1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Shipping Couriers

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Saajan, Apr 15, 2006.

1. CHAMPOMY

CHAMPOMY

thanks for your reply
  2. ebiz96

ebiz96

Just signed up with 'Apc Overnight' excellent service and rates for smaller parcels, and they have depots in most uk towns.

Here's there web address *******************************************

Once you are on there site search by location for nearest branch.

All the best

Ash
  3. euro-tobacco

euro-tobacco

We use other system shipping
  4. Saajan

Saajan

5. diki

diki

so am i right in thinking is that all i have to do to do some importing from the usa, is go shopping for whatever goods you need and click on one of the couriers above and they will deliver whatever i have orderd to me in the uk, please please tell me im'e right, put it this way, my dreams are to by some kiddies clothes and adult clothes from lets say wwwefashionwholesale whome i se quite alot on this web site, so i can hope that they are ok to deal with, and i have orderd from there overstock lots,
    100pcs childrens clothes $450
    100pcs highend womens clothes $600
    20pcs designer sunglasses $440

could anyone give me an idear in what i will end up paying after all the taxes have been paid, i am not vat registerd , so i do realise that i cannot claim it back, and i cant se myself going over the £60k threshold,
    been reading lot and lots of threads and even contacted the hrmc online and read there import and export file "breaking down barriers" and the c88 form, and to be honest its all very confusing to me, my main intention is to try the party plan side of buisiness, as i no a girlfriend that used to work for someone that sold tupperware, but she would very much like to try with me to have a go on our own, so all your wisdome will be moore than helpfull many thanks and appollagise for my ramblings
  6. RCormack

RCormack

C88

I'm a bit confused about the C88 as well. By reading the HMRC website, you'd think it was an essential part of the import process, but it's hardly mentioned at all here. The impression here is that you just let the courier deal with it all and pay the bill. Maybe they ask for your VAT number or pseudo TURN at some point but that's all. Can anyone clarify this?
  7. Wavecrest

Wavecrest

Does anyone know/use any courier companies in the UK that will deliver large/heavy parcels to prviate addresses - I mean for example items like gym equipment or furniture which could weigh 50 kilos or more for home delivery? Most courier companies will only handle packages weighing 30 kilos or less.
  8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Thanks, great list. :niceone:
  9. missmushroom

missmushroom

I prefer UPS, they have friendly customer service and they offer better rates.
  10. Pete

Pete

Many of those listed are UK companies.

When buying from the US you will usually be limited to the shipping services offered by the seller. Many have contracts with one or two companies and will only use those companies.

The usual options on parcels are the US Postal Service (USPS), UPS, FedEx and DHL. That is pretty much it. And even then, if the company has a deal with UPS, they may not bother with DHL, even if you request it.

The company I did most of my business with had no options. They had 4 methods - USPS to post office boxes only. UPS for other ground deliveries, DHL for Rush or 2nd day and USPS Priority for Alaska, Hawaii and US possessions. Period. Take it or go buy somewhere else.
  11. discount-store

discount-store

this is only affiliate link to DHL website they don't do anything special...
  12. heyburn

heyburn

If you need to post something on the large or heavy side, you might want to try ukbackloads.com
    I have used them a couple of times and had no problems.
  13. huzayltrading

huzayltrading

I would recommend using any Freight Forwarding company that are reliable. They are some much much more cheaper then well known courier services.

Usually by large quantity you can get a better rate using "Freight Forwarding" company which it will go via Air Cargo.

If you are using small quantites then they are many options out there.
  14. mauropozzi

mauropozzi Banned Member

I like to use DHL,some times UPS

I like to use DHL,some times UPS, because i get different discount from dhl and ups ,some times dhl is cheaper,some times ups is cheaper. their service both good in UK
  15. rogerbagg

rogerbagg

16. Saajan

Saajan

17. AnnaJiang

AnnaJiang

thank you , i am a new member from China, and aslo would like to share more Shipping Couriers information in China if it will help.. :)
  18. Wholesale4All

Wholesale4All

Thanks Sajan
  19. rogeruk

rogeruk

20. bohc

bohc

Hmm....nice

Thanks!
    for me I really like to use FedeX!

Especially, to sent outside country :)