to me at (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Kind regards,
    Darren.
    BoostMe likes this.
  20. BoostMe

BoostMe

Hi Darren,

I can't see your email, it just says:

"No problem at all. You can drop an email over to me at (Email Hidden for Privacy)"

Cheers
    Matt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.