1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Shenzhen (China) scammers

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Mahendran, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Mahendran

Mahendran

Thought I should share this with people who usually tend to buy goods from China.

Beware of these 2 companies (amongst a host of others):
    Tianyatrade (************************) / Elena (sales rep)
    Shenzhen Good Electronics Co. Ltd (************************) / David (sales rep)

I believe these scammers obtain your email address when you visit or are a member of sites such Alibaba and DHgate. (probably these scammers are buying leads off Alibaba and DHgate).

They send you emails and Skype about their cheap electronic products and even go as far as to provide you with pictures of their "factory products". Their sales rep can speak and write English.

They only accept payment via Western Union and in USD. They promise to ship products via DHL and provide a tracking number the moment payment is made. After you make payment, well, the honeymoon ends!

They will eventually give you excuses such as the goods are stuck at customs etc. When you start bugging them further, they delete your contact and disappear.

I only lost a small amount of money so its not a very painful lesson. But the reason I decided to highlight this is because I feel that they have been targeting a lot of westerners.

There was this sales rep who was extremely convincing and even went as far as to show me proof of a western union payment receipt made by an Australian bloke. I saw his name, quickly googled it and managed to obtain his contact number. I called him and asked him if this was legit - he told me he was cheated as well (up to USD 4,000) and never saw his goods. When I replied the sales rep that I had spoken to the guy and he had told me what happened, she immediately blocked me from her Skype contact.

So for those who are trying to look for products to import from China, remember the golden rule - IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!

Look out for names such as Elena, David and Debin Liu (who is the owner of the scam company). Payments by western union are usually made payable to the head of the scam company.

All the best!
    raymond xu likes this.
  2. NOVEVAN

NOVEVAN

So sad to hear that!!

Abominable scammers:mad::mad:
  3. IMEX Sourcing Services

IMEX Sourcing Services

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is essential to perform adequate diligence on potential suppliers. The information provided by a potential supplier on its website and other media channels is a good start, but you need to verify whether a supplier in fact exists and is what it claims to be. We normally help verify suppliers in China, Taiwan, Thailand & Vietnam.
    raymond xu likes this.
  4. raymond xu

raymond xu

Sounds helpful for wholesalers who want to source in Asia.

companies like