1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

SEO Backlinking results from Pats SEO monthly service

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Tracy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Xcat Auctions

Xcat Auctions

You may get a bit of traffic from it, but it wont do a great deal for your ranking.

Easy to get links are not valued by Google. You need links from authority sites to improve your ranking.
  2. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

Yes Yahoo Answers, Blogs anything like that, that have a link to the site will help move it up "naturally" over time!
  3. Nick-D

Nick-D

I would say on-site you have not optimised for Mobile phone repairs, if this is the main keyword you want to rank on you will need to work on your site if you want long-term results for the keyphrase. At the moment google is ranking you for a while and then re-looking at your site and realising other sites are more competitive.

The dynamic URLS you are using on your site will not help but really you need more content and more links from your homepage to your repairs pages using the phrase "mobile phone repairs" pass on the "link juice" that your homepage gets from this 1000 links you have.
  4. Tracy

Tracy

I have no idea how to make the URL's SEO friendly, i have downloaded the add on for Zen, but its causing me issues.
    But yes i know i have to sort this.
  5. Sonny

Sonny

As the "other" seo guy here i thought i would add my input,

First of all Pat wouldn't of damaged your site, link in now way will EVER damage your reputaion, there are some cases where you cannot control the inbound links , and would be easy for companies to link from a "bad neigbourhood" to their competitors and have them drop off, google knows this, so no matter what you here inbound links will never do you any damage.

Links are great when they are relevant, BUT they don't have to be, I have got sites to first page without the use of relevant links.

Why has your site gone up and then dropped?
    These links were built from a big list of sites and whoever Pat oursources to will have worked through this list, the thing is this list is old, these sites are more than familiar with sites linking from them, so after your links have been placed, they soon get removed, google like's permanent links, it also re crawls all of its indexed pages at set times, when it crawls it finds your links give you a boost, re-crawls the page see's that they have gone and marks it down.

Also these links are used by hundreds of Inidian link building companies and the more links a site has going out the less google values the links out from that site, these links aren't really any good no matter what page rank the site is.

Keeping up the seo
    SEO isn't a spent a few quid get to the top and stay there job, work needs to be either by you every so often or your seo guy if you are paying him monthly, you can count on many of your compatitors are also trying to get them top rankings,so keep it up!

Now i'm not slagging off Pat's service, but he needs to keep you guys in the know, if you are oaying him monthly get info out of him about what you can do, I personally had a client 2 days ago, before even started the link building i provided him with some changes to make to his website, within a few hours he was second place for his keyword before i even started link building, i have many monthly clients, i manage to keep them because i show them results and everyone is always contacting me for assistance about how to do this and that, i don't mind this at all! when they pay me monthly i provide a service. You guys need to do this with Pat make sure you get the most out of your money!need to speak to him about some more up to date linking aswell, sorry Pat but i think them kind of links are attrotious nally guarentee that my links have never been used for link building before (except by me) and i feel you should do the same.

To finish!
    Links are great being relevant, but permantant links from good sites are very beneficial, but on no count would pat have done any damage to your site with the links he build.

Tracy.
    Even if you never have any seo again sort your URL out!! :):) the issue lies within your htaccess file and the absense of the //re-write base command, contact me for assistance.

I hope you dont think i have wrote this to slag Pat or his work off, i just noticed alot of you are misguided and hop this has helped :)

Peace out guys :)
  6. Tracy

Tracy

Thanks for that informative post Sonny. Just to clear up i never said that Pat had damaged my site!!!

I created this thread for awareness of this SEO linking stuff, as many people like me are confused.

Thought it would be a good place for people to ask questions about it and get answers like you have done above :)
  7. Tracy

Tracy

Writing things like this confuses me. What an earth does that mean?? I will contact you, thanks :D
  8. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

9. Ultravox

Ultravox

As mentioned previously, SEO is NOT a one/two month project. It can take up to eight months before Google even begins to pick you up. During that time, you're still paying for SEO and seeing no results, which can be disheartening.

SEO is basically maths, and the SEO guys work out the formulas for certain keywords and apply them. Link building is just one part of SEO, and it needs a good mix of various approaches.

You stated that your keyword is 'mobile phone repairs'. With results of 38million+ as a relatively new site to SEO, you've got little to no chance, especially on that budget, of getting anywhere.
    Start with derivatives of that keyword. For example: Blackberry 9700 repairs - 135,000 keywords. Much easier to get to number 1 and therefore get plenty of conversions.
    And keep doing it like that - X repairs or X batteries etc.

Your SEO guy really should be telling you all this, and so that you don't lose hope (as I nearly did when I began):
    I was spending around £200 per month increasing to £600 by month six. In that time I got about 8 sales directly from that SEO work. Continued to pay at £600-£700 a month and then in month 8, bang, 30 sales a day. Those sales effectively paid for the past 8 months of SEO work.

My team built the foundations of effective online advertising and I really reaped the rewards.
    Keep at it.
  10. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

Thanks Ultravox, im glad this thread is starting to provide the answers and indeed more questions about the best ways of managing the SEO process!
  11. Sonny

Sonny

Ultravox is completely right,

SEO is not overnight, but tracys keywords won't be as hard to get as you might think.

it wouldn't take 8 months and cost 200+ a month, but it wont get very far with the kind of links she is geting.

she needs better links and a whole lot of on-site done.

Please contact me regarding your seo friendly URLS Tracy, i won't charge a penny to sort that for you.
  12. Ultravox

Ultravox

I don't particularly mean Tracy's keywords would take 8 months, but they certainly would take a few. Our keywords were around 55million results, so took us longer. But like I said, we began with smaller keywords and dominated those first.
  13. jayjrc

jayjrc

this thread is certainly an eye opener! i for one did think that with 1 shot of seo, i would be reaping the benfits, im glad i have read this thread and am getting a realistic perspective, i would have been slightly pissed if i had the work done and saw no results, but from reading this thread i am beginning to understand why
  14. Ultravox

Ultravox

This is why so many companies make a killing on SEO.
    Treat SEO like so many of us would treat finding a new supplier. You have to have 100% trust in them.
  15. Sonny

Sonny

Trust is spot with on with your SEO guy,

Communication is up there aswell,

If you don't see instant results never worry it might take a while, but you need to know what is going on and need to know generally how seo works to make sure your not paying your seo guy for sitting on his a**e .

But results are important aswell, if you are paing your seo guy for 3 months with no results something is seriously wrong.
  16. Ultravox

Ultravox

I disagree. Depending on the keyword, it can take much longer than 3 months to see direct results from SEO. And I don't mean the odd sale, I mean significant results.
  17. Sonny

Sonny

I'm talking about SERP's if you are 45th result and fter 3 months of paying a seo guy you are still 45th result them something is wrong,

And seo companies make a killing because of techno-babble and promises lol.

What i'm trying to get at is there are a difference in SEO guys, i make a full time living out of it, but i have to bloody work for it :)

theres some guys who will make sure your rankings are high and constantly work with your website to improve it always be there for you when you need advice, and then there are the guys who like to hand you a report and be done with it.

I will personally answer my phone at 3am in the morning if a client has a question, and this is ythe kind of thing that has allowed me to keep clients and make a full time living out of seo.

That and results :)

BUT main thing im trying to get at, if you dont move in the rankings after 3 months there is something wrong, i dont care how much you disagree lol your paying this guy for results and if your not getting them you shouldn't be paying you may think 3 months is a reasonable time to not see results but i don't lets just agree to disagree on this one lol.
  18. Ultravox

Ultravox

I wasn't referring to movement, I mean direct sales. You could move from 150th to 25 and see no sales. That's when I'd be worried.
    SEO is all about building the foundations for effective online marketing, not making a quick buck.
  19. Xcat Auctions

Xcat Auctions

If you are not making sales then its down to your website not your SEO guy. :)
  20. Sonny

Sonny

Right we are on about 2 different things then :)

agree that we are both right then :):)