1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

SEO Backlinking results from Pats SEO monthly service

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Tracy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Kibble

Kibble

SEO practitioners who offer backlinking are out to take your money and nothing else. Backlinking is just one very small part of SEO.

Just concentrate on your business and let the Google ranking take care of itself. SEO is an overpriced and ultimately false economy. The fact is there is not one person who can say they have a top three Google ranking with the promised SEO practitioner who claims this.

Lesson 1 : If an SEO company say they can achieve a top 3 Google ranking ask them for previous clients who are top 3. I can assure you the conversation will terminate pretty soon.
  2. wiscrof

wiscrof

Exactly!

For a moment I was doing freelance seo for a company.
    Customer requirements were infeasible.

- I want to be on the front page of Google with the word "electronics"
    (It happened once for 5 with a keyword much simpler))
    - I want 5000 visitors per day.
    (For an online store, I brought only 700 visitors 1 time, my average was 300 for the others, but he worked hard their sites).
    I prefer doing SEO for free to gain people's trust. Rather than charging a result I do not guaranteed.

Seo is 90% on the site.
    (google translate)
  3. dazzafoster

dazzafoster

I would only ever pay a SEO company for optimization if THEY were optimized on "search engine optimization" on google. If they can get themselves up there on that, I would be pretty confident that they could get me ranked for mine :) If they cant even optimize themselves then why should I expect they could optimize my site!!???

I dont even know if its optimized or optimised ...........
  4. wiscrof

wiscrof

Have you seen?

Your meta description does not own you quotes
    <meta name = "description" content = "<meta content="" />
    It is doubled
    Your meta keyword is not mentioned is empty
    <meta name = "Empty" content =

It's a reflex, sorry if I meddle with what does not concern me
  5. Tracy

Tracy

I am not ignoring free advice :\

I'm grateful for all the info in this thread from members and i will now be taking further advice from my designer, for a new website.

Thanks
  6. dazzafoster

dazzafoster

Thanks for pointing that out, needs tidying up for sure :)
  7. wiscrof

wiscrof

Don't worry.
    I have a very poor English to understand me and google translate does not help me.
  8. Pete

Pete

Tracy, I have found several virtually unknown shopping carts that are not mentioned here, since they have a cost of $300 or so. I am in the position where I need a good, working demo and would be willing to supply one to you at no cost.

The one I am thinking of has it's own built in forum, an affiliate program if you would consider that, a complete CMS module, an Articles section where you can do reviews, etc., a complete helpdesk / support ticket section and much more.

Each item has it's own Page Title, META Description and META Keywords fields, it has retail and registered wholesaler pricing and much more.

It will not be set up in a day, I can tell you that, but it sounds like just what you need to cover everything with one domain/package. These are not add-ons or mods, they come out of the box with this script.

If you get a domain, I'll install and host it for you at no cost, in order to use it as a showplace to refer others to.
  9. Tracy

Tracy

PM'd Pete :)