1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Selling in bulk

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Jonathanhannon, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jonathanhannon

Jonathanhannon

My partner has a separate business idea to me, which is making personalised scrabble frames for all occasions. She has tried listing them on Facebook, eBay, Gumtree, shpock just to gather interest in them and hopefully get orders coming in, however orders seem to be very slow coming in so would anybody know what is the best way to sell them or can you recommend a craft shop which would be interested in purchasing something like this? Or is it best to just pay a fee to eBay and try and set up a online store?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated .
    Thanks for reading
  2. ebafy

ebafy

Jonathan, try Etsy for anything related to crafts and personalised goods.

They are selling but like anything these days... competition is vast. My advice is to stack them high and sell them cheap. Even the modest of price drops can cripple the majority of sellers. If your partner can go in at £9.99 then she should see sales.

Source: https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=scrabble frame

Once they are moving, tap into other lucrative creative crafts, repeat and scale things up.
    newsmaker1 and Jonathanhannon like this.
  3. Jonathanhannon

Jonathanhannon

Thank you very much i will look into that. Any other help from anybody is very much appreciated.
  4. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I too have been a seller of personalised frames in the past although never gone down the scrabble road. I personally see far to many people selling these things, some very nice and others just so tacky so it really depends what your combining the scrabble letters with and how the final frame might look. I'm seeing lots of sellers now combining light up frames using tree lights within the frame but again in my opinion most I've seen are terrible and I wouldn't ever consider buying such a thing although I do see some sales on ebay. The price point on the likes of ebay for standard scrabble frames ranges from £16.99-£21.99. Taking into the cost of a deep frame and postage costs you might be left with anything from £5.00-£8.00 profit at the end which is not a bad mark up depending on how much work goes into making it. I can't see you getting wholesale orders as normally scrabble frames work best as personalised items so selling on ebay, amazon, etsy. facebook and even trying NOTONTHEHIGHSTREET aswell although the later are quite strict with who they allow to sell as they don't appear to like lots of people selling the same sort of things but might be work giving it a go.

With regards to generic scrabble frames with words I can't see many shops being interested in purchasing such things to be honest so your best bet is to sell as personalised items through the websites mentioned above.
  5. foujeya fariha

foujeya fariha

Clients often ask me what email database system to buy. So many head-spinning http://www.latestdatabase.com/ choices exist, it gets pretty confusing! Like most systems, it depends on what you'll use it for

. Are you simply searching for a way to distribute the monthly newsletter? Or, do you want to be a serious internet marketer leveraging automated email marketing campaigns, affiliate programs and split testing? Big difference. On thing advanced internet marketers know is "the power is in the list," (a.k.a. your email database).

Investing in the right database system from the beginning is better for business. This article is for small business owners who wish to be serious internet marketers. When shopping for an email database system, the most important features to consider are:
    http://www.hollister.us.org/how-to-build-a-mailing-list-or-lose-your-tech-customers/