1. speedypredict

speedypredict

Is it really important to invest time, money and effort in SEM? Can it really make a difference in my page ranking? Please enlighten me. Thank you.
  2. Cody

Cody

It really can make a huge difference in driving organic traffic up - however difficult that may be.

Competition is huge these days, and where more people and putting a serious amount of money into online marketing, PPC, Adwords and so on, that can be very expensive.

SEM involves SEO, and this too can be difficult - especially if you have limited time and resources. Although, ensuring that you're targeting the right keywords and phrases (possibly the same as your competitors) and providing new fresh content, then you'll reduce the competition to better increase your page ranking. Use this site here to check what your PageRank is.

To also increase your PageRank (the relevance of your site) you need to start gaining some more backlinks from authoritative sites- these are the sites that link back to your site and or web pages.

I'm actually half way through writing a new blog piece on SEO/ finding the right keywords.
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

Pageranks haven't been updated for a long time (end 2013 for as far as I know).
  4. Cody

Cody

Yes that's true, PageRank Toolbar has not been updated since December 2013. That's why it's important to start focusing more on:
    Panda ensures your site is worthy to show on the fist page of Google if you have a great user experience (this also include high quality content) on your site. Here's a link explaining just that. Any major changes to your site will have an affect to how you rank in the Google Pages.

Penguin however, is much different. Penguin focuses on "Unnatural & low quality linking". Here's a link explaining that too.
  5. speedypredict

speedypredict

Thanks for your reply. I can see now the difference and I think it would be also so hard for me to invest into this kind of business as I have only limited budget.

Anyway, is it possible to hire a provider like this website? Does this help? Actually this was suggested by a friend but not sure if this is can make a change. :)
  6. mdenis90

mdenis90

Hi, yes it is worth it. In my opinion every business that have a website should invest some time and money in SEM. It's trough is a competitive but you have many ways to build the organic traffic or to pay for the rankings in google.
  7. walterhank11

walterhank11

Yes, it is important and worth taking. I have an eCommerce business and I have taken informatics IMS SEM services and has seen an increase in sales.
  8. Stylesupplier

Stylesupplier

It depends
    Many keywords of our website on the first page of yahoo/bing, google, but there is no traffic as well.
    Maybe we not get the point.
  9. Nikki Sharma

Nikki Sharma

A scanning electron microscope (SEM) scans a focused electron beam over a surface to create an image. The electrons in the beam interact with the sample, producing various signals that can be used to obtain information about the surface topography and composition. Table of Contents. It provides flexibility to advertisers and can even help inform other marketing channels! It's important for brands to focus on SEM so that they can see both immediate and long-term results, analyze that data for better insights, and, in turn, convert visitors into customers. SEM has the power to do all that, and more.
    Benefits of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
    • Increase brand awareness and brand equity of product.
    • Increase Visibility - Increase in web site traffic.
    • Advertise to an audience that's already interested in you.
    • Increase in targeted leads.
    • Target your ads to users based on languages and locations.
  10. MarkHenry

MarkHenry

Hi,
    Good question!
    It's so important nowadays.
    It can bring you a lot of traffic now in the competitive market.

Every online businessman is doing this. You can give some time to research a little bit on this then you will get the answer on your own. It will help you to go ahead with a proper plan.

Thanks
    Mark
  11. Robert Brown

Robert Brown

Do some research on this. Google it. You will get your answer.
  12. sam06

sam06

SEM extends to search engine marketing. This search engine marketing is one of the most effective ways of promoting your business in Search engine pages. To do SEM you need to pay some Money to Search engines so that they will keep your website at the top the first search engine results page depending upon the bidding and what keywords are relevant to your websites. This is also called as Pay-Per-Click. For each click, you need to pay some money.
  13. Aron Kenyon

Aron Kenyon

Of course it works on a case by case basis but it can generally have a positive effect on your business.