1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

SEO Backlinking results from Pats SEO monthly service

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Tracy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Tracy

Tracy

Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods, didn't seem to fit anywhere..

Ok thought i would post my results on Pats SEO monthly service, as there have been so many questions relating to it.

I dont know much about this type of thing, it was a case of someone told i need this so i went and got it lol

Here is the package i chose:

• 200 Profile links
    • 500 blog comments
    • SEO site review & analysis
    • A total of up to 1100 links per month
    £80 per month on very competitive keyword "mobile phone repairs" over 38Million results.

Here are my results:

Ok now the gaps in the numbers are ones i have taken out because they were links to TWF, profiles that i have set up myself and other forums linking to my sig. All done by me.
  2. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

Im new too Tracy to SEO, but I saw the other post and was a but dubious as as far as I know SEO Backling Needs to be relevant.

What happens is when googles spider comes accross the backling on a site it examines the keywords and asks whether it relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlink

http://www.simpleeffectiveseo.com/backlinks.htm

As the spiders delves deeper each time it visits the site it realises the anchor and keywords do not have a relevency to the site it is on, hence your seeing a drop. I looked at some of the sites and I can't find any on that list that are remotely relevant.

I checked this site with your wesbite:
    http://www.backlinkwatch.com/index.php

It shows you have approx 100 backlinks not including TWF, some with no anchor text and some with your website as the anchor text. A usual rule of thumb with these tools show only 20 - 30% of actual links so dont worry on that front.

Again Im no expert but I dont think that's good backlinking as I understand it, its good and cheap in the short term, but as a long term SEO project I wouldn't use it.
  3. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

Also when considering a site to backlink to you need to ensure they DoFollow
    http://www.squidoo.com/dofollow

If they have NoFollow it means that the search engine may give you credibility for the link, but will help associate the keywords to the website your promoting.

If Im correct http://blog.area-71.net/contact.aspx is such one site from your list.
  4. Tracy

Tracy

Thanks Filmnoir that was some helpful reading :)
  5. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

No probelms, as I said Im no expert, so am interested to hear what the other 'more experienced' members have to say on SEO backlinking, as to me there's alot of conjecture...let alone white hat, grey hat and black hat lol!
  6. Kibble

Kibble

Tracey, I notice you are using Adwords and opting to get them in the top 2/3 sponsored placements. I suppose the acid test of SEO is whether your site appears on the front page of Google results using your keywords. I don't see you on the front page, is this likely to change?
  7. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

Heres a tip take the top site in google and use the backlink site I found and you can see where they are backlinking.
  8. Tracy

Tracy

I have appeared a few times on page 1 via sponsored links. Not all the time though i guess due to my daily budget on adwords is £2.

Im not in the top 100,000 sites for my keywords either.
  9. Kibble

Kibble

I used to advertise adult entertainment lines on Google Adwords and regularly got on the front page purely due to the size of bid. The conversion rate was pretty good too. Too much free **** on the internet nowadays to make telephone lines pay.

What is your opinion of SEO if your keywords aren't showing up?

I'll declare my hand and say I am highly sceptical of SEO and the methods used. I think it is a pseudo science invented by practitioners to make a quick buck but I am open to having my mind changed.
  10. Tracy

Tracy

Its a massive minefield designed to confuse everyone lol

So companies that do understand it can make a fortune telling us what we need to get our websites found. Has this worked for me so far? No definatly not, in fact i am getting less business now than i was before i used it.

I dont know what this is down too and NOT saying that Pat's links have given a negative impact on me at all.
    Perhaps January is a time when all my competitors decide to optimise their sites, who knows. This is what we pay SEO experts to tell us and fix.
    But who do you trust when you dont know much about the industry.

Learn it yourself i guess :dunno:
  11. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

I agree there! If I don't know how it works, how can I ensure something I pay for is working lol
  12. Tracy

Tracy

Exactly. Thing is its a massive massive thing to learn, really dont have the time and if i did then i would prob move to this industry and do what Pat is doing!. Seems to be a lot of money to make here.
  13. span

span

I took the package, for one of the keywords used before the links were added it was static at page 37,since links were added it started the so called google dance.

Going from p37 to p41/p42 back to p37 for the last week, today it has plunged to p49.I have been doing continuing seo on site as well,been getting 2-3 relevant links every day this week,had 3 articles published on EzineArticles,GoArticles.com with relevant keywords and anchor text.

Also added 2 PR9 links with anchor text for keyword,have used these links in the past to get a new site indexed fast which they did on p1 google for keyword in 48hrs for that site and it's still there.
    Will have to see if google doesn't like these links in the pack,time will tell see what happens in next couple of weeks.

Will keep adding relevant links and submitting articles and see if it comes back.
  14. Kibble

Kibble

The claims by some SEO's to guarantee a top 3 ranking are plainly nonsense. For a market such as the one Tracy is in then "mobile phones" or a derivative of this phrase or keyword will be used by many thousands of other similar sites. Many other similar sites will also use backlinking (which I'm also sceptical about) to improve rankings. This all means that thousands of sites are scrapping for those first page results that are so important. My contention is, how do SEO's keep a straight face when they claim top 3 ranking when they know it is nigh on impossible to achieve?
  15. Tracy

Tracy

My thoughts exactly Kibble, i have SEO companies calling me saying "yeah we will get you on the first page of google for £150" Bascially i just laugh at them.

Im sure they will get me on the first page of google..... for 1 search, then off i drop back down too whos knows where?
  16. Xcat Auctions

Xcat Auctions

I have been involved with SEO and internet marketing in one form or another for around 9 years. The best tip I can give anyone who wants to rank well is to get quality links from quality relevant sites.

Spammy low quality links do not make a great deal of difference to your ranking.
  17. Kibble

Kibble

There are two very easy ways of getting quality links to your site if you think outside the box. Apart from helping your Google ranking it also helps your sales too.
  18. Gary

Gary

According to my google webmaster tools in the last 7 days out of my top 100 results from peoples searches, I have had 94 in the top 10, 54 of which were in the top 5 and one was in No. 1 position, though obviously they are mainly specific (product) searches as opposed to generic so not massive volumes, but I have never paid for SEO
  19. Tracy

Tracy

I had an idea, dunno if this works but i saw my competitor linking from these sites.

You know sites like "yahoo answers" well i have found a load of them and i have been answering the questions on faulty phones and linking to my repair service on my site :)

Good or bad? before i continue lol
  20. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

Id say good as its relevant to the question, plus traffic generation of people looking for that answer too.