1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Shipping Best Practices - PDF Download

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by Cody, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody

Just another PDF download I've put together for you lovely people.

For those looking to learn more about shipping best practices you can learn about just some of the following:
    The pros and cons involved, some of the best couriers to use, various different packaging options, customs charges, and much much more.

Again, feedback is welcome, and if there's something you think needs to be included then let me know.

Enjoy reading.

Attached Files:

Import Expert and Erik like this.
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi Cody,

A really useful guide.

I would like to add a comment regarding packaging. If you are buying from overseas in bulk, chances are you are importing to the UK and using your own individual packaging before posting out the product to your customer. In some cases it might be worth considering getting this element done at source, so items are individually packed already for onward sale. A) Costs are likely to be cheaper, and B) Less work for you to do. Some suppliers won't want to do this, but no harm in investigating.

I order contact lenses online for my personal use and I still love the fact that I get a little bag of Haribo (other sweets are available) with my order. If you have stock that you want rid of that may not be selling, perhaps consider adding a free gift to your orders. Consumers love a freebie and it makes you stand out.

Finally a bit of shameless self promotion. Woodland group deal with a large number of customers where we import their goods, usually via seafreight, and we store and either use our own fulfilment centre in Chelmsford for orders, or, send the goods on to Amazon FBA centres on request of the customer. Amazon's storage charges are fairly high so if they are holding a lot of your stock, it can start to add up. Many of our customers now use us as a longer term storage facility, and we then send part shipments to the Amazon FBA's only when they are needed, thus saving our customers substantial amounts in Amazon storage costs. If anybody reading this would like any details feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Darren.
    Cody likes this.