Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!

Semi automated SEO ?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by FurnitureGuy, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy

A friend mentioned that some companies do semi automated SEO where for example they'll write up an article but then will get a software to change it a couple of times for automated submissions..similar thing for directory submissions etc. For key link with high PR, they will do manually to ensure you get the most juice....

Question is (which he couldnt answer) if anyone has actually used or actually seen one of these agencies that they can recommend as I'd love to have a chat with them ... many thanks
  2. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

I can do one better, I can tell you what software they use, however, the software themselves are a little buggy and you should really pay someone who does this day in, day out, to get the best results. Just post a job on Elance or have a look on Fiverr.

These people usually have a 'Article Spinner' and a 'Article Submitter'.

The Best Spinner
    MultiSpinner
    SpinChimp
    Article Marketing Robot
    Magic Submitter

All the best, but just don't go spamming the Internet.
  3. Anthony

Anthony

This is a strategy which will not yield any long term benefit for your site and may actually lead to you being penalised. These are manipulative techniques and have in the past been very popular with black hats (Google the term) which is now why Google can very easily spot it across the web and penalise you. (Google "panda update" for further reading).

If you are wanting to get full benefit from article marketing then you should only be writing one piece of unique content and then promoting it as much as you can (utilise social media and other networks). One killer piece of unique content will stand you in much better stead than ten variants of the same piece. Think quality, not quantity.
  4. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

I agree with Anthony that creating a extremely good piece of unique content is great and a lot of Internet Marketers are preaching this, however I do feel that article spinning has it's place, for the time being at least.

If you use article spinning to spam content all over the net, hoping to get direct backlinks to your site, then you will fail. You would want to get a unique article and have someone who is very good at spinning, to spin it, so it passes article directories requirements. But don't link those articles back to your site, link them to web 2.0 sites, then those sites link back to yours.

This method may seem spammy, but the point of spinning these articles isn't to get visitors or anything, only purely to get backlinks to your web 2.0, where in turn, they link to your site, which has the really good articles and will provide great content.

People may hate me for article spinning, but I get results, very good results actually from it, but it's how you use it and how strategic you are about it. It's all about strategy, anyone can spam the net and hope for the best with backlinks, but if you have a method and a way of going about your business, then you should succeed.

Besides, all companies use manipulative techniques, none of the high ranking sites are purely through social sharing, there is always SEO going on, from article submissions to blog comments. It's just how you utilise these different techniques into your strategy.

All the best
  5. Anthony

Anthony

Otherwise known as a linkwheel. Used graciously this can be effective, I've seen it done very well, but then I've seen it done very poorly as well and its gone on to penalise sites. Personally I don't like the method, but I can see the appeal for low value links that you are trying to acquire in number, as this method usually achieves this (when done well).
  6. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

Linkwheels are indeed effective, if done correctly and not abused, they can be created very fast, but this is only one method to get backlinks. This is why I said you have to be strategic, you need to get backlinks from other sources too, such as blog comments, guest post, Press Releases, social shares etc...

I personally use article spinning to create a linkwheel, link pyramid, etc... when launching a new site, or a new part of my site i.e. a different category.
  7. Clarkey

Clarkey

Only sites that: look spammy, have bad content and are new will penalised by Google (manual review). If you do have a high velocity of links towards your site that do look unatural then you may lose some rankings for a short while. Google will just place less "authority" to these links.

If your site did get penalised for "bad" or "spammy" links then you could easily take down your competition by doing these methods to their sites.
  8. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy

Thanks for all the replies..helpful but not what I was asking...

I was asking for recommendations to companies that can help with the approach I am after.
  9. Clarkey

Clarkey

So do you want to have an article, then have it spun hundreds of times? Then use these spun articles to be submitted to different formats?
  10. dealking1981

dealking1981

re SEO Add People

www.addpeople.co.uk/

Warning Fraudsters Avoid

do not use add people i signed up with them the next i wanted to cancel... immediately they took my money (180 the very next day) and have not done any work for me have reported them to the financial ombudsman16 hours ago ·
  11. Clarkey

Clarkey

Cheers mate! Note taken!
  12. Sbrands

Sbrands

Just been reading about SEO (SEO for dummies) regarding white hats and black hats, black hats will be great for the short term but long term you are sure to get caught, furthermore you will lose more than you have gained.
  13. Clarkey

Clarkey

Wrong.
  14. Sbrands

Sbrands

Tell me your thoughts on why this is wrong clarkey, the above is not my opinion. but that of the those who wrote the book (not educated enough on SEO to form an opinion myself)
  15. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

I think Clarkey means that this is wrong. Black Hat is never a good idea at all.

Anyway, I don't know how often they update their books, but I would imagine that a lot of stuff in SEO for Dummies is out of date, apart from the basic principles.

SEOBook is a good place to start.
  16. Clarkey

Clarkey

I actually meant black hat is good :). I don't actually like the term "black hat" anyway. People automatically think it's wrong, just from the name.
    You will only get "caught" if you do it wrong! Black hat is supposed to replicate a natural way of back linking. Just think of it as an automated process. I know of tons of webmasters who have built their websites with black hat methods. I know of the webmaster who was ranking #1 for a term that was Google.com's highest trending word and that was built purely from black hat!