1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Seller feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by money_man, Jan 8, 2013.

1. money_man

money_man

Why is there no feedback for sellers on this forum? This should be implemented so that buyers on here know the sellers reputation. It's to easy to order something on here without knowing what kind of seller your getting involved with.
  2. liamhawes

liamhawes

arguments either side for this. Been talked about quite a few times.
  3. money_man

money_man

Why would someone be against this idea?
  4. liamhawes

liamhawes

People would need a reason to leave feedback, and why would people wan to let anyone know their suppliers.

I could be wrong but I think in the past they used to have a system (before I was here) but dropped it. People simply don't leave the feedback.
  5. Gary

Gary

As above, back when the forum was on vbulletin there was indeed an itrader rating / comment system in place but it was seldom used, I personally have no preference either way as obviously some may be happy to leave feedback but as above, there's 2 sides to every coin and others wouldn't want to create competition by saying how good a supplier is, however, this low feedback score can then have a knock on effect on advefrtisers, with having little feedback which could in turn adversely affect future sales.

Don't get me wrong, I truly can see both sides of the argument and where it could come in handy, however, members are welcome to make posts about suppliers regarding positive experiences as well as negative until such a time staff may re-implement this (if at all).
  6. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention again we're currently looking at implementing a business directory whereby feedback can be posted for advertisers. Here is an example:

directory and feedback.jpg

Currently drafting features we'd like it to do and don't - all up for the management's review, approval and implementation :)
  7. Bizi

Bizi

people usually leave feedbacks on the item thread they buy, i always do to let others know everythiing went fine
  8. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

As a new customer, even if you are assured that you are dealing with true suppliers it is always helpful to have some sort of reference in the form of reviews :)

What's nice about TWF is that most of the listed advertisers/suppliers are quite active on the forum and are openly recommend by other members too, so if you do a quick search you are sure to find a recommendation to help decide whether a certain advertiser would be good for your business or not.

Cheers!
    toysandgifts likes this.
  9. masstechoutlet

masstechoutlet

:rolleyes: Anything different from itrader, almost all forums have this tool, If you make a unique feature and also informative, something business-like consumer resourceful.

These like many platforms exchange publicly on business to business transactions. Although, as new here I would this particular platform is quite distinct already.

Also, what would be fun and an extra topping really, is the idea of implementing and integrating PayPal, or an escrow service or perhaps something advertiser friendly; like a hub to promote products with 'Buy Now' ideas.

I know is a forum and would I leave it for the idea makers, suppose it happen think of how much attention will it generate.
  10. Bizi

Bizi

your idea is good but i doubt it will be a hit on here, as almost all the wholesalers and even some buyers avoid paypal unless used for gift to keep the costs down.
  11. TheDevil

TheDevil

I have too say that 95% off my dealings on this forum take place through email once touching base on here.
    Also people take multiple different products so a combination would need too be in place.
    I feel a PayPal button would be way more trouble than its worth.
    An escrow service as well would also be a lot more trouble than it is worth as it would cause a heck off a lot of problems!

Alan
  12. Gary

Gary

Integrating some form of shopping cart has been mentioned several times (including previously by myself directly to Anthony), and it is not an idea he seems too keen about considering at this moment in time, the idea of an escrow service has also been mentioned in the past, but I believe this would mean TWF needing to take more of an active role in transactions, which staff levels mean they cannot be online 24/7, and legal ramifications which they are not trained to deal with, so as Alan mentioned, this would cause a lot of problems, it needs to be remembered that this is primarily a forum which fascilitates putting buyers in contct with sellers, where the sellers and buyers then deal directly.
    masstechoutlet likes this.
  13. masstechoutlet

masstechoutlet

Gary: Absolutely, an in-app cart with product variation, add-on and payment integration will defeat the fact as the person above commented.

Now, I understand the legal ramifications and additional staffing, which would be required handling an Escrow account/plugin and so forth managing those transactions. A similar resolution center could breakdown disputes perhaps?. PayPal in another hand, a successful partner program can be in place or/and Authorized.net to name a few, that go-between processing payments.

All this requires an extra capital, staff and testing, even if few of those mentioned features is added, I don't see why advertisers would not want to fit-in an extra buck or two.

Bitzi: Well said, isn't it plausible won't you agree that the buyer may pay the fees or as many go on doing add to the pro-forma and be gone with it. Thereby, the buyer (you) has some security, (merchant) ships the goods and with security and good intent? Requesting funds as 'gift' to avoid funds being held is something talked about between users on forums all over. But, that leaves the buyer stripped of their rights and monies.

Well this is all in good feedback which, I'm sure most people are nudding their heads, but with great ideas comes the responsibility of staff members.
  14. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Thanks everyone for your feedback, at this point there are considerations underway related to our partnership with Stock Shifters (and the facilities we could benefit from their platform - escrow included). I'd leave it for Anthony to disclose given the right time but please keep your feedback coming. We really appreciate and take them seriously :)
  15. Bizi

Bizi

dirtecly buying on twf means more buyers, more buyers means more competition of same stuff in ebay/amazon, it will benefit sellers but not buyers.
    also now SS is part of TWF family so maybe they should start one membership option for sellers for both platforms and there will be no need to disfigure traditional TWF. the direct buying option will also destroy the real communication with your seller.
    the biggest disadvantage would be if TWF will come between transaction they would try to keep some commission which will increase the price for both buyers and sellers and twf wont be the ideal place to buy your joblots then.
    there will be a big legal side to be covered aswell TWF could get sued if some member sells grey imports etc trading agency will be following sellers as they will know thats where people buy/sell wholesale.

my opinion twf should never consider this kinda option as its a huge step could ruin things on the other hand, they can use SS to act as agent / middleman