1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

SCAMMER - DSTANLEY

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by PremImports, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PremImports

PremImports

Has anyone have any information for this scumbag who approached my daughter on a stock wanted post and sold her trainers . Said delivery would be Monday yet he is not answering any emails since monday and was sending frequent emails trying to sell her more .She sent money as friends / family so not covered. , she is only 16 and unfortunately put her trust into him
  2. uhafmail

uhafmail

How did she fund the transaction? If by debit card get her to do a chargeback.
  3. PremImports

PremImports

Shes saying she transferred from her card to PayPal ?? I've never heard of that . May go into bank tomorrow and ask
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

If she uploaded to Paypal then she is probably out of luck but this will have taken a few days to do. Regardless it is probably worth giving paypal a call too. Make sure not to mention the age as i believe you are meant to be 18 to use Paypal.
  5. Gary

Gary

Unfortunately as they're not an advertiser there won't be any contact information on record, how did they initially contact your daughter?

I'll tag in @Dstanley to see if they have anything to say on the matter although from their account they haven't logged in for a week.

I'll also tag in @Erik so he can decide on appropriate action on their account.
  6. PremImports

PremImports

Thanks , he sent her a pm I think then communicated threw email
  7. Gary

Gary

Could you check with her and also ask her to report the PM please as this alone goes against forum rules.

I do wish you all the best in getting a resolution to this but unfortunately options are limited and it may need chalking down to experience unless the bank or PayPal can help.

Depending on the amount in question it may not be worth going down the small claims route (if you have their address from PayPal to serve notice).
  8. Erik

Erik

Hi everyone,

Sad to know the case that had happened to your daughter @PremImports . But as Gary mentioned, we do not have any records of the user being him not an advertiser - which also is the main reason why we do not recommend (actually we prohibit it) transacting with non advertisers.

However being your daughter unknowing that this is the case, what we could now do best is to give any information we can. Anyone who does not know much of these types of scams usually has a high chance of taking the bait. As we do not have records, the only one we have, if it could help, are the IP addresses used by the suspect and the email used to register here. I wouldn't rely on it much if it is a dynamic IP but if in any case you would like to have them to be brought over to the proper authorities then you may do so ask.

Give us word if you were able to communicate with them. For now what we can do best is wait for word from you (as to how long has it been that the suspect has not communicated) and whether they have given an update or not. Let's not jump into major conclusions yet and wait until Monday perhaps as to maybe the person will reply or at least contact staff about it. What's important is to get him to talk to us and hopefully get the money back.

I'll send you a private message to ask you to send us screenshots of the conversation (private messages and emails) for our records. From there you could personally update me on what is happening and we could make actions depending on the outcome the next few days.
  9. PremImports

PremImports

Thanks I'll speak with her today
  10. PremImports

PremImports

please could you delete this thread , seller has come forward and given an explenation and paypal are refunding .
    many thanks
  11. Gary

Gary

Thank you for the update, great to hear that your daughter is getting a refund.

I will close it for now but deletion would be up to @Erik as there's still the matter of the seller selling without appropriate membership.
  12. Erik

Erik

Thanks for the update, and good to know they have come forward to contact you again for a resolution.

This thread will remain for viewing but locked from further replies. I think despite the good ending with this it will still be a great lesson to all who may come across this thread to put a point that we cannot help issues relating to non advertisers in our platform, and if the transaction goes awry it will certainly be difficult even for us to provide help.

As with what happened, I think it would just be fair to give sanctions to the seller, as they advertised here without a membership, even a consent. Worse, they pushed it via Private Messages to hide all records and make it look dodgy enough for everyone to suspect. The seller's account will be banned for this reason.

And for everyone's sake please let this be a reminder that regular members are not screened for selling in our platform. You may take a deal with them if you are confident but TWF, its staff, and moderators have no control over it, and might end up having little to no support if things go wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.